San Remo Hostel
US$165
US$356
US$230
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2011

The worst place in which i had the bad luck to stay in my whole life.
A dark room without windows, cockroaches in the bathroom and on the floor close to the bed. The shower was actually a hole in the floor without the slope and consequently water poured all over the bathroom!
Staff doesn't speak anything but - i think - Urdu and some words of English. Not enough.

Neighboorhood is dangerous, dirty, ugly and in an unhappy position. You'll have to take the metro.

Avoid! You'd better choose to sleep in the airport floor.
It would doubtless be cleaner.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank De_Reiziger_it
Reviewed 21 July 2011

July 2011 - When we arrived here at first and were greeted heartily by Maria. We were given a bed, but due to some more unannounced guests (as were we) we decided to move to the roof instead so the others could have the bed. We were soon joined by two Dutch guys and 7 (!) German girls, and the atmosphere was great. Staff is overall great. When we unexpectedly came back after checking out earlier that day and needed to stay another night, we were treated as old friends. When we, again unannounced, no reservations made, came back one week later, they made us some food and offered us to rest for the day, even when there were no beds for the night.

We've only slept on the roof which is tricky because of some cockroaches and the sun that'll roast you if you don't watch out where you're gonna lie down. At the same time, it's all we could wish for and needed. There's cheap drinks available inside and it's within walking distance from great, just as hospitable Greek bakeries and other shops. 2-3 Minute walk to the central train/metro station. Recommended!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank ArjunSP
Reviewed 5 November 2010

I have stayed here a couple of times and there have been many improvements to this hostel.... The hostel is close to the Metro and to Larissa station. Compared to other Hostels in Athens this one is EASY to find... There are local farmers markets on Saturdays and Wednesday's and this hostel has a kitchen.... I will stay here again. Staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 July 2010

The place itself is lovely: the rooms are clean and tidy, there's free internet, bathrooms are a bit small but they're continuously cleaned. the staff is incredibly nice. the kitchen is ok, a bit rustic but they were doing renovations when I left. It's really good value!
BUT the area is dreadful. and not really safe at night (as is most of Athens to be fair). This being said, a bit of common sense is all you need: I managed to spend 10 days there as a solo female traveller, with no problems: as long as you don't go around with a gold necklace or your camera hanging around your neck, you'll be fine !

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Alex_J0nes
Reviewed 7 February 2010

I had booked a room for one night. I was coming with the ferry from the islans and would arrive in Athens very late at night (midnight) so I immediately informed the person, both via mail and via phone that I would be arriving that late. The same morning I called again, just to make sure that they would know and that they wouldn't think I wasn't showing up. They literally said "no problem, we know you're arriving very late!" Well, of course I arrive around 1 in the night and THERE IS NO ROOM.
I we want, they can put us in a sort of STORAGE ROOM for a cheaper price. It was night, I had no idea where to go, all the other hostels around were full booked and we had big luggage so we had to accept. The room was about 1,5 meter x 2 with a small bed, filled with old objects, dirty, disgusting bed linens, NO AIR, just a small window that you couldn't open, no toilet of course. We had to use a disgusting, dirty common toilet.
Don't go there, it's a total total rip off.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple