“Good overall”

Acropolis Museum Boutique Hotel
Ranked #44 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 1 October 2010

Acropolist boutique hotel is in a good location - you can walk pretty much to any place you'd like to see, and is just around the corner from the Acropolis. Donna - who was the main desk attendant at the hotel while we were there was wonderful - very accomodating and helpful in every way. The rooms were quite adequate - nicely decorated although very small. Our room faced out onto the busy road, so I was a bit worried that we'd be awake all night with traffic noise, but we needn't have worried, as we really didn't notice the noise of the traffic at all.

Two things I'd say could be improved would be 1) having the breakfast prepared and out on time. Both mornings when we were on a tour and had to leave before 8:00, breakfast was pretty minimal, but was good on the days we went down later. 2) the fellow who worked the night shift was pretty much uninterested in helping with any questions or problems. My mom had an issue with a light in her room coming on in the middle of the night (and not turning off, but then also not turning on when she needed it as well) but the fellow at the desk insisted that it was all fine & there was nothing wrong with it. (Really...a light that turns on in the middle of the night and can't be turned off???) Also, when we asked him if there were any beaches for swimming nearby in Athens, we were told "No - the closest one is over an hour away by taxi." Which turned out not to be accurate, as when as asked Donna the next morning, she was able to direct us to several public beaches accessible by tram, and less than a half-hour away.

We really enjoyed Athens - loved the acropolis and the Plaka too!

There are newer reviews for Acropolis Museum Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 27 September 2010

This hotel is a great find! The location is incredibly close to the Acropolis and Acropolis Museum...it’s an easy 10-minute walk to these attractions plus restaurants and shopping. The staff was very helpful, and our room was clean and nicely decorated. The bed was also extremely comfortable. My only room complaint is that it overlooked a busy street, which got a bit noisy at night. However, I suspect that you could ask for a room that doesn’t overlook the main street.

The hotel has FREE wireless Internet, which worked great. They even delivered me a Greek salad at around 9 pm at night (well worth the 7 Euros). I wasn't very impressed with the free breakfast, which as a buffet of food that looked like it had been sitting out for a while. But hey, you can't beat free...and the pastries/croissants were good.

Overall, I’d recommend this hotel to anyone who wants affordable and elegant accommodations in a very central location. It's not necessarily luxurious, but it's a good deal.

Reviewed 26 September 2010

The location of the hotel is very good, within 15 mins walk to most of the tourist attractions. We had a room facing the back street so noise is not a problem. Room is not big but is clean. We arrived there at 8 am and the friendly reception lady let us have an early check-in, even offered us breakfast. After a long flight all the way from Hong Kong, that's certainly refreshing. Staff is friendly and helpful.

The bathing area is tiny though, you may find it difficult to turn around if you are a big guy. All in all, its a hotel that I would recommend.

Reviewed 17 September 2010

I have mixed feelings about the Acropolis Boutique Museum Hotel. The staff was friendly and they did their best to accommodate us but the property itself is in need of repairs. We stayed in the family room, which is quite spacious but there were two major problems: the toilet would not stop flushing during our entire visit and there was a serious electrical problem with one of the sockets. The electrical issue was probably a fire hazard. There were live wires hanging out of the wall where the TV was plugged in. It was making an awful buzzing sound and my husband accidentally brushed against it, which gave him a bit of a shock! We informed the staff of the problem so hopefully, they will correct it soon.

The rooms are equipped with AC units. However, the halls and other common areas are not. The breakfast room was incredibly stuffy and unfortunately, the actual breakfast was mediocre. The coffee was some of the weakest I have ever had and the pastries were stale.

The hotel is very close to the Acropolis but it is also on a busy street. So, unless you get a room on the back side, light sleepers may not get the rest they need.

Finally, the hotel offers WIFI but it did not work. If you really need to get online, there are two computers in the lobby.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2010

This place was amazing!!!! I loved every minute I was there!!!! I highly recommend you stay here its really, really good!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 September 2010

We had a great stay there...very beautiful..The staff were very friendly and helpfull and considering i had 3 young children running around they were very welcoming and understanding! Our room was very clean and it stayed like that with their wonderful house keeping! Also enjoyed the fact it was close by to everything we needed!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2010

I travelled to Greece and stayed there for a month! So I visited many hotels! But this one was by far the best! The staff were so friendly and catered to my every need. It is situated in a great location and transportation was easy! They had cable..... Which is a must for me! All in all I had a great time there and would def go back to that hotel!! I LOVE GREECE!!

• Stayed: March 2010