O&B Athens Boutique Hotel
US$182
US$167
Elvoline
2,047 results
All reviewsflea marketthissio metro stationwelcome drinkside streetbreakfast boxwithin walking distancethe hotel staffjunior suitegreat showerour honeymoonancient agoranever felt unsafesmall hotelstandard roomloved this hotelbreakfast was deliciouswonderful hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My girlfriend and I spent one night in Athens as a stopover and we were completely blown away with the O&B Hotel!!
The location was perfect and the staff were very helpful and friendly.
We were going to miss the breakfast included in our booking due to an early morning ferry, however the hotel provided us with a complimentary breakfast bag to take with us! Amazing service!
It is only a 3 minute walk to shops and restaurants and a 15 minute walk to the Acropolis. So you can see all the sights in a day.
I would recommend this place to anyone who is doing a quick & short trip to Athens.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tim H
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Not much you could fault with this hotel. Great service, value, breakfast, cleanliness and location.

The rooms were small but very clean and well presented. The balcony was HUGE!

Lots of cool restaurants and bars in the area, and about 200m from the main shopping area. Also only about 10-15min walk to the Acropolis.

One thing I would mention is that the main photo looks like they have a rooftop but that is not true. I assume this view is from one of the hotel balconies.

Room Tip: Room 11 on level 3 had a huge balcony and view of the Acropolis
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Lovely, clean, modern, stylish. Excellent welcome and service. Little tray of nibbles delivered to room upon arrival. Great food at bar and fantastic breakfast. It was my birthday when we stayed and they presented me with a cake at breakfast - a lovely detail and nice surprise. In a bit of a run down street but no more than 10 minutes walk to all major tourist sites. They organised taxis for our arrival and departure. All really easy and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Inka14
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while in Athens and it was great. The staff was very attentive and friendly, the rooms and common areas were very clean, and the breakfast was very good. We ordered room service one night and the food was great, well worth it. My only complaint would be the beds, they are very, very stiff and I found it difficult to sleep on them as a result.

1  Thank dmbangel710
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Disclosure: I don't speak Greek but I'm pretty sure the title means something good! :) That said, I can't find anything really negative about this hotel. You get what you pay for and then some: good price (about $175/night USD including taxes), excellent location (you can, literally, see the Acropolis from the place), great staff (friendly but not in a fake way, attentive and helpful), and clean. We had some delays getting into Athens out of Rome and didn't arrive until about 1 a.m. after getting ripped off by a taxi driver (jerk took us for 50 euros; on the reverse trip back to the airport several days later, we paid 38 euros; more on that later). The guy at the front desk was super polite and gave us the two-minute schpeal on breakfast, wi-fi, etc (both included, by the way, although I'm not sure that's always the case for breakfast). The rooms are clean and surprisingly quite at least to outside traffic even though our room faced the street directly and only one floor up. Location -- you are about a 20-minute walk from the Acropolis although it's all uphill and if it's during August, be prepared for extreme heat! All in all, super fabulous location, lots of restaurants and cafes/bars hidden in cute nooks and crannies of the narrow and winding streets. Check out Lithos Restaurant (I'll review that separately), about a five-minute walk from the hotel. The reasons we didn't give this an "Excellent" review: TV didn't work, bathroom shower drain didn't all that well (I hate standing in dirty shower water) and the room is pretty small. While these aren't deal breakers, just a few things to consider and who is staying inside their hotel room watching TV anyway, right?! :)

As an aside, if you are looking for a reliable taxi, I think we found one. His name is Nikos, young Greek guy but super nice, English is really good, seems trustworthy and just super hardworking. He and his dad have the taxi business but they also do private trips outside of Athens, which I bet are reasonable. His number is +30-697-180-2653. I normally wouldn't do this but the guy was really nice and I know how irritated we were to get fleeced by the first taxi driver especially at 1:00 a.m. after having traveled all day!

5  Thank DCMurphy