Acropolist boutique hotel is in a good location - you can walk pretty much to any place you'd like to see, and is just around the corner from the Acropolis. Donna - who was the main desk attendant at the hotel while we were there was wonderful - very accomodating and helpful in every way. The rooms were quite adequate - nicely decorated although very small. Our room faced out onto the busy road, so I was a bit worried that we'd be awake all night with traffic noise, but we needn't have worried, as we really didn't notice the noise of the traffic at all.
Two things I'd say could be improved would be 1) having the breakfast prepared and out on time. Both mornings when we were on a tour and had to leave before 8:00, breakfast was pretty minimal, but was good on the days we went down later. 2) the fellow who worked the night shift was pretty much uninterested in helping with any questions or problems. My mom had an issue with a light in her room coming on in the middle of the night (and not turning off, but then also not turning on when she needed it as well) but the fellow at the desk insisted that it was all fine & there was nothing wrong with it. (Really...a light that turns on in the middle of the night and can't be turned off???) Also, when we asked him if there were any beaches for swimming nearby in Athens, we were told "No - the closest one is over an hour away by taxi." Which turned out not to be accurate, as when as asked Donna the next morning, she was able to direct us to several public beaches accessible by tram, and less than a half-hour away.
We really enjoyed Athens - loved the acropolis and the Plaka too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This very special hotel is housed in a classical building that recently has undergone a complete renovation (2007),just a few steps from the Acropolis and Plaka, adjacent to the new Acropolis museum, it is situated at the very heart of Athens historic center. The Acropolis Museum Hotel is at the foot of the Acropolis hill, just a few steps away from the Parthenon, the Temple of Zeus, Hadrian Arch and other monuments of Greek Civilization. Yet within a ten minute walk you can reach the Constitution Square (Syntagma), the Greek Parliament, Athens Stock market and Athens exclusive shopping areas of Ermou and Kolonaki. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Acropolis Museum Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acropolis Museum Boutique Athens
- Hotel Acropolis Museum Boutique