“Perfect place in the middle of everything”

Acropolis Museum Boutique Hotel
Ranked #42 of 326 Hotels in Athens
Espoo, Finland
“Perfect place in the middle of everything”
Reviewed 15 November 2010

Great hotel just a short walk of all places. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were modern but at the same time classic and give a feeling of luxory. Bed was excellant, coco-mat material, best I have ever slept. Breakfast was also great, lot of choice and fresh fruits every morning. Plus comes also from free internet and computers in free use.

The hotel was very near Acropolis and Temple of Zeus and the restaurant area of Plaka. The shopping street is also very close walk away. Althought hotel is located side quite big street, inside hotel there is quiet and no noise comes inside rooms. I think it was perfect value for the money :)

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 14 November 2010

The hotel is full of character and despite the relatively low cost, provides pleasant extras like freshly laundered dressing gowns. Staff are friendly and helpful, and even provide first-aid care if, like me, you fell down on the city's terrible pavements. Beds very comfortable, rooms have air con and excellent free wi-fi and breakfast is varied and fine. Location is fab, five minutes from the fantastic Acropolis Museum, although it's a bit noisy if you're on the front, as it's on a busy main road, and the showers are far from being power showers. Great value, nice place to stay.

Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 10 November 2010

the hotel is extremly nice, the location is perfect! the rooms are exactly like the website. superb hotel nice staff

• Stayed October 2010
Trinidad
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Just returned from a 2 night stay at the Acropolis Museum Boutique Hotel. We arrived from our cruise early in the morning and was warmly greeted by Donna who proved to be so helpful and charming as she gave a detailed explanation of hotel and the sights.
We were able to leave our luggage until our rooms were ready and this enabled us to get to the New Acropolis Museum right away.
The hotel is in walking distance of the Museum, Hardrian's Gate, Temple of Zeus and of course the Acropolis and Plaka
Our rate included breakfast which was buffet style and included fresh juices, delicious yoghurt, eggs, cheese and cold cuts, cakes and great coffee.The breakfast area was kept well supplied by Irene. Thank you Irene
Computers are located in the lounge area for guest use and these are complimentary and is the printing of boarding passes.
Rooms are supplied with lovely cocomat mattress, which made for a great sleep.
I loved my single room on the 3rd floor, very comfortable space with a very nice bathroom
Please remember that this is a renovated building so there are some steps before you get to the elevators but help is provided.
Overall a delightful hotel.

's Gate and Plaka

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Sydney
Reviewed 18 October 2010

Our family (kids 11 & 12) stayed in both family rooms during 2 non consecutive visits to Athens. Both rooms were very spacious, air conditioned, excellent beds, good bathrooms. It depends upon your expectations of a room, however we were extremely happy with our choice of accommodation. A few steps to carry bags up to rooms, but this is just part of travelling.

I have read some of the reviews re busy road and the noise, however after a long day sightseeing and eating and returning late, the very, very slight buzz of cars were actually calming to fall asleep with. Absolutely no complaints re noise!

We travelled for 3 weeks in Greece & Italy and the breakfast served here was the best. Vast range of food choices, freshly cooked hot food, freshly squeezed fruit juice, friut, cereal, pastries. Great way to start the day.

All staff were extremely friendly & helpful, couldn't ask for more. Would definetely stay here again upon a return to Athens.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 17 October 2010

It is not often that you find a place like this hotel. It is small enough so that you are very well cared for and large enough to have complete privacy with all the features of larger hotels, such as an on-site small restaurant and bar, and elevator. We stayed in Room 11, which is a superior/deluxe room, which was located on the corner of two busy streets and yet was not noisy at all. The room was beautifully decorated and the bathroom was a good size with a hair dryer. The bed was the most comfortable we have ever slept on; the cocomat mattress was so amazing we plan to purchase one for our home, as soon as the Canadian distributor begins selling them. The breakfast was great, we really enjoyed making our own fresh-squeezed orange juice and the chocolate crepes were delicious. The only thing I didn't like about the breakfast were the always-cold eggs and omelette, I like mine hot. The coffee was really delicious. The hotel is walking distance to all major sites, and many wonderful restaurants. I was unfortunately ill at the time of my visit and the staff went out of their way to give me tea and toast late in the evening because I had had nothing to eat earlier, and provided this at no charge to us. The hotel has free internet service, and can assist with tour bookings. All major tour operators will come to this hotel to pick you up as well, making it very convenient and simple to enjoy tours within Athens or excursions outside the city. This is a wonderful hotel, very charming, sophisticated yet filled with warmth. We were delighted to be there and would definitely return to this lovely place.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
nyc
Reviewed 16 October 2010

I read so many favorable reviews that I felt it would be foolish to stay elsewhere. I was wrong. When I arrived at the hotel, the first thing I noticed was that the pictures were far better than the real thing. The fact that it was two doors away from a sex shop did not bother me so much as the fact that my room was barely big enough to fit the very worn out and old bed. To make matters worse, there was no place to put my suitcase and belongings. The room had a closet, but it wouldn't fit anything anyway. I had to put my medium sized suitcase on the tiny night stand and then put all my other stuff on the floor, where there wasn't much room to walk to begin with. The street the hotel is on is very near to the Acropolis and the Plaka, which were nice bonuses. But the price of the tiny shoebox sized room was far beyond what it should have been. Another downer was that the hotel did not charge me when I booked the room, so the price of the room essentially skyrocketed by a good sum by the time they did charge my credit card when I checked out.

Stayed October 2010, travelled solo