“Very pleasant stay”
Review of Pan Hotel

Ranked #60 of 281 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My 13 year old son and I had a very nice stay in this hotel while we were in Athens in July 2013. We were very warmly welcomed by Kostas at reception and he could not have been more helpful in offering maps and making suggestions for great sightseeing around Athens. The other receptionists were equally friendly and helpful, making us feel at home and safe during our stay. It's not the fanciest hotel you could stay in. If you are planning to stay in your room during your stay in Athens maybe you should upgrade. If you need somewhere that's good value and centrally located and clean and safe, then I would recommend this hotel. The breakfast buffet was fresh and varied too. Thank you Kostas and everyone at the hotel for your hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Ioanna P, Director of Sales at Pan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear Maureen W,

Thank for your preference in our hotel during your stay in Athens and for taking the time to leave your review in TripAdvisor. We do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in the near future in Pan Hotel.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and we had an enjoyable stay. Room was clean, service and staff were good. We love the location. Right by Syntagma Square, close to everything. Very convenient. We like the fact that from the hotel we can take the X95 express right to the airport.
We would highly recommend this hotel in Athens.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear ice11567,

Thank you for your kind comments made on Trip Advisor. It is a real pleasure to receive such a feedback from our guests and we will be more than happy to welcome you again in Pan Hotel.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We thought the location was great! only a few minutes walk to the Acropolis.
A few good restaurants around.
The staff was amazing, very helpful.
We had the sriktes going at the time, so there were heaps of Police around.
The breakfast wasnt that good.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Katie G
Ioanna P, Director of Sales at Pan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear Katie G,

Thank you for leaving your kind comments regarding our hotel!
We value the most our guests' opinions therefore we would happily receive your suggestions regarding the breakfast, in my email address pansales@panhotel.gr.
We will be happy to welcome you in our hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Pan Hotel is highly recommended. I've stayed there for 2 nights for my first time. It was the only hotel to the range of its category that provided us with gluten free bread and rice milk. Not to mention the perfect location. For sure i will stay there again. The only negative was that it was i bit more expensive than the other similar hotels, but it was the only one that provided us with the special diet breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FOXYS P
Ioanna P, Director of Sales at Pan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Dear FOXYS P,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Athens. We always do our best to meet our guests' needs wherever possible therefor we provided you with the special breakfast with great pleasure. We will be more than happy to welcome you again in the near future in our property.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

If you're looking for somewhere to stay in the heart of the city then look no further. Pan Hotel is a smart, comfortable hotel just a minutes walk away from Sytagama Square. The staff are very friendly and speak good english. There's free wifi and reception is open 24 hour which is good if you're on a late flight like we were. Our room was a very spacious twin room, which wasn't a problem as we jsut pushed the beds together. The only faults I could find with the hotel are niggly, such as the top of our balcony table not being attached properly and that the breakfast is not very varied but these should not put you off. I would absolutely stay here again.

Also, the free aircon was fabulous and much needed!

Room Tip: If you can, choose one of the rooms on the 8th floor as it should gives you decent views of the city...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Lawsbloke,

It was a real pleasure to have you as a guest in our hotel during your stay in Athens and also to take the time to leave your good reviews. On behalf of the management and staff of Pan Hotel a great thank you and we will all be more than happy to have the pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

Mediterra Tours booked me this hotel so I looked at other reviews to see what I was getting into.
I was pleasantly surprised. Even though some of the other reviews were correct, such as ones that said the rooms were small, the rooms were clean and great for one person. May be a little cramped with 2 people. I LOVED the staff and the location. I arrived at the hotel and after 5 minutes to change my clothes was off to the Acropolis. It was close enough to walk to that and other sites such as the Temple of Zeus and in a nice part of town. The food near the hotel was good. I recommend a restaurant directly across the street which was open at 12:45 am so I could have dinner after arriving there on my return trip from Santorini. There are other restaurants within walking distance as well. The breakfast at the hotel was pretty good...no hardcore meat or eggs, but great croissants and good coffee and more (finally--the coffee on Santorini left a LOT to be desired. I was very happy that I brought some of my own coffee on my trip--I should have brought more.)

Room Tip: The 2 rooms I stayed in had no view, but i was just there to sleep so I didn't care. Check the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Ioanna P, Director of Sales at Pan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Dear TeachDancePlay,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your stay in Athens and for taking the time to share your comments. Regarding the breakfast, the reason for which we do not provide hardcore meat or eggs is simply due to the fact that there is no kitchen in our hotel.
We do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel in the near future.

Ioanna Panagiotopoulou

Reviewed 16 May 2013

I stayed in Athens last September, and the travel agency made a reservation for this hotel.
It's a really small, quaint hotel for travelers on budget, I should say.
The staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful, so I was really satisfied.
However, the room (or rooms, since they changed the room during my stay) were very small and dim. Bathroom was really small, and I had no view from my window, so I felt slightly claustrophobic.
It was still nice. Just lower your expectations if you decide to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo