“Tremendous service by the staff”
Review of Novus City Hotel

Novus City Hotel
Ranked #35 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 17 December 2013

The hotel is very near the Omania Square and it is almost walkable. The hotel has a 24/7 receptionist available to cater to all needs of guests staying in the hotel. The concierge services were also equally good. I enjoyed the roof top bar and pool which was quite scintillating. There was also a complimentary wifi internet connection to enable guests to browse through. I saw a couple enquiring for a babysitting service and the hotel was having that unique service which I never expected them to have. They also offered adventurous trip service and I used it. The car parking had three levels with 60 slots, which is more than enough. Could not write enough to describe my fantastic experience in this hotel during my stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I had chosen this hotel for my stay in Athens after some reviews on tripadvisor and I was very happy with the stay. It offers a great value for money. I stayed in an Executive Room which was very spacious, with a big bathroom with bathtub. The superior rooms are smaller but still very nice decorated. The hotel is renovated less than 3 years ago and offers free parking (a great advantage for the ones that are coming with the car) and free WiFi. The breakfast was very good and the service in the hotel was excelent. They offer all you can need from a city hotel. They have even a small swimming pool on the terrace from where you can have great views to Acropolis.
Is 10 minutes walking from Omonia Square and 3 minutes from a metro station.

Room Tip: If you need extra space or if you are with the kids, book an executive room because is much bigger.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The hotel was nice and renovated recently. The rooms were small, i didnt like that the WC doors are glass and no seperation (even curtains) between shower and WC. We were 3, and the room was small. Service were good and the breakfast was average, but nothing special!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank BishoH
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Returning to Athens after 25 years was an absolute delight. finding so much new and so many memories.
A big part of the great experience is due to the fab hotel we've stayed at. Novus is located perfectly for tourists, with a subway station and even a "hop-on-hop-off" sight seeing bus stop right around the corner. Omonia Square with its lively restaurants is in walking distance.

Welcome and check-in was friendly and efficient, the receptionist spoke very good English (as actually all the staff, including the bell boy, a pleasant surprise!).
The rooms are spacious, funished in a modern style with vibrant colours - some refreshing difference to the usual stuffiness of 4-star hotels. Squeeky clean bathroom, comfy bed (an additional blanket was supplied within minutes when I asked for it), a fridge big enough for my own beverages, safe box, TV with several international channels.
Breakfast is served in a cosy lounge area, the buffet is well stocked with pastries, some warm dishes (I particularly liked the omelette style egg dish) cold cuts, jams, musli, joghurt etc. The coffee was not to my liking, so I usually settled for tea or juice and had a proper Greek coffee or Frappee later during our city tours.
The hotel has a little pool on the roof top, which we didn't use. But we enjoyed the adjacent roof top bar/restaurant, which has a spectacular view: sunset in one direction and the illuminated Akropolis in the other direction - we felt like having booked VIP seats. The selection of food and beverages is nothing extraordinary, but it is fresh and tasty. Some Greek meze or burgers, wine, fresh juices etc. Service could do with a little more efficiency, but was always very friendly.

Novus is a great hotel for a city trip, I would book it again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Saluki_DXB
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I advise all who intend to plan a trip to athens to book this hotel. We stayed here 6 nights. If you come with your car, this is what you are looking for. Hotel is clean, breackfast is excellent, parking is free, wi-fi is free, metro station is 5 ' walk. After a day full of walking, you can enjoy roof bar with view to acropolis. Staff is very helpfull and polite. It's true there isn't a fine neighbourhood, but we never had any problems with that. So go for it, price is also very good. I must say I cancelled a previous novotel reservation and I was very happy I did it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jackickx
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This is a great value hotel in a convenient location for the metro - red line. Rooms are better than I expected for the price(Around 60 euro) with a modern style and loads of drawer space and large comfy bed. Breakfast was good - American buffet style and had loads of choice.Spent 5 nights there and would absolutely consider going back. Loved the roof terrace - view of Acropolis was to die for and reasonable for house wine and cocktails for a city hotel. We went there every night to start our evening.Sunbeds were limited in number is the only con for me. No restaurants I would recommend in the area but we walked to Exharia at night where there are loads of restaurants and bars and not touristy so good prices and quality.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank karenlovestravellin
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The hotel looks new, the rooms are big, the view from the top in the night is nice, during summer, the top of the breakfast room, opens, the natural light gives you a feeling of space. They should improve their breakfast with better quality food. One minus is the fact that during night the light from the lounge was coming in the room because the doors were not good isolated. First we spend 4 night in the hotel, we left for a couple of days for an island and when we returned on our fifth night in the hotel, we received a smoking room. The smell was so bad, that we had trouble sleeping, for us it was to late to change the room but for you it won't.
It's a 7min walk to the historic center, but i advise you to use the main streets, late at night the area seems a bit scary and dirty. After a couple of days in the city you'll understand it only appears like this due to the graffiti and the many foreign citizens.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple