“Recommended”

Ranked #68 of 326 Hotels in Athens
greece
“Recommended”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is clean, in good location, near the metro station, right next to Plateia Mavili (where you can have something to eat or get a drink in the nearby bars), breakfast was good, stuff friendly and it has a nice and warm café on the ground floor where you can enjoy a coffee or something to eat (although I felt meals were a bit pricey). It was good value for money (65€ inc. breakfast for a double room) and definitely recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank rstgr
athinais, Manager at Athinais Hotel, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this nice review. We are happy to know that you found your accommodation comfortable and clean and the staff friendly and help-ful. We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon for another stay.

Athinais Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Excellent service. Room clean and bathroom more than adequate. Breakfast very good value with good choice. Wifi connectivity was faultless. Catering in cafe/restaurant was good - perhaps a few more choices could be made available on the menu? Close to metro (10 mins walk). Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Paul A
athinais, Manager at Athinais Hotel, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful feedback on Tripadvisor, from which we are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and especially mention the cleeness of the room, the good food quality, the strong WiFi and the nice location of Athinais Hotel.

It is our greatest satisfaction when our clientele departs from our hotel with the best impressions and even recommend it to others !

Once again we would like to thank you and do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Clean tidy hotel , room clean , toilet a bit of a challenge but does the job :) security good key card for lift, breakfast very good egg bacon sausage etc & continental as well . Restaurant & brassier very good food & nice bar at nite if you don't want to wander about. 10 min walk to metro follow coulored lines for train to attractions & airport . Also loads of police out & about so felt safe as well. Does what we need . Ps no pool but was aware of this .

Room Tip: Get a room at the back away from traffic . But did not bother us that much .
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Garry S
athinais, Manager at Athinais Hotel, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your nice feedback on tripadvisor from which we are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and especially mentioned the safety of our hotel, the cleanness of the rooms, the good food quality at breakfast and Brasserie as well as the nice location of Athinais Hotel.
Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

United States
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Recommended hotel and at a very decent price with breakfast buffet and free wifi. Very helpful and friendly staff. Close proximity to sites and to see in Athens and food. Highly recommend. Will be back in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
athinais, Manager at Athinais Hotel, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback on tripadvisor and the nice recommendation you made for Athinais Hotel.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you again in the near future.

Athinasi Hotel
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I am writing this review from the hotel actually on tge last of 3 nights in Athens.
Pluses:
free wifi in the rooms!
Clean and reasonably sized rooms
Great friendly staff
Not far from the city center- 10 min walk to the metro station and 2 stops to Syntagma square

It's a upper 3 star hotel. If ur looking for luxury and bigger variety of breakfast, this is not for u.

• Stayed October 2013
athinais, Manager at Athinais Hotel, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on tipadvisor from which we were happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and especially mention the free wireless internet, the clean rooms, the friendly staff and the nice and convenient location of Athinais Hotel hotel.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back next time you come in Athens.

Communication Director
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 26 September 2013

At first I would like to point out that a friend who lives nearby recommended Athinais Hotel to me.
I have stayed at this hotel for 5 days and I wish I could stay more.
I am satisfied from booking time till check-out.
At first my card could not be authorised by the hotel during the booking. I received an email from the hotel about this matter and after calling the hotel and explained them that my card is a VISA electron which cannot be authorised, they accepted that I could pay upon my arrival at check-in.
That made me happy.
Upon my early arrival at 8:30am they told me if I would like to wait until my room is ready or they could arrange another room for me. As I didn't want to wait in the lobby for hours, I accepted to get the other room at the back of the hotel. Unfortunately, that room had a bath and I wanted a shower instead. I returned to the reception and asked if there are any rooms with showers. The gentleman kindly said that I have to wait for some time to prepare another room with a shower. He allowed us to stay in that room during we wait.
An hour later he called me and said we can move to the other room.
WoW the view was excellent and a lot noisy while the window was open ahead of Vasilissis Sofias Avenue. I really loved that noise. As soon as I shut the window there was absolutely no noise as it was sound-proof.
The room has an air conditioner which blows cold air instantly. a flat TV (about 14inches) with HDMI. The great part is that the TV volume cannot go too high so you don't make noise.
Rooms are really tidy and you cannot spot any dust even on the outside. This hotel is really really extremely clean. Each room has a tiny fridge too.
The staff is excellent and they will assist you with everything you need.
Waiters at the bar will bring you anything you like even at your room within seconds.
The hotel is really safe as nobody has access to the elevator except customers and staff. The room doors are unlocked with a magnetic card and this card is used in elevators too. If you do not insert that card in the elevator, the elevator does not work.
The breakfast is awesome, there are plenty of items you can eat and all of them are nicely cooked, fresh and tasty.
The only (sort of) negative I found is that the shower is a bit small. it is square 80x80 cm. there was enough space to make it 80x100cm
Check-out is at 12:00pm and you can ask for availability for a late checkout a day before.
They gladly allowed us to checkout at 15:00.
They even printed my flight boarding passes with a smile.
I highly recommend staying at this hotel.
Definitely, I will stay there again.

Many thanks to Athinais staff for the great time I had there.
Marinos.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MarinosK
athinais, Manager at Athinais Hotel, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear guest,
It is a pleasure that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
For us, the positive comments and suggestions of our clientele are very important to constant improve our services. Our target is always to satisfy all wishes of our customers.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed here for four nights and this was my fourth trip to Athens and was by far the best accommodation. I arrived at 4 am and was checked in quickly and my luggage was taken to my room, I was really grateful as I was shattered. The room was spotless and at the back of the hotel so was peaceful. The room is basic but had everything I needed including a fridge which was very handy. The cleaners did a great job every day and the management should be really happy with the standard of cleanliness.

There is a great brasserie there too which does great quality food for very low prices, yummy! Breakfast is good, lots of choice including fresh fruit.

It's situated between two metro stations and is in a nice area of Athens.

Would I stay here again on my next visit, most definitely!

Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
athinais, Manager at Athinais Hotel, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on TripAdvisor, from which we were very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
We appreciate very much that you especially mention the friendliness of our staff, the high standard of clean less, the good food quality at breakfast, lunch or dinner with our good prices, your accommodation as well as the location of the hotel.
Once again I would like to thank you, as it is always a pleasure to read when guests depart from our hotel with the best impressions and intend to visit us again in the future.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again.