“warm, friendly and in the midst of action”

O&B Athens Boutique Hotel
Ranked #6 of 326 Hotels in Athens
Shanghai, China
“warm, friendly and in the midst of action”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

A great property and great service. rooms are well kept and surprisingly well lit. right in the midst of all the scenic spots of Athens on Ermou street and close proximity to all modes of transport to explore the city by. Also the advise given by dmitiriz and the staff was excellent and we had loads of fun and were able to make the most of our small vacation cause of their help. Could'nt ask for more...

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank worldly_sojorn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2013

We stayed at O&B and our stay was made extra special by the warmth and truely friendly help from hotel staff from receptionists ,to waitresses and porters.
Extra surprises with welcome platter,DVD to see when bored with TV,fullfilling array of breakfast spread etc.
Pretty central,easy access to many interesting parts of Greece.
If I visit again,I'll definitely stay at O&B!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank beassona
Corfu, Greece
Reviewed 28 January 2013

This small boutique hotel offers a great quality of service. The breakfast was very tasteful and of top quality. The bathroom of the room spacious. The room in general very clean. The only negative aspect was the the too soft pillows that disturbed my sleep. My only suggestion would be a selection of pillows

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yiotab
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I stayed twice at this hotel in short intervals. The highlight of this hotel is its staff! They are attentive and friendly. From the minute you arrive at the hotel you know that you have made a good choice, after having to ignore the graffiti-ridden walls on the narrow road leading to it. Check-in was swift and the receptionist patiently explained to me where I could get dinner on the first night and called the restaurant to reserve within minutes. The reception hall and the hotel in general have a calm and relaxed atmsophere, essential in a bustling city like Athens. Minutes after check-in someone knocked at my door and it was a staff member offering me traditional Greek pastries as a welcome snack!
The rooms are very good: clean, comfortable with a CD player and good lighting. The wifi works good. Because I was in Athens during a major public transportation strike I had to organize my trips around the city and the suburbs beforehand and the receptionist took the time everyday to inquire about the exact addresses of my visits and called cabs to instruct them in Greek on the place and address: He sometimes walked me outside to insist again on the address. Thanks!
The breakfast was good: fresh fuits daily, cereals, a very good variety of traditional pastries, cakes and dairy products, along with normal breakfast dishes. The orange juice is fresh and tasty! You may also order food that is not on the buffet. The waitresses were really nice! The interesting thing about the breakfast hall though is that if you get a windown seat (not difficult) you get to watch the shops across the streets open and start selling everything from antiques to old posters, home furniture and other belongings. It seemed to be an area known for this trade. And they have the Herald Tribune of the day at the entrance!
Make sure you take advantage of the discount at the restaurant for hotel clients. I had dinner there once and it was good, especially the traditional appetizers: i was confused between two I really liked, so the chef prepared half portions of each and the price of one dish! They were delicious and I prefered them to the main dish - lamb and yogurt.
I enjoyed my two stays here and I would certainly stay there again. The only negative point that may bother some travellers is that at night some of the corner roads in the area are rather dark with homeless people around, but I was never bothered. Also becarefuly when you walk out of the hotel about 5 meters to the right, there is a staircase that goes down without warning on the sidewalk (happens a lot in the city).

Room Tip: I got upgraded on my second visit (second floor from the first floor) and the room was larger. There...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Flying M
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We visited Athens for a short 4 day trip during the first few days of Dec '12. It was an all girls trip, with 4 of us sharing 2 rooms. Though the hotel does not have connecting rooms, they offered us (upgraded) adjacent rooms.
The service throughout the trip was impeccable - right from the moment we walked in till the day we left. They were helpful with ideas, maps, directions, tips.. Though we had some idea of all that we wanted to do and see, it truly made a difference in the way they went out of their way to help ensure we all had a good time. They never pushed any particular tours on us, as some hotels love to do.
The rooms, even if a little small, were perfectly clean, as well as the bathrooms (which is a must for me). The morning breakfast is plentiful and varied (perfect combinations available to cure a hangover).
The location was perfect for our group, as we wanted to be near Gazi (the bar/pubbing area), Pireos street (the clubs), the Monastiraki and Plaka areas (restaurants and shopping). We walked around most of the time and cabbed it during the evenings. The area is fairly safe and there are plenty of eateries around open till all odd hours of the night.
Our trip was perfect and I believe O&B was a good part of the reason behind it.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at this hotel. It was wonderful. The room was very clean, bed was also very comfortable. Our room had a view of the acropolis. It was wonderful. The staff was also very helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Simon W G
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
Reviewed 16 January 2013

We stayed for a few days either side of the 2013 NY and we cannot state how impressed we were with both this hotel and Athens generally. I would certainly recommend visiting this city out of season.

The O&B is a well appointed little hotel and we were in a room which had a balcony looking up at the Acropolis. The area it is in might put some off, but you should not worry and you can explore with out fear and the graffiti is the youths' way to tell the politicians they have messed up the country.

All the staff were fantastic, all bar none. They were helpful, friendly and this really added to the stay. From when we arrived, they gave some useful tips and pointers and sorted trips out for us. Again, I cannot emphasize just hoe good they were.

We only took breakfast there but it was splendidly fresh offering every morning and not stale or stodgy.

Overall, we have done what is the best advert for a place and recommend to friends based on our 100% happy time there.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple