“Perfect hotel in a great location.”

O&B Athens Boutique Hotel
Ranked #5 of 281 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 13 June 2013

First of all, I can't begin to say how awesome the staff was at this hotel. I had a piece of paper saved with all of their names, but I lost it and at this point in our vacation, I can't remember anybody's names! So, I'll just do the best I can and say that EVERYONE at the hotel made our stay wonderful. We arrived to the hotel after our flight early on Thursday morning. By the time we took a taxi from the airport (35 euro plus 5 for a tip-we had about 5 bags) it was about 10 a.m. Upon checking in we were pleasantly advised that we could go up to our room which was a relief because technically, check in wasn't until much later. Even better news was that we could go ahead and have breakfast. I'm going to just break our hotel stay up into sections to try to be a bit clearer....

Location: The hotel was about 30 minutes or less from the airport near Monastariki. Right near the subway and around the corner from the walking path to Acropolis. Every major sight was within a 20 minute or so walk. I actually wouldn't have picked a different area. I've read that the neighborhood is "sketchy" and I would never say that. Yes, there is graffiti on the walls, and yes, the hotel is down a side street in the flea market area, but it was safe and I never felt like I was in any danger. Graffiti is all over Athens.....We were surrounded by restaurants and also not far from major shopping areas on Ermou Street. Once we got our bearings on the area, it was so easy to find everything.

Arrival: We gave our taxi driver the address and directions to the hotel which I was glad I did because it was on a side street that I've heard many drivers have had trouble finding. Our driver had no troubles at all. 30 minutes from the airport and we were there. You step out of the taxi and into an amazing hotel. Check in was fast and efficient. Our bags were immediately taken and even though it was only 10 a.m. our room was ready and they let us check in right away! We were given a map and all sorts of advice on the area and what to see and where to eat and what to do and we felt so welcome after such a long journey. We were shown our room and given an overview on how this and that works....and we took a bit of time to freshen up and then we went down to the restaurant for breakfast.

Breakfast/restaurant: Breakfast was included in our stay. From the moment we walked into the restaurant (which faced the street and a wall of windows) we felt at home. The restaurant (and rest of hotel) was bright, modern and airy. There were fresh flowers everywhere and my favorite especially, the Asiatic Lillies. Maria took our orders and brought us fresh coffee and since I'm a tea drinker, she made sure I had tea every morning. I can't praise the hotel enough on the cleanliness and classiness of the restaurant. The orange juice was the freshest, most "orange" juice I've ever had. There was a selection of pastries, breads, croissants, deli meats, cheeses, tomatoes, cucumbers, feta and a different type of egg selection every day. There was also fresh fruit and cereals. The best thing was that breakfast was served until 11:30 which was great since we were still on Eastern time and didn't get up until late. The second morning of our arrival we awoke at 11:15 and rushed downstairs in a panic, worried that breakfast was over but Maria greeted us kindly. (very unlike what you would find in a hotel in the U.S.) She even offered to make me an omelette, and how could I turn her down? So, even though it was very late, they fed us well and still made us feel welcome and we were content. (the omelette was very good too!) You could also take your food up to your room if you wanted. The staff was always very attentive and "how can I help" or "what can I get you" were always the first things they asked....

Our room: We were lucky that they were able to upgrade us to a petite suite with a view of the Acropolis. We had a private balcony which had a table and two chairs. The room had a very nice size double bed (almost queen) with the most comfortable bedding. The bathroom was large with a shower and large sink and there were plenty of plugs (bring your adapters). My only complaint at all is that the lighting in the bathroom was very faint and I wish they had a makeup mirror or that the lighting was brighter. I don't know, maybe it was for the best. lol. But it was a bit challenging putting on makeup and getting ready. There was a flat screen tv on the wall and also a mini fridge which we used as we bought some beverages. The air conditioning unit worked great. The balcony was very nice and I couldn't quit saying, "omg, look at that. That's the Acropolis!" every time I stepped outside. I didn't notice a lot of street noise. There were also toiletries provided as well as robes and slippers. Very luxurious. I can't think of a single thing that we needed that wasn't provided. This hotel ranks right up there with some of the better hotels that I've stayed at.

Misc: One day we went out and it was raining and it was no problem to borrow two umbrellas. The elevators were fast and efficient, plus you could just use the stairs if you felt like it. The closet was pretty spacious for hanging up clothes and there were a couple of drawers. There was a safe if you wanted to lock up your belongings. Overall, the hotel had a luxurious, classy ambience and we ALWAYS felt welcome and at home when we walked in the doors. I am a corporate travel agent and send people everywhere in the world. If any of my clients ever travel to Athens, I will definitely recommend this hotel to them and anybody else who asks me about Athens. No, there is no pool, spa or fitness center here, but it's ok. That is not why we were here. Plus with all the walking we did, it was plenty of exercise. Coming back to that comfortable bed was something I looked forward to. Also, on our last night they sent us up two glasses of complimentary wine (red for DH and white for me) as well as a fruit platter. Very nice! And since we had a 6:30 a.m. pick up time for the taxi, they also packed us some breakfast to go, free of charge! You just can't beat special touches like that.

Also, the only time we needed a wake up call, it was prompt and the taxi service that they arranged to take us to Piraeus for our ferry to Santorini was right on time. 22 Euro from hotel to port. The driver even waited while I ran into Blue Star's main office to pick up our tickets. I love, love, loved the O & B and can't wait to return. I'm sure I'm forgetting something but I wanted to write about our experience before I forgot it all! Book the O & B, you will not be disappointed.

5  Thank suezinohio

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Although the immediate surroundings have been marred by graffiti, I never once felt unsafe during my 4D3N stay. O&B is a lovely boutique hotel and the staff are friendly and helpful. It will be my choice again when/if I go back to Athens!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Another late review, but worth writing...
On our way to Mykonos in August 2012, we stayed at O&B Athens and we're very glad we did! If I recall correctly, we had the Acropolis Junior Suite, which was on the 4th (top) floor with an unbelievable view of the Acropolis, both framed dead center in the picture window in front of the bed as well as full-on from the private balcony. It was so stunning that we booked our return stop for the exact same room. While the immediate surroundings appear to be a bit sketchy, it was very safe and you're actually quite centrally located for walking around the city on foot, from the historic attractions, partying in Gazi (you can easily walk there and back on a pedestrian street), and shopping in the streets in Monasteraki, etc. Staff were very helpful in giving us pointers for exploring on foot and in arranging for transportation. Breakfast was generous and well done.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tribecaleblon
Reviewed 10 June 2013

The staff at O&B are some of the nicest people of all time. Seriously, they could not be more friendly and helpful. We were leaving at 6:30am to catch the 7:25 ferry to Santorini...so they packed a breakfast for us to eat on the ferry. They gave us great recommendations on places to eat and explore. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 337SamanthaC
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Coming back from Poros we spent one night at the O&B Athens Hotel.
We were impressed by the excellent and also sobre design, in the hotel facilities as well as in our room. The service was at a very high personalized level. The breakfast is excellent and copious.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

We just returned home from our stay at the beautiful O&B Hotel. It was a great location. We could walk from there to the Acropolis and to museums. The front desk was extremely helpful and accomodating, and our room was very modern and lovely. We were very happy with all of the accommodations and breakfast. We would definitely stay there again!
(Baltimore, Maryland)

1  Thank Diamond7204
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Loved O&B and would 100% stay there again if we head back to Athens. The staff were so accommodating, food in dining room was excellent. Only complaint is the small rooms, however you have to keep in mind you are in the centre of Athens. Love it, would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor to avoid street and restaurant noise