Kimon Athens Hotel
Omiros Hotel(Athens)
Good 3.5/5
Excellent 5/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsno liftsyntagma squarememory foamgreat locationflights of stairsroof garden terracemodest hoteleconomy roomthird floorsingle roomquiet streetspacious balconythree nightsgreek hotelssome great restaurantsmins walk awaycost euros
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 November 2013

In an amazing location next to the parliament and Acropolis. Great neighborhood with everything you have to see in Athens within a walking distance. With anatomic pillows i enjoyed my sleep.Very clean with Eco friendly cleanings.Staff was very kind and helpful. There was sb at the reception 24/7. I felt like home!

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank MissBamba
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Convenient, 5min walk from all the below!
- Syntagma train station, the best station to stay near to since it is like City Hall in most cities which is central and most of the train lines converge.
- several nice cafe spots near some ancient Greek orthodox churches (not popular attractions but still interesting)
- shopping street which has all international brand names like H&M, Zara, all the different greek yoghurt shops you can try from, etc.
- Acropolis - which is great to be near to since it's a big area with lots of walking so you can stop back at the hotel for a quick mid-day rest

Tips:
- Catch view of Acropolis at night from the hotel roof/ breakfast place!
- Get level 1 if you don't want to lug your luggage up or climb stairs daily!
- We asked for a quiet room and got Room 1 - good choice as it's the corner room which was pretty large! No balcony at Room 1 but it's not necessary since it's just view of the opposite building and we don't smoke. Only thing is the wifi at the corner room is pretty bad.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and got Room 1 - good choice as it's the corner room which was pretty large! No balcony at Room 1 but it's not necessary since it's just view of the opposite building and we don't smoke. Only thing is the wifi at the corner room is pretty bad.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maryyeo
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed in Hotel Kimon two years ago and said I’d be back…well, I went back in June :-)
I had booked through the hotel website and requested the room I had the first time. Unfortunately and please note: any comment (in the Comments box) you enter on their website does not come through. They showed me the print out of my message and there was no request visible. I therefore did not get the room I requested and after one night I moved to a room with balcony (number 9), the balcony being the reason for requesting my previous room. Apart from this everything was fine. The location is the best, right in the centre but in a quiet street. Breakfast at 5 euros is a very good deal: fresh orange juice, bread, jam, a boiled egg and coffee or tea at that price is great (fresh orange juice alone will cost 5 euros down the street). The rooms are very clean, staff are friendly; when in Athens you’ll find me here!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank PetraRo
Reviewed 4 September 2013

we stayed here for 1 night on our way back to Auckland, we arrived from the Port and got the metro for 1.60 euros each and walked the rest of the way. This room had the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in in a hotel and it have good linen and a mattress protector. We had the breakfast on the roof terrace and while it was basic for 5 euro's that included a pot of tea and a freshly squeezed juice which was worth more than that. Close to all the action. Check out was at noon and our taxi wasn't picking us up until 4 pm so we had a leisurely lunch out and come back to the hotel and sat on the roof terrace until our taxi arrived. Cost us 40 euro to the airport.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank namel
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Found this place via tripadvisor and was glad we chose it. Although the rooms are quite basic it was clean and the air conditioning worked a charm in 40 plus degree heat. Great location walkable to all landmarks and close to shops/restaurants. Also has a nice view of the Acropolis from the roof terrace. Staff were very friendly and helpful.
Only downfall is the poor Wifi in the rooms but worked better in stair well and rooftop.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple