Phidias Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
Adrian Hotel(Athens)
Arion Athens Hotel(Athens)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsspecifically chose this hotelpedestrian streetfree shuttle serviceweekend stayexcellent locationcleaned dailymetro stationwalking distance from the acropolissqueezed orange juicethe hotel offersnoisy at nighthotel roomstayed here for two nightsa great place to stayrooms are smallon footmain attractions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Cheaper place, great location. Really friendly and helpful staff. The room was a decent size had a fridge and ac. However, the bathroom needs a lot of work - there was mold everywhere, holes in the wall, the shower head wouldn't stay up on it's own, very very dirty, I was unsure that if it had even been cleaned prior to our arrival, the door would barely open and shut, too small to even dry off after a shower. It's too bad the bathroom was like that because other than that everything was really good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jen9H
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed in the Phidias hotel for two nights. We had a nice, clean room at the backside of the hotel. The breakfast was simple but good. Our sons had a room at the front side of the hotel and that was really nice. The Apostolou Pavlou is a nice street with lots of artisans selling their art, lot of pedestrians walking to the Acropolis. Lots of terraces where you can have a drink. Thissio is a nice area to stay, five minute walk to Monastiraki. When we return to Athens we will sure stay in this hotel again. The personnel is very kind and helpful.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Heg13
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The good: as the subject says, the location could not be more perfect. It's a short walk from the nearest metro station and within walking distance of most areas worth visiting. The front door opens to a magnificent view of the Temple of Hephaestus. The staff was rather friendly and helpful and the price per night was extremely good. There are, however, enough things wrong to make my stay at the hotel on the disappointing side. The hotel is clearly an older building and my room showed signs of age. I can't say it wasn't clean, but the disrepair was starting to show in the fixtures and molding. Further, the AC unit did not work my entire five night stay, and the biting insects in the evening forced me to keep my windows closed leading to hot, uncomfortable nights. In addition, the breakfasts were very underwhelming. If you can look past the aging building and can survive without air conditioning, I can recommend this hotel - it was clean enough and the location and price were just that good.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Weredingo
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I was in desperate need for hotel when I arrived in Athens, sick as a dog. My husband found the hotel through Expedia, the pictures look pretty decent and clean. But when my daughter and I got there... we were being put in this small room, dirty small bathroom , bugs infested and very small balcony with AC condenser that oozes water from the AC - so small and dirty hardly can sit there!
For the price they were asking, it isn't worth it! Yes,it is close to almost every tourist spots but it isn't worth the money. Old and dreary... the lift was scary! Another thing.. It was NOISY! I'm used to backpacking travel too but the rate wasn't backpacker rate. We booked for 6 days.. leave after the 1st day and didn't get our money back. The pictures on their Facebook site and on Expedia very misleading. It could be potentially better hotel with its prime location but they need to clean it up a bit (read: A LOT!) if they are asking for that much Euros/night!! Unless you're desperate.. don't stay there.. :( - all I can say is.. dirty,dirty, dirty!

Room Tip: Unless you're desperate, drunk or just don't care... don't stay here!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Aurora J
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My wife arrived in Athens sick as a dog with our daughter In tow. She was fine for the first three nights as she had 5 star accommodations that we were unfortunately unable to extend. Desperately trying to help my family I found this hotel and sent the link to my wife. We both reviewed it and were misled by the wonderful photographs that had been posted. I booked the room for 6 nights for around 800usd. My family could barely make it through one day here.

Where to start? Dead bugs everywhere, ac condenser leaking onto the balcony filling it full of condensate and rendering it unusable, holes drilled through the floor, having to step over a toilet to get into a shower filled with mold, filthy sheets, towels, blankets, and pillow case. Nice to get a case of pink eye while you are already sick because someone is too lazy to properly clean bed linens in a hotel. The rooms are dirty, dirty, dirty, and in short FILTHY DIRTY!!! The lift is straight out of 1945 and needs to be replaced. NOISY,! My wife described it as being in a prison, doors slamming all day and night making it impossible to sleep. My family didn't even bother with the free breakfast. To top it off, the hotel refuses refunding of the money or to transfer into a different room.
In the dnd of it all I'm not certain how this place gets good reviews and 3 stars, they ought to pay you to spend the night here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here! Get a real hotel for a cheaper price, even if you have to walk a bit, so what? After all aren't you there to experience the beauty of Greece?
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family