My partner and I traveled to Athens and booked the O&B based on reviews on Tripadvisor and other sites. We had a fantastic stay and we'd certainly stay there again on a future trip. We too were a little concerned about the location and street pictures. We thought we'd be a little farther away from the Plaka than we wanted. But as it turns out the hotel is in a terrific location. We were actually quite pleased that we didn't stay right in the heart of the Plaka as it's farther from some of the other terrific areas. The hotel is very close to all the tourist sites, but also very close to some other really nice areas - Gazi is superb for restaurants and clubs (actually we dumbfounded at the food and nightlife on Saturday night - incredibly vibrant), Psiri is also right close by and has edgier clubs and restaurants. The street the hotel is on was of concern at first- it isn't particularly pretty, but it's completely fine and literally less than 2 blocks to the start of great restaurants and bars. The street is not scary at all and we found ourselves walking all over the city/to-from the hotel late into the night without any concern. The hotel is also several blocks from the train station and very close to the metro station. We were quite pleased with the location and the street.
Now regarding the staff - I can't say enough great things about them. Superb! They were incredibly helpful and warm. Although it doesn't happen often, as a gay couple we are always a bit ready to encounter a tad bit of chilly reception. Not so with their staff. They welcomed us warmly. They took time during check-in to point out all the tourist areas on the map, told us where the great restaurants are, and generally really made the stay terrific.
We booked the Junior Suite - which I highly recommend if you can splurge a bit. Yes the hotel is a tad pricey, but if you can swing it, it will really make your stay even better. I can imagine that the regular rooms might be a tad small, as the hotel is very modern and boutique. But our Junior Suite was a very nice size and the terrace in the room we were given was HUGE - almost as large as the room. Bathroom facilities were great. The rooms and amenities are very contemporary and modern, and very comfortable. Air conditioning was great too. ! I don't know if we were upgraded as a courtesy, but to our delight the terrace had a great view to the Acropolis. We couldn't have been happier. We ate breakfasts and had drinks on the terrace often. I made the reservations at the hotel web-site, which offered some extras that Expedia and other travel sites didn't have. I emailed the hotel asking for the best room/terrace we could get (it doesn't hurt to ask), and we certainly felt like we got it.
We have traveled Europe extensively and stayed in all types of hotels. We are wary of the 4 and 5 stars listed on hotel web-sites and often wonder who comes up with the ratings. But the O&B was one of the tops on our lists. We thought the hotel was a 4.5 or 5 stars. It's a terrific boutique hotel and we had a wonderful stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- O&B is a cozy Boutique Hotel, in the centre of Athens, next to the main sights of the city and just one minute walking from Thisio Metro Station and Monastiraki area. With its Acropolis Suites featuring private terraces with view of the Parthenon, its elegant rooms and its trendy Bar Restaurant, O&B Athens Boutique Hotel provokes you to experience the new meaning of hospitality and care, giving a new flavor and meaning to the urban lifestyle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Bookgreece.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your O&B Athens Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- o And b Athens Boutique Hotel
- o b Athens Boutique Hotel