“will definitely return”

Ranked #5 of 325 Hotels in Athens
Hong Kong, China
“will definitely return”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

located just off the main road it was like a sanctuary really.. loved the interior, rooms nice and clean, spacious bathroom, breakfast Mediterranean style.. super helpful staff especially Pavlos! will definitely stay there again next time I am in Athens

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sherwood K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

What a fantastic hotel! It was like a sanctuary in the middle of the city. Returning home here every evening after huge days walking around was such bliss. The staff were absolutely amazing, suggesting & booking great restaurants for us. Awesome location too. The bathroom was definitely on the small side but nothing we couldn't manage. Couldn't have been better!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amanda C
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed at the O&B for 5 days, arriving Wednesday 15th February. I was a female travelling on my own having important medical treatment in Athens. My boyfriend was unable to come with due to work commitments. So was after a welcoming, friendly hotel where I could relax and not feel stressed about things. I stayed in a standard room on the 2nd floor (room 6)
For one person it was more than adequate in size. Breakfast was fantastic, good choice of fresh fruit, yoghurt, nuts. (all the things I love) Plus a really nice choice of cooked eggs and bacon, bread etc.. Lots of nice coffee.
I had dinner hotel every night ( didn't want to venture far as I was under doctors orders to rest).
The menu choice was very good and the quality of food plus presentation was excellent.
Pavolos, Anna and Julia were very nice helpful staff, plus the chap who checked me in on my day of arrival (sorry I didn't catch your name). All good!
I shall definitely be back one day with my boyfriend and we may treat ourselves to a suite.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank MissCapriLondon
Landstuhl, Germany
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Looking at the Parthenon from our view on the balcony was probably my favorite part. My boyfriend and I sat and talked over a bottle of probably the best wine I've ever drank that we bought from the winery and liquor store just a few buildings away, while we looked at the beautiful view. The staff treats you like royalty, and the Greeks as a whole are very friendly people. The food at the O&B is superb, I was really surprised, and I stuffed myself silly every morning at breakfast with the wide variety of choices they have. Their bar also made delicious cocktails, which we had before heading to the Gazi district for more fun, which the hotel had recommended to us, and only a 10 minute walk away. The rooms are small but very nice, and very accommodating. They had 120 AND 220 plugs for my electronics, so I had no need for my adapter! This hotel is very affordable, and just amazing. I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone visiting Athens.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a Thissio view, it's worth it. Nice and sunny, and the top floor is incredibl...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank celi792
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend for 4 nights, simply amazing, clean and modern. Not to far from anything, service was incredible never met so nice and friendly staff. Breakfast buffet was brilliant from fresh fruit to bread and cooked foods lots of choice. On our stay we went to the hotel restaurant for valentines day and it was amazing. The waitress was so helpful and kind and the food was simply incredible for the price. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chloeeeok
Lydney, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

You might think this hotel is a long way from the center of Athens but don't let that put you off.
Its a short walk from the metro station and easy to get to from the airport.

The Staff were brilliantly friendly without crossing the line into fawning. From the moment we arrived tired and wet from our travels reception helped us to settle in and get our bearings.

A lovely touch was the welcome plate of delicacies with fresh Greek specialties and very potent Tsipouro.

the room was clean, fresh and well organised ( we resisted the minibar as in every hotel)
Breakfast was delicious and ranged from Greek yogurt to egg and bacon.Our waitress was excellent and nothing was too much trouble.From the restaurant you have a ring side seat on the street theater that is athens.

The location was superb as it was about five minutes slow stroll to the ancient agora, and from there it is up hill to the Acropolis.

I usually try and find something to say wasn't quite up to standard to appear unbiased but I think criticizing the Greek music played in the restaurant would be stupid, we were in Greece after all.

The big question is would I go again,Absolutely, and i know which room I want but i am not telling you.

Room Tip: I would go as high as possible in the building as its a city center, plus the veiws get much better
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Chris F
Corfu
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Very nice hotel, modern and the persons working there are very polite. The hotel is situated in a very central location which makes it easy to walk to/from places of interest. Definately worths visiting it.

Room Tip: ask for a view
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business