All reviewsliving roomfull kitchenfridge freezerbig apartmentevangelismos stationshort walk to the metrosafe locationair conditioningcomfortable stayfree breakfastsyntagma squareclean roomscentral athenslocation is greatairportbalconykiosk
Reviewed 22 September 2012

The apartments are very generously sized, and the living room and bedroom are entirely self-contained, which would make them perfect for sharing. But beware of the traffic noise from the very busy street below - it is really bad and I had to spend the night in earplugs. I asked to swap the room for a quieter one but the man at the reception said they were full and that anyway, being on the fourth floor would make it quite peaceful. I got a feeling he simply had other things on his mind to worry about.

Oh and the picture of the hotel they have featuring on tripadvisor is not that of Delice hotel but of nearby Hilton.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank os243
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We used the Delice Apartments as a base for our stay in Athens. The apartment was generously sized, with a apartment sized fridge (not an under counter type) and a 4 burner stove/oven combo. Sometimes you just want to cook something and not go out, and you can do that at the apartment easily. Separate bedroom had two single beds pushed together to forma double, but that is fine with us (in fact preferred) due to one of us tossing and turning more than the other!

You receive an electronic key card that you must put into a slot at the door to power all the electrics (other than fridge) - but lights, a/c etc. Power saving feature, but a bit confusing at first for N. Americans.

Reception was very helpful and their English was easy enough to understand. Breakfast was very good, with a larger than typical European selection. Eggs, meat, cheese, cereals, toasts, breads, some cakes even, and usually fresh squeezed OJ (plus coffee of course). From 7:30 AM off the lobby.

One minor quibble is that wifi is not free. When you ask you can get 5 hours for free, after that is is 5 euros for 5 hours. Note that is 5 hours of actual connect time, not a 5 hr window. So if you compose offline and stay off Facebook etc. it can go pretty far. There is a small, slow PC off the breakfast room for occasional use. If you have teens, you will need to ration their use. Code you receive is only valid for one device at a time, so when one machine logs off you may need to wait up to 5 minutes of inactivity before you can sign on again. On PC's (not smart phones) there is a pop-up with the time remaining on it.

The Delice is located at Evangelismos metro station. Look for the Hilton hotel or ask - the Delice is on the same road but one block further away. No one we asked knew of the Delice but the Hilton is bigger and better known. If you are going to the Acropolis and/or Plaka, then you go one stop to Syntagma, then change lines and go another one or two stops. If the heat isn't too bad you can walk it too.

We used the metro to go to and from the airport - Evangelismos is on the same line (blue) so no transfers. Just note that not all metros go to the airport. But the signs are pretty clear. And there is a special airport fare (8 euros 1st person, declining fare for 2nd, 3rd etc.). ALL tickets must be validated in the machines as you go through the gates.

We enjoyed the Delice and definitely would return.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank ShooterBoy97
Reviewed 9 July 2012

During my first two months in Athens I stayed at Delice Hotel with my husband and two toddlers. The hotel location is great, only 400 meters from Evangelismos metro station,one station away from Syntagma, and also bus stop in the National Gallery. We ca walk to the Kolonaki area, to Benaki Museum, Cyclades museum from the hotel. Across the hotel many cafes, restaurants and minimarkets are available and open during the night. There was even a laundromat where we can wash the clothes by coins in 500 metres walking from the hotel. In Fridays, laiki (fresh market) is situated aout 200 metre from the hotel.

The building itself is a bit old, with a very small elevator, makes it difficult to enter for me, one walking toddler and another toddler in stroller. The stair is rather steep, so I don't recommend my small children walking through it.

I stayed in a room with a view to Lycabettus Hill. It was very nice because I got. The rooms are clean, the kitchenette is completed with all kitchenware we needed for our 2 months stay. The staff is attentive and helpful.
Money wise the hotel is very economic, considering that we have 2 rooms, 1 kitchenette and 2 bathrooms and also rather spacious living room with sofa bed.

Room Tip: Choose the room with the view to Lycabettus hill because the view is amazing
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank irmakartika
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Great Location, that is all I need.
Well, rooms are Okay, it is old and not as nice as the photos they put on their website, but I am satisfied.

My flight was delayed , originally I was planning to take metro, but by the time my flight touched the ground was already passed midnight.

Then I took the X95 from the airport, if you dont speak Greek, please make sure ask the driver to stop at "Evangelismos", it takes about 45-50 min .

Then when you get off the stop, turn around, look back, see the grand building , that is Hilton, Walk to Hilton, then you will see Delice hotel is behind.

Easy, and bus ticket only 5 euro .

If you wanna take Metro, from the airport, take line 3, also get off at "Evangelismos", exit at Sophia something ( or, there are two exits, take the left one, =P) , the same, walk to Hilton.

If you still confused, please look at the map I draw=)

On our way back,we took the metro line 3 to airport, Athens people are very nice, they reminded us to get off at "Doukissis Plakentias", at there we need to change the airport train.

Besides the hotel bathroom are too small, and it takes forever to get the hair dry using their hair dryer,

other than that, everything is good. Breakfast buffet style, simple but a nice start with a Greek full day.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank yauany
Reviewed 10 May 2012

As a family with three children we have stayed at the Delice several times coming from Australia.
Located in a residential area with lots of cafe's and resaurants which open in the evening. Felt very safe walking to and from Kolonaki district where we could wander in for a meal at one of our favourite restaurants. The staff are so helful and friendly when ever we required help especially during a strike they found us alternative methods of transport. Large rooms well airconditioned with balcony and a clean part of athens. Its not the Grand Hyatt but for value and space its great
Stan and Jo Chapley