“The most wonderful little place to stay”
Review of Brazil Hotel

Brazil Hotel
Ranked #108 of 326 Hotels in Athens
Australind, Australia
“The most wonderful little place to stay”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The taxi driver said this is not a very good area to stay. BUT the place is wonderful and the area is fine. The family that runs the hotel are the loveliest people I have met. They made us feel so at home, sitting with us in their courtyard. Making coffee for us and generally treating us like a family member.

The room was comfortable, bathroom nice and clean and good air condition. We were very close to the train station and also the bus. Heaps of cafes close by altogether the best place to stay in Athens. Don't look any further, we will come back here again if ever in Athens. A very big thank you to our hosts.

Room Tip: We had a room with a balcony over looking their court yard, but I'm sure any room would be as co...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Zena K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Lárissa, Larisa, Greece
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Location: just 2min from the nearest metro stop and just 1 min from the nearest central square, with cafeterias and local restaurants.

Room: we stayed with my sister and PET!!!! They allow pets on specific rooms and made our stay as convenient as it gets! In Greece is really hard to find a clean and repsectable hotel that allows pets and not overpay!! Keeara felt at ease and had a really nice stay too! The double bed was more than comfortable and our bathroom was renovated and had jacuzzi installed! Everything was perfect!
*plus everything was spotless clean and marked A at my hygiene standards.

Breakfast: which was included in the price, was made by Mrs Theoni who mixed cypriot and greek cusine and had the best outcome...! What is more you can pick your breakfast and let Mrs Theoni know and you will readily have it!

I recommend it to everyone..! No wonder that people stay there for weeks and even months! GREAT value for money!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Elk Grove, California
Reviewed 7 July 2013

There are two kind of people that I simply can't stomach: People who BRAG how much they spent on something and People like me who do the opposite. If someone brags about how much they spent on something you can a.) Call them a Liar b.) Call them Undeserving or c.) Dismiss their purchase as being 'Filthy Lucre' or 'Blood Money'. But how do you defend yourself against creeps like me? "Nice Phillip Patek watch, Mr. T****---you paid $200K for it? Gee, I have the same watch on and I paid $500.00 for it. Seems the lady down the street caught her husband cheating on her and now she's getting rid of his things before he gets back in town . Wanna do lunch tomorrow? I need to put some miles on this new Bentley I just bought for $10K... See? Even with all his MONEY, I would make Mr. T**** sick with envy because I got something he'd have to pay full price for. Do you see why I have such self loathing? I hate showoffs ESPECiALLY when they brag about how cheap they got away with paying for stuff.

I'm sorry, I feel the need to show off again. I spent F-O-U-R days in a hotel room that was easily 400 Euros ($600 a night) in downtown Athens. Where do I begin? A nice, frosty SOUNDPROOF ROOM in a quiet, crime free neighbor hood in downtown Athens, Grease (Yes, I said GREASE, not Greece--- as these people put greasy French fries on everything). Did I mention the spacious King size bed, the marble floors and the IN ROOM JACUZI?!!! Did I mention that when you put your head down on the pillow, the beveled ceiling has a LED light show that makes you think that you are looking up at the stars? And that the Stars change colours? Did I mention that I had previously stayed in a 400 Euro a night room at a small boutique hotel (it was an free upgrade, how about that) and that that room wasn't as nice as this room? Did I mention that I paid only 60 Euros ($90.00) a night which is only 5 Euros more than the Mosquito infected Flop-house SRO room I was forced to stay the previous night?!!!

Did I mention the location? You are but one block up from the upscale shops on Victoria Square (and the underground rail network) and one street down from the main drag? Screw taking an AirPort taxi!!! Pop 5 Euros for the bus from the airport that goes to Central Athens (Near Hotel Bretaigne), take the train to Ammonia Square (sic) then take the opposite train to Victoria Square and walk one street up (1.5 Euros) and you're there. Did I mention how safe & quiet the street where Hotel Brazil is---street crime is virtually unheard of there due to the area's heave Police Presence. A cheap, quiet, stylish room in the middle of Athens for 60 Euros a night---OK, what's the catch?!!!

Catch #01 FREE STAIR-MASTER machine!!! Kinda-Sorta. OK, so it is a two story hotel and there is no elevator. Hey, I consider this a plus, considering how Grease puts Greasy French fries on everything (even inside Gyro sandwiches?!!!)---since gyms are a luxury item in Grease, here is your chance to burn off some calories!!!

Catch #02 On Filis Street, the Greeks are so kind that they will leave their porch lights on (all thirty of them) to help guide you back to your hotel room!!! Kinda Sorta. OK, so I'm lying---those little white lights are actually faded red lights as you are smack dab in the middle of Grease's lawful Bordello District. So when your man says he needs to get a pack of cigarettes and he'll be back in 15 minutes---get your coat and tell him you're going with him!!! No Big!!!

RECAP: You get to stay in a 400 Euro a night, indoor spa, stylish décor & bar on a street where Muslim women and children stroll and that is centrally located for 60 Euros a night? Do you see why I have such self loathing---I hate being me (Reverse Snobbery). FYI, If you do book with Brazil, walk up to Ruby, the hotel's white Jack Russle Terrier Mascot and scratch his little back near his tail---his little eyes will roll towards the back of his head and you will have a friend in Greece for life. Opa!!!

Room Tip: There are only 6 rooms with the in room Jacuzzi for 60 Euros---they call it the Superior Room upgrad...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Debauchee69
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We stayed in Brazil Hotel in Athens in 2007, and I think, it is good hotel for that price.

We arrived much more earlier, but hotel's receptionist gave us a room in the middle of night. Perfect. After 2 days stay we taste only breakfasts, which were ok, and we enjoyed modern look of room and good state of equipment.
View from the window is not romantic at all :), you can see TV's antennas only, but what you can expect in center of town.
Room was clean, small, but with all you need for few nights. You can hear activities from other rooms, but it was not so disturbing.

I thing, that I can recommend this hotel, if you are young couple and are you visiting Athens.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
scotland
Reviewed 19 November 2012

i was there last summer and we enjoied the stay with our friends and the familly the stuff very helpful they come out of there way to help and the hotel is clean and tidy we had a very nice room with a large bathroom the mini bar was usefull
hope we get chance to visit it again
thaaaanks every 1 for making our holliday the best xx

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank dave b
Toronto
Reviewed 22 October 2009

Hello,
My name is Janina J /Angelica/ I am From Toronto. I stayed in Brazil Hotel 7 nights on July. I was an extremely happy, Very clean . An extremely friendly service. Also such quiet- I felt like at my home- like a family-- very safe. I strongly recommended this lovely hotel. If I go to Athens again- 100% i go there again. Thank you for an excellent service.

I send to everyone who work there my best wishes. sloneczko55@gmail.com
Thank you. Love you.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
south africa
Reviewed 15 April 2009

We found the hotel clean and basic but have to complain about the rude managers - first we were shouted at for talking in the lobby and then I was harrassed about having my friends who stayed the previous night still spent some time in my room the next day - a room for which I have paid. The management should brush up on friendliness and public relations. Unfortunately I cannot advise any one to stay here because of their rude attitude.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends