“charming rooms, great service and location”

O&B Athens Boutique Hotel
Ranked #5 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 11 January 2009

We had seen good comments about O & B hotel We arrived with a 3 days reservation. We stayed 5 days and we would have loved to stay even more.We decided not to hire a car this trip and, at my request, the hotel arranged for a transfer to meet us at the airport. On arrival at the hotel, our bags were taken to the room whilst we were given much useful information about the local sights, transport arrangements, etc. During our stay, any arrangements we wanted made with regard to excursions,transportation, restaurants were handled flawlessly by the hotel.We spent a brilliant time at the O & B . A very comfortable little hotel with charming rooms, great service and excellent breakfast with so much choice and all of it delicious.All the staff is so friendly and helpful in each situation.Needless to say that we would stay here again and would recommend it highly to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank lolaprimea
There are newer reviews for O&B Athens Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 12 December 2008

I used recommendations from Trip Advisor to select this hotel and boy, was I glad I did. It really is a litle gem, tucked away on the edge of Psirri, only a few minutes walk from the Thissio metro station.

My room was on the first floor at the front. It was a bit noisy at times but the real downside was that it is such a narrow and busy street that you couldn't raise the blinds without sacrificing your privacy; not a big issue in November when you're out all day and it's dark when you come back, but might have been annoying in summer. That said, the room was both stylish and comfortable - not always a compatible combination but they have really paid attention to detail and it shows. Lovely, really comfortable bed, fantastic bathroom with a huge walk-in shower and Molton Brown products. The DVD player is a nice touch - you can borrow free DVDs from reception and they have quite a reasonable range at least for a short stay. I believe that some rooms are much smaller - didn't see for myself but based on info from fellow travellers, so if this is an issue you might want to consider checking first before you book.

The breakfast/dining area is small, as befits a boutique hotel but perfectly formed with the most charming waitress. The breakfast was one of the better ones I've been offered in Athens - not a strong competition I'll admit but there was a good range of choice and the quality and freshness can't be faulted. I didn't have dinner there, though I did try room service which arrived as promised - not a given, in my experience and was perfectly acceptable though not exceptional.

The staff were all, without exception, charming and helpful. I had a problem with my in-room safe, which was sorted out by the receptionist without delay. The only disadvantage with such a small place is that if they are busy on reception you might have short wait for attention as there is only one person on duty at night but this is really a small price to pay.

Really loved this place and hope to go back again - much my favourite hotel in Athens.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo
3  Thank Greekophile13
Reviewed 9 December 2008

I am currently staying at this hotel, and have been awake since 6am because of the noise from the street level.
This hotel is a boutique hotel with 11 rooms, very nice staff (if you can find them) and some reasonable spaced rooms.
I am currently in room 4 on the first floor and would recommend that you avoid this room and any other room with a window at the front. There are coffeeshops and greek offices less than 5 meters from my bed and the locals visiting those are more than noisy. Not fun.
From my colleague I hear that the rooms with windows at the back have a view on a dirty courtyard, so dont come here for rooms with a view, I guess.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
3  Thank kaask0p
Pikioni, General Manager at O&B Athens Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2008

First of all we would like to thank you for staying with us and to tell you that we were so sorry to see your negative review posted on Tripadvisor.

As we had upgraded you to our Spacious Superior Room due to the fact that your reservation had been made directly through our site we felt really sorry for not being able to sleep and therefore we offered such a discount on your final bill.

Although the hotel is located in one of the liveliest areas around the city center, during the last days and due to the riots which took place around the Greek Parliament, you could hardly find people walking on the streets next to the hotel day and night.

Also we were surprised as well to find out that there are coffee shops less than 5 meters from the hotel when we are the only one having a small restaurant situated at the back of the hotel and some antique shops at the opposite side of the road.

Furthermore, we would like to clarify that on the “back” side of the hotel there are two different room types. On the 1st floor of the hotel, where your colleague was staying, there are Standard rooms with no view because of the low level (view to other buildings and not any dirty courtyard), while on the 2nd & 3rd floor there are the Deluxe rooms with view to the Athens Observatory and Thissio area.

We hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and hoping to see you again in our premises.

Alexandra Rokou-Pikioni

Reviewed 26 November 2008

We spent two nights in the hotel after a cruise. The hotel staff were very helpful and the accommodation was exactly as advertised.
The location could not be better to explore Athens; close to the major sights and the Plaka.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HawkeyeKent
Reviewed 18 November 2008

Arriving in a taxi at the O&B was interesting...very different neighborhood. Fascinating - and this comes from a very snobby European traveler! Loved the little warren of streets, the mix of old-fashioned shops with new and beautiful stores, the Sunday flea market, the varied restaurants all in a row and the proximity of the subway. Hotel staff is the best ever and every food item was delicious. Welcomes are comforting and generous. Glorious bathroom.

I would return to Athens just to stay at the O&B. My kind of hotel - a sea-change from my former love of large anonymous hotels.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank mjhFairfax_VA
Reviewed 5 November 2008

I stayed in O&B for 3 days during a business trip to Athens in October. It was recommended by a friend and I must say that it was an excellent choice. The location is perfect right in Athens city center. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the food served in the restaurant has exceeded my expectations. The rooms are very clean and the atmosphere / decoration amazing. I would like to go back to Athens with my girlfriend for tourism and will definitely choose this little hotel again!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
3  Thank Denis-Scotland
Reviewed 2 November 2008

We stayed three nightsat the end of october 2008. Great welcome, with sweet white wine and pie, great staff telling us how delicious would be breakfast on the terrace we chose, paying the double of the standard rate. On the first morning, on saturday, we were awoken at 9 AM by a costant drilling, a devastating noise coming only a few inches from our bed. We complained at the desk for this constant noise caused by their work for enlarging the place - also on saturday !!! - and they were sorry about it. Sunday was fine but on monday we started with some noise, some strikes of hammer at 7:30, and we ended with a constant drilling after 9. This time I was really angry. I asked to see the manager, they told me she would be there around noon but at three the manager was not in sight. I paid the whole price for something I could not enjoy. The day after I received a mail from the manager, where she excused
herself and invited me to fill out a form in order to express my
opinions about our stay in the hotel, and this is what I am doing
by writing this review on Trip Advisor, hoping that no one else
will be cheated the way I was.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple