“Not fancy but friendly and very convenient for getting around Athens”
Review of Omiros Hotel

Omiros Hotel
Ranked #111 of 326 Hotels in Athens
London, United Kingdom
“Not fancy but friendly and very convenient for getting around Athens”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Great location in Athens, 5-10min walk from Syntagma square metro station ie easy commute from the airport. Definitely not fancy, but very convenient and clean. Very central for visiting Athens, shops etc. The Acropolis can be seen within 5-10 mins walk further into Plaka. Breakfast (I thought) was basic but was included with room eg no fresh fruit or tomatoes/cucumbers. Very friendly and helpful staff working in reception who all spoke excellent English and didn't mind teaching me some Greek at times! Seemed very well informed when asked about somewhere I wished to visit. I felt very safe staying there (solo female traveller) and would definitely stay there again next time I am in Athens. The main road that the hotel is on is pretty quiet at night but I must add I didn't stay there over a wend. I did though stay there x 2 ie mid June and beginning of July and was very happy with my choice of hotel. On my second stay I ended up with a much nicer and bigger room on the 1st floor. Luggage could be stored there after checking out, and it was kept in a locked rom within sight of the reception. There was a drinks and snack vending machine in reception which was very handy as on my first stay there I arrived around midnight. All the rooms have air con and a fridge. I thought the price I paid was pretty good value for money!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bobomuse

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 5 August 2014

From the price and what we expected, we got what we wanted. A decent, clean hotel in a great location in Athens. Well within walking distance to many attractions, and close to 2 metro stations.

Basic room, with 2 single beds put together for a double bed. Good space in the room, quite big. Bathroom small, but managable. There is aircon and small fridge which is handy, and also a small balcony.

The breakfast is very basic.

I would recommend staying here, especially for the convenience of location and price. Staff was also very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MatsKj
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We got this hotel for a friday night in the summer at ~80eur so you could probably say thats ok value for money. The room itself is really quite basic though, and the bath/shower was super old-school by western standards, being a 60cm long bath trough that you sit in to wash yourself.

AC worked well and was close to Syntagma Square and other nice attractions. Wifi did work in the rooms

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CCoombs

Travellers are raving about these Athens hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Quiet hotel in plaka region. Short walk from town centre and metro. Ideal spot to commute to all historical attractions. Good view of acropolis and Parthenon from rooftop garden area. Reception staff very friendly and helpful. Good choice of restaurants and shops nearby. Supplied breakfast very basic.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have stayed at Omyros hotel at January with my husband and my two kids. We chose this hotel because of its location it’s situated between Syntagma Square and Montisiraki . It takes only 10 minutes walk and you are in the centre of Monastiraki for shopping or to find a good tavern.

The hotel was very cleaned and quiet, it provides free wifi entrance. The room was comfortable and the breakfast was very good. The reception was very helpful. We actually had a nice stay and of course we will come back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank goodmorninggr
Johor, Malaysia
Reviewed 13 June 2014

It is only less than 100euro for a triple room. It was a great bargain! I highly recommend travelers to stay here if they are planning to Athens. Take the X95 bus from the airport and get down at the last stop. Walk from the end of the bus and turn left when you see Pan Hotel on the left and turn right at the first junction. Omiros Hotel is on your left. Room is clean and spacious with a balcony. So does the bathroom and it does not soaked after we showered. Free wifi and breakfast is available. The hotel staff is very friendly and nice. The uncle was so helpful and gave us advice on where to go and how to go. No need to take the metro. All the famous historical places are within a short walking distance. There is a mini bar at the lobby with a very reasonable price. Beside the hotel is an Asian restaurant which is very convenient for us. There are also Japanese and Korean restaurants nearby. Just turn left when you come out from the hotel and go straight. You will reach Plaka, the old shopping street and further down is the Temple of the Olympian Zeus. Turn right is the the way up to the Acropolis and Acropolis Museum and turn left is the way to the Panathenaic Stadium. Perfect location, perfect room and perfect staff! We couldnt ask for more!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank NgeePei Q
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We were looking for a clean, convenient hotel so we could see the sights and have easy access to the airport as we were only in Athens for about 18 hours before we headed to the Islands. Omiros was perfect! A 3 minute walk from the Syntagma station (40 min to/from the airport by train) and easy access to yummy restaurants in the Plaka/Old Town area and the Acropolis. We were pleasantly surprised to have a spacious room that had a balcony, too! The street was very quiet at night, which was nice since we were so close to the train station, and the continental breakfast was included so we could eat early before our flight the next day. Only issue was the shower was TINY and the curtain didn't help contain the water at all so the entire bathroom was soaked after we showered. But as we only paid 75 euro, it far surpassed what I was expecting. Definitely recommend for short stays looking for an ideal location for sightseeing!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony! I was lovely to sleep with the door open on the cool evenings...