“the very best customer service!”

O&B Athens Boutique Hotel
Ranked #4 of 325 Hotels in Athens
colorado
“the very best customer service!”
Reviewed 11 April 2009

we very much enjoyed our stay at o&b. the customer service was more than we could have asked for-from the front desk to the staff in the restaurant, everyone was helpful and friendly. the guide the hotel recommended was useful in learning more on the acropolis. there was construction going on around the hotel, so slight noise-but we easily slept through it and would highly recommend this hotel to all our friends. truly their customer service cannot be beat.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank johnnyandpaige

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
pittsburgh
Reviewed 6 April 2009

I stayed at the O&B for a week while I was in Athens for a conference.

This small hotel lives up to its "boutique" advertisement. There are only 10 rooms, so the guests can be sure that they'd receive personalized attention.

O&B is centrally located in the Psiri district, which has a lively nightlife scene. The area is reasonably safe (especially for a large city) that you can find women comfortably walking around town even after midnight. Although there is a lot of partying going on, the hotel itself is well insulated from the noise. I've not had any problems sleeping even though my room is on the first floor.

My room rate included a full breakfast, which was generously portioned that I usually skipped lunch, and wireless (the speed can be a little slow, but it works). I had dinners in the hotel a couple of times, and the food was surprisingly good.

The room was well appointed in a modern minimalist way. I especially enjoyed the rain shower in the sybaritic bathroom.

The most helpful aspect of the hotel was the people. Everyone on the O&B Team, as they call themselves, was friendly and super helpful. This was especially evident when I twisted my ankle while sight seeing. The staff brought me buckets of ice at regular intervals to keep the swelling down; they supplied me with muscle pain relieving cream, and offered to get other medicine for me if necessary.

Overall, I very much enjoyed my stay at the O&B and would not hesitate to recommend it to other travelers.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
5 Thank pearl492
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 March 2009

My husband and I stayed here for several nights during our honeymoon. The hotel is gorgeous and the rooms were beautiful. We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The hotel is in a great neighborhood (don't let the graffiti deter you if it is your first visit to Greece) and is a short walk from the Plaka, Ancient Agora, Acropolis, etc. If you have the Lonely Planet guide and want to do the walking tour, it starts just a few blocks down the street from the hotel. The high speed internet service worked great.

One of the best things about the hotel was the staff. They were incredibly helpful and extremely nice. And, if you are like us and don't speak Greek, their staff is multilingual. We would recommend, though, that you contact the hotel before you arrive to get suggestions on how to get to the hotel from the airport -- we had trouble getting taxis to take us to the right place and the metro was under construction when we visited.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bcbray
Kuwait
Reviewed 4 March 2009

We decided to stay at this Hotel because of the positive reviews we read. It was even better then expected. The correspondence before even arriving to Athens was helpful, and once there the service we received was impeccable. It started when to cab didn't speak good english. We called the hotel and they made sure we got there. At check in we met to front desk person who made sure to give me any information I needed to make sure we have the perfect trip. She took the time to explain the map, where to go what to do, When.. Everything. The Rooms were amazing, Clean, stylish and the view from our balcony was pretty nice. Breakfast and room service were wonderful as well.
I cannot say anything bad about this hotel! And you should all stay there.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sita123
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 23 February 2009

My husband and I are currently on a one year consulting engagement in Germany so every other weekend we travel to a European City. Trip Advisor and Frommers are used as guidelines for our selection and we have not been disappointed.
O & B is delightful, yet sophisticated with its clean modern lines. The rooms although a bit on the smaller side are comfortable and have state of the art furnishings and accessories......also wireless internet I might add..........The shower is to die for.............
The breakfast was excellent and service not only in the restaurant but throughout was flawless. All our needs were met from the transportation to the hotel to our personal tour guide.
Sophisticated, personal, relaxing, modern.................an excellent find.................

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
7 Thank DMMGTM
Blanco
Reviewed 11 January 2009

We had seen good comments about O & B hotel We arrived with a 3 days reservation. We stayed 5 days and we would have loved to stay even more.We decided not to hire a car this trip and, at my request, the hotel arranged for a transfer to meet us at the airport. On arrival at the hotel, our bags were taken to the room whilst we were given much useful information about the local sights, transport arrangements, etc. During our stay, any arrangements we wanted made with regard to excursions,transportation, restaurants were handled flawlessly by the hotel.We spent a brilliant time at the O & B . A very comfortable little hotel with charming rooms, great service and excellent breakfast with so much choice and all of it delicious.All the staff is so friendly and helpful in each situation.Needless to say that we would stay here again and would recommend it highly to anyone.

• Liked — staff,location,
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank lolaprimea
West Midlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2008

I used recommendations from Trip Advisor to select this hotel and boy, was I glad I did. It really is a litle gem, tucked away on the edge of Psirri, only a few minutes walk from the Thissio metro station.

My room was on the first floor at the front. It was a bit noisy at times but the real downside was that it is such a narrow and busy street that you couldn't raise the blinds without sacrificing your privacy; not a big issue in November when you're out all day and it's dark when you come back, but might have been annoying in summer. That said, the room was both stylish and comfortable - not always a compatible combination but they have really paid attention to detail and it shows. Lovely, really comfortable bed, fantastic bathroom with a huge walk-in shower and Molton Brown products. The DVD player is a nice touch - you can borrow free DVDs from reception and they have quite a reasonable range at least for a short stay. I believe that some rooms are much smaller - didn't see for myself but based on info from fellow travellers, so if this is an issue you might want to consider checking first before you book.

The breakfast/dining area is small, as befits a boutique hotel but perfectly formed with the most charming waitress. The breakfast was one of the better ones I've been offered in Athens - not a strong competition I'll admit but there was a good range of choice and the quality and freshness can't be faulted. I didn't have dinner there, though I did try room service which arrived as promised - not a given, in my experience and was perfectly acceptable though not exceptional.

The staff were all, without exception, charming and helpful. I had a problem with my in-room safe, which was sorted out by the receptionist without delay. The only disadvantage with such a small place is that if they are busy on reception you might have short wait for attention as there is only one person on duty at night but this is really a small price to pay.

Really loved this place and hope to go back again - much my favourite hotel in Athens.

• Liked — The balance between style and comfort
  • Disliked — Busy noisy street
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled solo