“Perfect warm hotel downtown”
Review of Hotel Niki

Hotel Niki
Ranked #145 of 326 Hotels in Athens
Skala Kallonis, Greece
“Perfect warm hotel downtown”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

nice hotel for people that want to see Athens.Downtown ,nice price,nice staff, nice reception.
the room is renovated and may some rooms are a little bit small but if you ask you may have a spectacular view room to athens acropolis and parthenon . it is value for money

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The hotel has a great location, it near to the most touristic places of Athens. The people in the reception are kind and the facilities are modern. We stayed at a good room, with a nice balcony, but it had a too small bathroom and it was a bit noisy. Good breakfest.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Patra
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

The room was very clean and tidy every day , the staff was friendly and always with a smile . Especially the guy from the reception with the beard. The location of the hotel is also very convenient if you have staff to do down town as I was.
I would recommend it to any one and sure if I go again to Athens this hotel would in top of the list

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Naples, Italy
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We (a couple) just stayed here for the marathon weekend. The staff was superfriendly and helpful. The room was clean and ample space (the price was well below 100E/night so I didn't expect much at all) the bathroom was perfect size and private. Breakfast was included with some delicious coffee as well.
Location was great with a vegan/vegetarian restaurant across the street, organic grocery, sushi, etc etc and the main square about 2 blocks away. I certainly would go back again if our travels bring us to Athens. The only complaint is that the halls are kind of thin and it was clear our neighbors were not needing their rest for the upcoming marathon but no one else in the hotel made loud noises so it could have just been them.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mebrr
Seward, Alaska
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My mother and I recently stayed at Hotel Niki for an overnight visit in Athens. We just got off a cruise and I read about Hotel Niki in my Rick Steves' Athens guide book. I trust his recommendations, so I went with it. The room we had was clean and charming. The bathroom was a bit small, but that is to be expected. I thought it was a good value for the price. We had to leave at 4am to go to the airport and the gentleman at the front desk did offer to have something ready for us, but I declined. We can wait to eat, but I thought it was a nice gesture to have food ready at that hour. Hotel Niki in centrally located to Syntagma Square and the metro. My only compliant is that the beds are a bit stiff.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank 6MichelleS
Kapolei, Hawaii
Reviewed 23 October 2013

There were 3 of us, my sister, her daughter and me. The room was adequate and the breakfast was nice. It was close to everything. The front desk was always helpful, the rooms cleaned and they even opened the breakfast room early for us when we were picked up for a day cruise. Others have complained and all I can say is if you want a big room and room service go around the corner to the New Hotel and pay quadruple for it. A fine place if you are in Athens to see Athens. if you want luxury go someplace else. But a clean neat room close to everything is what we like. The breakfast came with the room and they had fresh juice, coffee, tea, bread, sweet bread, hard boiled eggs, ham, cheese, granola for the delicious Greek yogurt along with jellies, butter, a toaster. A nice buffet. If I go back to Athens I will stay there again.

Room Tip: If you are in Athens to see Athens and want to spend your money on souvenirs instead of a fancy expe...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Brighton
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

We chose the Hotel Niki due to its location, it's got a great central location, easy walking distance to all the main sites in Athens. Our room was basic but comfortable and everything we needed. There's free wifi which was really handy. Breakfast again was very basic- ham, cheese, hard boiled egg and bread. It was nice but limited. All hotel staff very really friendly and helpful. At check in they explained where to go and not to go on a map and were there if we had any questions. I loved that everything was on our doorstep but if I was staying for more than 2 nights I'd want something a bit more luxurious, spacious and with more variety at breakfast.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family