“A perfect walk in the city even for Athenians!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Big Olive City Walks
Ranked #10 of 39 Food & Drink in Athens
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Big Olive Walking Tours offers high quality scholar-led tours providing a unique entertaining and educational perspective on the city. We also offer bespoke experiences that enable participants to build their own package of accommodation, transport and guided tours.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A perfect walk in the city even for Athenians!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I went with my husband on my first Big Olive tour and we took the Ottoman walk which started in the national garden and after an afternoon full of historical and fun facts about our own city we ended our ottoman walk in the city's best hammam place. The whole tour from start to finish was extremely interesting and entertaining even for Athenians like ourselves! It really felt like a break within our week, a lovely walk to reconnect with our city and learn new paths we had never encountered. Big Olive knows the city inside out and "packages" its tours with the outermost quality from the first contact, to their guides and the upon request tailor-made approach that you can ask for. Absolutely recommend it for tourists and Athenians alike.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Yasmin D

• Greek first
Barcelona, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Unforgettable experience to discover the "other" Athens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I visited Athens many times but last Easter, thanks to Nikos & Yannis, we had an amazing tour. They helped us to discover a new side of the city, a hidden one, a side that It is there but it remains imperceptible if you do not have someone like BigOlive to show you. Such an enjoyable experience and we will definitely recommend to others visiting Athens.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Orce
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a must-have experience for visitors & natives”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

T​he ​​experience helped me ​get ​acquainted​ with​ some​ ​historical ​parts of my city,​ ​that ​I ​had little familiarity with. I would highly recommend it for visitors who like to "​take a step" beyond the mainstream sightseeing ​tours. ​The guys involved are innovative professionals, capable of ​both describing in detail and keeping it exciting​, ​with​ outside of the box​ ideas​ in every case.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Nikolas L
London
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A REAL way to see Athens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Forget the blaring tour guides who only tell you the things you can read in your guide book! This fantastic team will take you round real, original places off the tourist track which fit in with YOUR interests - extremely knowledgeable guides, a great experience to tell your friends about.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Penelope G
Athens, Greece
“A fun & refreshing guide of Athens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I am not usually a fan of guided walks, I dont have a long attention span and can get bored easily. But I have to say that I have already done not 1 but 2 walks with Big Olive, because each walk is so different to the other, with each walk being informative yet fun, and you really get the sense that the walk is personalised especially for you and your tastes since you get to choose what the walk focuses on, and where you want to go. The Big Olive guides are always full of anecdotes and surprise you with pitstops for a lovely snack or to catch a view of the city you've never quite seen before. I fully recommend the whole Big Olive team!

Visited May 2014