I've read elsewhere on Trip Advisor that location is everything when choosing your hotel in Athens. This one is minutes from Thissio metro station - although we hardly used transport as many of the sights and plenty of bars and restaurants are close by. What surprised us though was the state of the street that the hotel was on, narrow and dirty, the pavement was full of holes and very uneven. We had to walk right up to the building so convinced were we that we were in the wrong street.
Once inside though, the hotel is very nice and the staff young and enthusiatic.
The hotel has recently opened another 10 or 11 rooms having taken over the building next door. We had one of these on the first floor facing the road. The double glazing was impressive although there was more street noise on the Friday night. The bed was large and comfortable and we liked the walk in shower and the Molton Brown toiletries. We did have a full length mirror next to electricity sockets and a large wardrobe. We had free wifi access and the tv had a number of english speaking news channels. The air con was broken on the day that we arrived although fixed quite quickly - we were only told it was broken though after I phoned reception to ask how it worked. If you like cake for breakfast this is your sort of place! The eggs and bacon seemed to take an awful long time to arrive - don't know how well they will cope when the restaurant is busier.
Finally - and this is absolutely nothing to do with the O&B - I was distressed by the german shepherd dog that was tied to a shop frontage opposite the hotel almost constantly. He was probably the source of much of the barking mentioned by the previous reviewer. I'm a huge animal lover and the sight of this poor dog has unfortunately tainted the way that I feel about this holiday. Again I must stress that the hotel is not responsible for this. On a lighter note, the stray dogs in Athens look incredibly well fed and happy, snoozing in the sun. The people that care for them should be congratulated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- O&B is a cozy Boutique Hotel, in the centre of Athens, next to the main sights of the city and just one minute walking from Thisio Metro Station and Monastiraki area. With its Acropolis Suites featuring private terraces with view of the Parthenon, its elegant rooms and its trendy Bar Restaurant, O&B Athens Boutique Hotel provokes you to experience the new meaning of hospitality and care, giving a new flavor and meaning to the urban lifestyle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your O&B Athens Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- o And b Athens Boutique Hotel
- o b Athens Boutique Hotel