“Excellent service, help, advice and location”

Acropolis Museum Boutique Hotel
Ranked #44 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 27 September 2009

We recieved very good advice on trips and things to do from the staff. Nothing was too much trouble including arranging special breakfast time and food late at night after arriving back from an excursion. Close to trains and buses and very close to the Acropolis and museums. Highly recommend the hotel and its staff.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Acropolis Museum Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 26 September 2009

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in July, and had a great experience. The room was beautifully decorated, with 16' ceilings, and an incredibly comfortable bed!

The staff were friendly and helpful, from the knowledgeable Aussie girl at the front desk, to the serving staff in the breakfast room who, although spoke little English, were very helpful, even when trying to use charades to express what we needed!

There was a good variety at breakfast, and they were sure to keep some stuff available when we slept in, and packed us a 'to go' bag when we had to leave early to catch our ferry.

There were two computers available with free internet to stay in touch.

The location is great - just a few blocks from the Acropolis, but be sure to walk down the street behind the hotel, instead of the busy main street in front - once we discovered that, the walk was much more enjoyable.

I would stay in this hotel again, and have recommended it to colleagues.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2009

We had booked a room via hrs.de and received a confirmation that the booking was guaranteed, also when arriving past 6 pm. When we got there from Piraeus at 11pm, we were told that no rooms are available and that we'd have to go to a different hotel.

The hotel looks nice enough, but it's terrible if you can't rely on reservations.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cfeh
Reviewed 10 September 2009

We stayed two nights and enjoyed it very much.
The room wasn't the most spacious but it was clean and well furnished
Special reference on the bed !(they also promoting the supplying company CocoMat )
Is sited in the center of the city close to Syntagma square (someone told that a cab from syntagma to hotel cost him 7 Euros that was fair only if the luggage's weighted 10 Tons!!! don't pay over 5 euros )
Its 10 steps from the new acropolis museum and 15 from Plaka area (normally I shouldn't mention that cause they have not many rooms and its easy to full up )
The breakfast buffet but its available all day for self made coffee and amenities.
You may also meet the owners and their friends having their tsipouro (stronger and better than ouzo) and they always offer to guests!!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2009

My husband and I stayed here for a couple of nights & were very pleased with the friendly and helpful service from a young Australian girl who worked in reception, which we will never forget. Thanks.
The room we stayed in was very clean, comfortable and cosy...what more can we ask for??? Its location was excellent. Only a hop skip and a jump from everything, the Acropolis, Ermou etc.
We will be definately coming back next yr 2010
Cheers!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ParaskeviFred
Reviewed 28 July 2009

Very clean hotel, it was close to everything, the staff were very helpful with all my general inquiries- in particular the young girl at reception, it was a very pleasant environment and hope to stay there again in my travels.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tpana008
Reviewed 14 July 2009

THE PHONE DIDN'T WORK! And they would not fix it or move me to another room, even though I checked in early in the morning. It's hard to be alone in a hotel room with no phone to call reception if you need anything or have a question, and can't receive calls from family. It doesn't make sense to pay that much money for a room that has a broken phone, a broken TV, and an air conditioner that smells of dust if you turn it on. As well, I WAS PROMISED A CHANGE OF ROOMS, AND IT NEVER HAPPENED.

The strangest part was the older man at the front desk who must have been the owner, but who lied constantly (in addition to constantly hitting on me, and in the most condescending way). He lied about who he was, he lied about moving me, he lied about asking "the manager" for a rebate on my room rate, he lied about having the phone repaired, and he lied about calling a taxi to take me to the airport.

I asked him to call a taxi to take me to the airport. Instead, he called a friend of his who would come in "about an hour". Only after I made it clear that I don't want any funny business, just a normal taxi, did he call a real taxi for me. Then he told me the taxi had not yet arrived at the hotel, although it had been waiting for 5 minutes already. HE ALMOST MADE ME MISS MY PLANE.

It's an old building that has been marginally renovated into a hotel. In my opinion, I would have been better off paying 20 euros more and staying in a gorgeous hotel, like Melia Hotel or The Fresh Hotel, and not having problems.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo