“Very cheap. Friendly staff”
Review of Hotel Cosmos

Hotel Cosmos
Ranked #115 of 281 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights. there is 3 of us ages 23-28 years old. Cosmos is about 20 minutes walk to the main city centre of Syntagma, which was great because we got the chance to discover local shops and taverns, however if you do not like walking much, then the metro station is literally around the corner, less than a minute walk and costs about 1.7 Euros for an all day trip! the staff here are extremely helpful and friendly, the rooms are clean and spacious and the neighbourhood was relatively quiet. overall, this was a great hotel for the price we paid. we would def come back here :)

Room Tip: we stayed at two different rooms, one in level 3 and the other level 5. both were good. we only paid...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 July 2014

An easy walk from the Metaxourghio metro station, Hotel Cosmos is a great blend of low cost and good value. Located on a tree lined neighborhood away from the touristy sections, the hotel provides a clean comfortable bedroom for weary travelers. Nothing fancy, but nothing cheaper, at least not that I found on my last trip to Athens. A major plus was the easy availability of little markets and stores along the street, good for all food, drink, snack and sundry needs. We enjoyed 2 fabulous taverna dinners for about 10 euros apiece at a nice local place just a 5 minute walk up the street on the corner on the left, next to a church. If I were to come back to Athens still waiting to inherit a fortune from a mysterious rich uncle, I would stay at the Hotel Cosmos again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank James M
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hotel is excellent located nearby the metro. It is no more then 2 minutes walk. The rooms are clean and simple decorated in '70 style. The staff were friendly and helpful. Yet, the neighborhood is quite boring and shabby. If you want to sleep cheap and efficient this is ok!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights and we didn't expect much from this super cheap hotel. But the rooms we're quit ok, the beds were good and the shower as well (besides the broken thing to hang the shower head). The location is good, it's a few stops from the acropolis and if you are in a good mood you can even walk there. There are a few bars/restaurants across the road as well. So it's a very good spot for a short and cheap stay!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Lina D
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel is a 2-minute walk from the Metaxurgio metro stop in a neighbourhood that is not overly touristy. In some places the Cosmos might even be rated as a 3-star. The staff are competent, professional and friendly and the rooms are clean with tile flooring to each wall. As to be expected the rooms are small and the bathrooms a little tight. The TV has very limited options but the WiFi was decent and the AC works. This hotel is what it is; a well-run hotel providing good value for the budget-minded traveler. Just what I like!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Roughly speaking, there are 2 categories of hotel-dweller:

A: mega rich
B: the rest

I'm in the second category, and this can be sub-divided further:

B1: not quite mega-rich, but trying hard
B2: budget
B3: broke

I'm in category B2 so that's the kind of hotel I go for. Now, if the hotel I'm staying in also lives up to the B2 standard, then I'm happy. Furthermore, I'll judge the hotel according to that standard. Unfortunately, some of the other reviewers seem to have judged this hotel while peering through a pair of A-class spectacles. Mistake.

Hotel Cosmos is a great budget option - in the full meaning of the word - in a convenient location. The staff were friendly and helpful. I also liked the fact that the vending machine in the lobby had cold beer for 1 euro.

The only reason I didn't give 5 was the faint yet distinct lingering odour of cigarette smoke in the room.

If you can live with that, book it. 25 euros a night - you don't argue with that!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayd here for one week in June 2014. Although the price range is the same, this hotel in Metaxurgio has better location than the ones in Omonia and it is just one metro stop ahead. The hotel is located just 50 metres to metro.
Pros:daily cleaning, easy access, very good price.
Cons:no shampoo/shower gel, no fridge, no breakfast, there is an AC but they didn't provide the remote. I didn't ask since I didn't need it.

There are a lot of places to see and eat/drink/enjoy in Athens. I only came to the hotel late at nights and left in the mornings, so I did not mind the cons..

Overall, the cost benefit ratio is high. So I could still consider staying here next time..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo