“Comfy and with friendly staff”
Review of Hotel Ariston

Hotel Ariston
Ranked #14 of 79 Athens B&B and Inns
Thessaloniki, Greece
“Comfy and with friendly staff”
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I was surprised to get such good service and attention on the one night I stayed in the hotel in December 2013. I arrived at the train station from another part of Greece at midnight in an area that is not the best in Athens. It is also not known for good hotels. However, this hotel was really nice, it seemed to be recently renovated and the receptionist was really friendly. I had the opportunity to select a room (I always go for a quiet room and the view comes second). I had a nice room and I understand that it was not the best in the hotel because they were really hesitant to give me that (due to its small size and lack of view). However I got exactly what I wanted - a good night's sleep in a really comfy bed and I enjoyed the treatment of all employees there. The price range is also very good. The only minus is the area it is located in, but still, it is really close to the metro station and you are directly opposite the train station. I recommend this hotel for an overnight stay!

Room Tip: Ask the receptionist - there are some more quiet rooms in the back (without the view though)
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Naoum L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I booked this hotel because of the location and the excellent reviews.
My plan was to visit Meteora for 3days and then return to Athens and run the Athens Classic Marathon.
I arrived on Tuesday afternoon, checked in and did some sightseeing in Athens.
When I returned to the hotel I found out the the Train to Meteora that I have booked will be on Strike... Sophia at the front desk was so kind and helped me find the bus ticket to Meteora!
I had a great conversation with her that night, I couldn't believe it how nice she was!
When I left I left my luggage here. I had a room booked for the night arriving From Meteora because the train was arriving late in the night. No problem with storing my luggage!

I'm from New York, noise from outside was noticeable but didn't bother me.
I probably won't stay here if I was staying in Athens. But for my purpose (taking a train to Meteora early in the morning, arriving Athens from Meteora late in the evening) it was an excellent pick.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Corfu, Greece
Reviewed 7 November 2013

really nice hotel. well designed, nice rooms, good price and excellent location (50 metres from main station and metro) and very friendly and helpful staff. watch out for the map on Google - you need to turn LEFT out of the metro exit i.e. the hotel is south of the main station.

Room Tip: probably better to go for the highest floor (less noise)
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Rhodes, Greece
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Have stayed there several times. Always very clean and comfortable. Newly restorated and calming modern decorated. Asked for a quiet room and gave me one I couldn't hear a thing!!! Personel very kind, warm and excellent service! The price was very low for what it offered, a real surprise ! Definitelly gonna prefer it for my next trip!

Room Tip: You can ask either for a quiet room in the back, or a room in the front with a balcony, view and sun...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Stasa A
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The hotel was very clean. The staff was great, very helpful and the breakfast was very good. Athens is a little far from the airport, but we were able to find the hotel easily. The subway has signs in English, very helpful. There are some awesome resturants three blocks away near the church, and the food was great and NOT expensive. The bed was ok for me, but my girlfriend thought is was a little hard.

Room Tip: try to get an upper floor
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Glenn W
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

The the staff is welcoming and friendly. We could change our room to a room that didn't face the big street. The rooms are compact and the one facing the wide street are noisy. The breakfast was good for a budget hotel. Some fruits were available too. During breakfast you can follow the action on the street through the big glass front.
The location near a subway station is very helpful to reach the acients sites and the airport also without any traffic jam.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Mike P
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I liked this hotel, it was clean, the staff were friendly and the breakfast was nice. It was just a little bit out of the way for us. It is near the subway so you can get to town easily enough. The rooms were nice and big. It just would have been better to be closer to everything.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple