“Terrible Accommodation with Arrogance”
Review of Hotel Neos Olympos

Hotel Neos Olympos
Ranked #239 of 326 Hotels in Athens
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Terrible Accommodation with Arrogance”
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

I should have stayed here for 2nights last 11-13Jan; but it turned out to be a terrible experience with display of arrogance from Anastacio, an old man reception personnel. Since my wallet was stolen on my first day at Monasteriki that i needed to temporarily blocked my credit cards, i decided to appear and negotiate with him to still charge the 32Euro against my accounts (as my cash was as well taken away by the thugs and my card will be replaced after a week). The fact that i appeared and gave my passport and situation, this man instead CANCELLED my booking and bluntly displayed his arrogance and stated that he NEEDED cash so he would sell my booked room than having my presence at all.

I couldnt believe that there exists a single individual in the industry having no breeding at all, nor a proper training to display polite service for the guests. The fact that their location is not at all impressive and enticing (industrial area and too far from from the point-of-interests), this property would only give insignificant experience to enjoy Athens for all the tourists alike... Even a penny is not worth-spending for this slum-hotel...

Stayed January 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Sibiu
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I spent one day at Neos Olympos Hote in Athens and the impression are:
- the hotel didn't exceeded my expectations, but it didn't disappointed me as well
- it is on a crowded street, so it is a litlle bit noisy ( the fact didn't affected me very much because I arrived there after one night without sleep and one day strolling in Athens)
- the room was clean, but the furniture seemed quite old ( I had a room at the first floor).
- the buffet breakfast was ok, you can't expect much from a 1* hotel
- I couldn't pay the room with my credit card due to some technical problems with the POS
- I arrived at the hotel before checking in time ( at 9 AM), but the room was available at that time
- the staff is friendly

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank sibiu_traveler
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This is the third time we've stayed at this hotel. It represents exceptional value for money and exemplifies the best in Greek hospitality. Although this hotel is not right in the city centre (it is located almost opposite Athens main railway station) there are excellent trolley bus and metro connections which quickly get you into the city. The hotel is also well situated for easy transfers to the airport and the main ferry port at Piraeus.
Despite arriving after midnight (due to a flight delay) we were given a warm welcome.
We purchased food at a nearby restaurant and brought it back to the hotel, eating it on the balcony overlooking the old Peloponese Railway station. Our room was comfortable, clean and there was plentiful hot water for showers even at that time of night and even although the hotel is on a main road the traffic noise didn't cause us a problem. We had forgotten to put our watches forward and after a very comfortable night went downstairs for breakfast - thinking it was 9.15am - however it was 11.15am, so we had missed it!
A Neos Olympos breakfast fairly sets you up for the day so we had to make do with a cup of coffee up at the Plaka instead.
We were taking a ferry to the Dodecanese later in the evening so asked if we could leave our cases at the hotel while we went into the city - which was no problem, in fact we also arranged to leave our cases at the hotel (even although we weren't staying there) on our return from the islands until it was time to catch our flight home, again leaving us free to explore the city.
Giorgos and Giorgia run a well established hotel, which is always a good introduction for foreigners coming into Greece.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Michael G
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We had stayed 2 nights at neos olympos. The staff was helpful and rooms were clean; only thing is there are too much noise due to traffic. There are not too many choice in the breakfast but it was satisfactory. Its a cost-effective alternative of staying. One of the guest's car is stolen on the next street on the first night. If you travel with car you should park in a safer place.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank BerkayDikici
Belfast
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

The hotel is on a busy main street. I asked for a quiet room but as I had booked a triple room I had to get a room on the main road as all the triples were there. The room was on the fourth floor and there was no lift. The sound proofing of the room was poor and road noise was quite loud. Other breakfast was plentiful but the quality was average.

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 13 September 2013

location is kind of good,slightly off the city, but not too far,me and my fd arrived at night... not easy to find if its ur first time there, but theres a police station near by , so ppl are willing to help. there are many travel agency near by, so if your going to albania next, you could easily get a ticket . staff dont speak great english but very helpful share bathroom is clean , breakfast is GREAT considering this price.

I stayed there 3 nights and we are like long-term traveler , we really need internet for information, and the wifi wasn't working for 2 days there....so.....

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank kimberlykww
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Hotel is family-run, very friendly and clean. For the money you can't get much better than this place. Ask to stay on first or second floor as rooms are newest there, although top floor also seems nice ... Just not as up-to-date. Owners take a lot of pride in their hotel and are very helpful arranging for taxis, etc. Only serious drawback is the location ... Do you want to save 25€ for 3-4 block walk? I'll let you decide that one for yourself. For me the decision was easy.

Room Tip: 1st and 2nd floors are newer