“Best restaurant experience we've ever had!”
Review of Chocolat Royal

Chocolat Royal
Ranked #218 of 2,576 Restaurants in Athens
Price range: US$18 - US$43
Cuisines: Greek, International
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Chocolat Royal is a bar restaurant where everyone can enjoy superb dinners, great cocktails, taste excellent dolce and stare at the perfect views of the Acropolis and Lycabettus Hill. Life's most beautiful moments are experienced here. In Chocolat Royal, people have met each other, fallen in love and and even married. It is a magical place, a place where you could live your most memorable experiences in Athens
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

This place is wonderful! From the rooftop atmosphere overlooking Acropolis, we received amazing service with an even more impressive meal. I had the pan rolled chicken, and my husband had the mix grill dish. We were not disappointed as it was the best food we've had in Athens, hands down! In addition, towards the end of our meal, the waiter brought us cocktails and told us that they were on the house because it was the last night of our Honeymoon in Greece before having to fly home. If you are ever in Athens, then this place is a must!

2  Thank Brandielise83

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

This is a must do. We took the advice from t/a. And it was just great. Book in advance on the roof terrace. Experience not to forget. And value for money.
Complimentary cocktails non alcohol after dinner. Well done!

1  Thank Maurice S
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

It was our first night in Athens and we couldn't have gone to a better place than this. The service was excellent, the crowd was great, the view was that of the acropolis and the food was just yumm. We ordered the beef ribs and the grilled rib eye and it had every taste of Mediterranean as well as good quality food. A must try for all..

2  Thank Amani M
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We visited the restaurant with my wife on our anniversary and informed the manager it was our anniversary. He pulled all the stops , I think his name was Petros/Peter, and got us a table on the top floor by the window overlooking the Akropolis. What a view! Complementary drinks were on the way before we even had the chance to say hello! The food we ordered (mixed platters to share) were outstanding and not the typical cheap varieties you usually get. The service was amazing and the waiters made us feel special. Very attending but not over-doing it giving us privacy while still having an amazing time. The cocktails were done at an exceptional standard and they tasted even better than most of the cocktail bars were you usually pay an arm and a leg for.

Next time we visit Athens we will definitely be visiting again.

2  Thank PanosM80
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Going from cafe to cafe I grew very found of the hellenic cuisine but this was something extraordinary. Having just returned from a tour through the acropolis I had built up quite an appetite. Despite the fact that the restaurant was packed pretty much the entire night and I was with my entire family of 15 people yet they accommodated us with the best table on the rooftop overlooking the capital of the world. The staff was so polite and tended to our every need and made us feel like family. Words could how amazing the food was, portion after portion, from appetizer to entree we found ourselves ordering absolutely everything on the menu including every drop of wine they could muster. We laughed and enjoyed great conversation until the sun went down and stayed almost until the sun came up. Wether you try the orzo rice with red sauce, Salmon salad with balsamic vinaigrette, braised lamb that just melts in your mouth, or the truly unbelievable roasted pork, either way I promise you will not be disappointed. By far my best experience in Greece so far and I encourage you to visit this amazing little staple of nostalgic culture and cuisine.

1  Thank Achilles L