“Couldn't Ask for More”
Review of Hotel Vienna

Hotel Vienna
Ranked #118 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I recently stayed at the Hotel Vienna during a short three day trip to Athens. I had originally chosen the hotel because it was close to the city center, it was very cheap, and the reviews here on Tripadvisor were generally positive. Bottom line upfront, I enjoyed my stay here and would definitely recommend it to someone traveling solo and just wanting to use a hotel as a place to sleep at night.

Here were the things that I liked:
- Extremely cheap...i bought a package hotel/flight deal but my estimation was that the room charge was around 39 Euros a nght.
- Great location for transportation purposes. The hotel is located two blocks from the Omonia metro station making travel around Athens (if you use the subway) a snap. You could be at the base of the Acropolis in around 10-15 minutes tops.
- Really friendly and acquiescing staff. My special thanks to Mr. Mike (Efthimios) who sat down with me for about 15 minutes and gave me a comprehensive rundown of places to eat and how to get to all the major tourist locations via metro or walking. He also gave me a great tip to go see the changing of the guard on Sunday at 1100 on Syntagma Square.
- Rooms were clean and more than adequate for one person. I took some great sunset photos from the balcony.
- As some people have previously mentioned, they have a very liberal early check-in policy. I showed up at around 1100 and they had a room I could settle into right away. In addition, when I didn't like the first room they put me in (smelled like cigarettes), they immediately shifted me to another room that met all of my requirements.

Here was the thing I didn't like:
- Breakfast was only adequate. In essence you get a (one) cup of coffee, bread, a tin of yogurt, and a roll. That's it though I'm not really complaining.

In closing, my thanks to the Hotel Vienna staff for my making my trip to Athens a pleasant one.

Room Tip: Since the hotel is on a major thoroughfare, the higher the floor the better.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank ulical
There are newer reviews for Hotel Vienna

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I've chosen this hotel because it had not have any one "terrible" review on tripadvisor - and I wasn't disappointed. The location, just near the Omonia square was good, the room was small (as I expected) and perfectly clean, the staff was friendly... I spent very nice holidays in Athens and hotel Vienna contributed to that.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank anna_nattalia
Reviewed 27 July 2013

The hotel is near of the omonia Square. Very cheap. The people of the reception incredibly friendly and helpful. We arrived at 6:00 am and we could go to rest to our room without any extra charge! They explained everything very kindly. The breakfast was good (amazyng bread)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank carballona
Reviewed 26 June 2013

My partner and I stayed one night at this hotel. I would recommend it to everyone. Firstly, I located in Omonia the centre of Athens and close to all attractions and public transport (ie Acropli, Syntigma, Greek parliament and main metro station). However, the location could be disadvantage for some people , as Omonia is busy area and could not be save if you walk around there at late night, drunk and by your own. Thus, we walked back from Acropoli about 11pm and didn’t see anything unusual. The hotel staff were friendly, the hotel was clean (rooms and bathroom), free Wi-Fi and Air con. Very good value for money (30 e per night for 2 person) and preferred for short stay 1 to 7 days.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rizgar Q
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Really happy with this hotel on recent holiday to Athens. Was staying here with my mother and both of us were pleased with what we got. It was very easy to find coming from the airport and using the metro. The front staff were very friendly and welcoming even offering to order in any food we wanted (we took advantage of this on the first night not long after arrival). There were some adjancent streets with great shops and a 10-15 minute walk to the main markets around the Acropolis. We were told the area has a bit of a rough reputation but we never had a problem. We walked back from the Acropolis many nights late with no problem at all.
Breakfast was a bit light on for what we paid and all carb based. An egg perhaps would have been nice. The room was clean and spacious enough for what we needed.

Room Tip: We were given option of street room or back room. We chose the back one for noise reasons.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank rebeccakgardiner
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Hotel Vienna was renovated recently, has a great locatIon near metro Omonia. You can also reach center Monastiraki, in about 15 minutes walking. You can also reach Gazi in 15-20 minutes but foot. The staff is very friendly, good breakfast included in the room price, free internet pc and wifi, very good price.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2011

we stayed 4 nights in September. The receptionist was very helpful, arranged us some day tours at a discount. The breakfast is simple but typical, bread, coffee/juice, jam, cream cheese.
the location is 2 blocks from Omonia metro station, and 20 min walking to Syntagma. We mostly walked. The rooms were cleaned every day.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple