“Fab staff - they really make the hotel what it is!”

Acropolis Museum Boutique Hotel
Ranked #44 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 16 May 2010

We had a lovely stay here, the staff are excellent, so friendly and helpful, nothing is too much trouble for them. The only advice I would give is to ask for a room at the back of the hotel if you are a light sleeper - we had to move after the first night as the hotel is on a busy road.

Donna and Andrea were excellent and really made our stay.

• Stayed: April 2010
Write a ReviewReviews (1,146)

Reviewed 14 May 2010

I stayed in this hotel for 8 nights and it was lovely. Staff were so helpful and always happy to offer advice. The room was cleaned thoroughly each day and the bed was soooo comfortable! The towel robes were a nice touch. Even though my room was on the front of the hotel on a very busy road it did not bother me or stop me sleeping. Access to the wifi good and location was great, safe and made walking to everything very easy. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2010

With many choices and many contradicting reviews of hotel in Athens, we took our chances blindly selected Acropolis Museum Boutique Hotel.

How to get there: The hotel is located between Sygrou-Fix and Acropoli station on metro line 2. We found Sygroud-Fix to be closer with about 200 meter walk from the station. Getting there from airport is easy. But on the way back to the airport, transferring to line 1 at Syntagma is not an easy task because the metro can be quite packed.

Location: You can easily walk (about 10-15 min) to the new Acropolis museum, plaka, acropolis hills from the hotel. There are many car rentals on the street (Sygrou street) in front of the hotel. We rented a car and easily drove out of Athens to Cape Sounion to see Temple of Poseidon. However hotel has no parking so you have to street park but be careful of which street you can or can’t. Around the hotel it looks like a business area so at night it can be quiet but it did not seem dangerous to walk around for us.

Reception: A young lady checked us in and gave us room 305 which is on a 2nd floor (which is actually third floor but don’t worry there’s a small elevator). The lobby and walkway are automatically sprayed with air freshener constantly which gives a nice smell. On the last day we were 30 min late coming back to check out (we called at 12 to tell them that we might be late) and the old lady gave us the look and told us “you guys’d better hurry”. She could have said it nicer but I guess another guest was waiting for the room even though we didn’t see anybody waiting.

Room: The room is small while the bathroom is really small. We can hardly find a place to put our suitcases. The room has small fridge, small lcd tv, desk, closet, shower cloak, but no slippers provided. There is a small shower cubicle but the water leaks when we shower. They have a good mattress “Cocomat” which supposed to be all natural eco-friendly materials (there’s a catalogue in the room). The hotel has wi-fi, get password that changes daily from the reception.

Food: Breakfast was ok. Eggs, sausages, cheese, cold cuts, vegetables, fruits, cereals, yogurt, pastries, not so good coffee, fresh squeezed orange juice in a jar with melted-ice (so you’d be better off squeezing your own – they have a machine for you). I am lucky enough to have my girlfriend do it for me every morning.

Overall: We booked a deluxe room for €87/night so it’s acceptable. Location is probably the best thing about this hotel. There are many other hotels in this price range but you have to take your own chance. For this hotel we would say not luxurious but an ok comfy stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2010

This hotel is a 10 min walk to the Acropolis and minutes from Plaka. The room are boutique chic and the staff is wonderful and accomodating. Andrea is the best!!! She made sure we had the room we wanted and did not stop until we were completely satisfied. I recommend this hotel when touring Athens, and especially if you want a chic boutique feel. Thanks Andrea and staff, you made my stay in Athens great!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2010

A great hotel and the location is very good too.

Thanks to the volcanic ash cloud we had to cancel our stay, then book it again, then cancel it and then book it for a shorter stay – this might irritate some places, but not this one. They were so understanding, flexible, accommodating and generally helpful it made the hassle of the ash cloud much less so – just something less to worry about.

And on arrival and throughout the stay they were lovely and helpful and it’s somewhere we’d definitely recommend too.

It’s very well located – closest metro is Syntagma, but a short walk to the Acropolis. It is on a main road, but we certainly didn’t hear any noise whatsoever.

So finally thanks to the Acropolis Museum Boutique Hotel for simply being great!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2010

great location. clean. friendly. cozy. relax. no rush. once you stay here you never want to stay somewhere else in athens. not that cheap but worthy room rates. Rooms are different in sizes and decoration. They are all nice to stay and comfortable beds. Ask Donara - at front desk - anything she will help you from her heart.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 May 2010

I was one of the ten thousands of people who were affected by the flight disruptions cause by the Icelandic ash cloud. Lufthansa covered just one night at a 5* hotel downtown Athens (which I am extremely grateful for!). As I did not want to pay 140 Euros per night myself for my yet extended stay in Athens, I had to look for a cheaper hotel with wireless internet access so I could basically move my office to a hotel room. With a rate of 89 Euros per night incl. breakfast, the Acropolis Museum Boutique Hotel was my logical choice.

I had rarely ever met such a friendly and helpful staff! Especially Donna was extremely understanding and found comforting words whenever she felt there was need for some. As I could not predict for how many nights I might need my room for, she used her organisational skills a lot just to help and to secure a room for me.

But friendliness is not the only thing this nice little hotel can proud itself with. The rooms (yet small) are absolutely clean. Walls are reasonably thick, so even though the hotel is located at one of the main roads, you do not hear much of the street noise.

Breakfast is better than you would expect. I had never had fresh orange juice in a 3* hotel!

Should Donna and/or Andrea read this: Thank you ever so much for your helpfulness which was way beyond anything I had experienced before! You put a very positive side to my unintentionally prolonged stay in Athens!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business