Centrotel Hotel
  • Restaurant
Oscar Hotel(Athens)
  • Breakfast included
1,224 results
All reviewsvictoria squaregreat hotellarissa stationtwo metro stationsgreen linefree wifididn't feel unsafelate at nightper nightlarge roomcentral athenshotel is locatedyogurtvisit athensneighborhoodtaxibalcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed at this incredible Hotel for a night in July 2011 and have recommended it to a few friends who have all stayed with very positive reviews.

After a full day of travel on a ferry and catching the subway from the ferry station we were all absolutely exhausted when we found the hotel (be warned it is a bit out of the way so print off clear instructions if you are catching the subway). Luckily the triple rooms were of five star quality - they were very modern, clean, with comfortable bedding and great bathrooms.

What I loved about this hotel though is the service. The morning we were checking out and flying back home I discovered I had left my passport in Santorini (the accommodation had kept it for our stay and did not return it). I rushed down to reception and in between panic and tears explained the situation to the lady on the front desk. She then proceeded to not only contact our hotel in Santorini to check my passport was there, but she also called up Singapore Airlines for me and allowed me to use the reception phone for thirty minutes whilst discussing my options. Upon leaving the hotel (not knowing whether I would be able to get on the plane or not) she kept reassuring me that if I had to stay in Athens for a few more nights she would arrange a discounted room for me in the hotel and she would organise some tours for me to go on. I was thankfully able to get on the plane but I will always remember her kindness and attempt to calm me down in my panic.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Emily B
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Although this hotel is not in a nice area, it's absolutely beautiful inside. It's quite new, and the facilities are in excellent condition.
The underground parking was convenient, although very tight.
The Internet was unreliable, and we had quite a bit of trouble keeping a connection, but it did work most of the time.
We had a balcony, but the view was not very nice (there's a run-down apartment across the street).
It's in a decent location. It's a bit of a walk to the city centre (through a rough neighbourhood).
One thing I didn't feel comfortable with was leaving my key at the front desk when leaving the hotel. I don't really understand why it's necessary.

1  Thank Taylor V
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Very good hotel in convenient, albeit run-down, area. Only short walk from two metro stations. Modern and well-designed, everything works well, and the hotel is quiet (although it would be quieter if there were no doors on the cupboards). Wifi was slow (unusable) at times but was usually fine.

1  Thank BarnabyTBear
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We arrived here at 3am but had no worries checking in. The staff were friendly and very helpful. Rooms are of a good size, relatively modern and presented very clean and tidy. This is a great place but in a not so good neighbourhood. We had no troubles while we were there though and it is only a €6 taxi ride to the Acropolis.

1  Thank Brucey_Lee
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is a solid choice north of the city center. The hotel is modern, clean and great value. Some people have mentioned being uncomfortable in the surrounding neighborhood, but I didn't have any qualms about walking around, day or night. Desk staff seemed a bit standoffish at times. The metro is a short walk away and there are plenty of cafes and restaurants in the nearby square. They have free wifi. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple