“GETTING BETTER & BETTER!”

Agora Restaurant-Bar
Ranked #64 of 2,481 Restaurants in Athens
Price range: US$1 - US$33
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: "One restaurant with a philosophy of" You ... You said the better about the quality, quantity, price, service and space. We say thank you! Traditional restaurant attached to the current era. In our restaurant you will find the best of the city ... Clients. The most delicious food in town ... The best of the city ... Aura. And all these people say the best in town! We thank them again! You will taste the fresh fries mama, virgin olive Mani and smell the oregano mountain! Will travel to nearby Italy tasty with fresh pasta and cheeses. We will spend the continent with the pies "market" will fly to France with the meat, it will smell the nearby Marathon with exquisite salads and fresh vegetables! Invitation to a journey of flavors from the "market" in most financial position with maximum pleasure, accompanied the night with Dionysus and Bacchus who hang out in the cellars of the "market" and expect them to go wake the spirit that will Outings to go into the studio in the wake of fresh you meet the feast of flavors from fresh milk, hot chocolate, fresh cream and vanilla in Madagascar perfect proportions that delight the palate for closing a beautiful afternoon or evening of a wonderful bygone.
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We visit Agora every time we are in Athens and we are happy to say that it is constantly improving its already high standard! We first visited Agora 10 years back by chance due to its proximity, it is located close to the centre, just behind Athens Hilton. The atmosphere although casual, is very warm and the decor very tasteful. It features an usually wide selection of dishes which are supplemented daily by an extensive list of "daily specials". We were extremely impressed by the grilled cod and best ever pumpkin soup!! From our 10 yr experience, all dishes are excellent and portions are extremely generous. The service is exceptionally friendly and efficient. The dinner is always wrapped up with a complimentary strawberry sorbet...nice gesture! Very popular with locals so book in advance if you plan to dine after 9.00pm. The prices are reasonable and definitely good value for money. We shall surely visit again.

2  Thank CaymanRedGuard

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Three of us ate dinner there on a weekday. The salads had interesting combinations of dry fruit and nuts mixed greens and vegetables. The appetizers we ordered tasted good, and had new interpretations of traditional foods, like the bruschetta with dry fig underneath the prosciutto and the cheese on top. My main dish was the fish of the day. It was good perfectly! The deserts did not disappoint either. The atmosphere was nice, too. The lighting is somewhat low for my liking, but not a negative. They had also a nice future, they offer reading glasses to costumers that have forgotten their glasses and may have issues reading the menu, although the letters are not small.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

My wife and me visited the Restaurant Agora on 25th March 2014. It looked nice and we wanted to have a good dinner at about 18:00. The waiter brought the Menu and I ordered 1 beer for me and a pot of Rose Wine for my wife. After a few minutes he brought 1 beer for me and a pot of White Wine! I said I ordered Rose Wine, he took the pot away and after one minute he was bach with a pot of Red Wine. I could not say anything to it, I tried to ask another waitress there if it is Rose Wine, she answered, that it is greek Rose Wine!! Then I ordered our dishes, the waiter did not understant, what do I tell him in english, but did not try to call somebody, who understood english.
After about 20minutes he brought the right dishes, my wife was pleasantly surprised, but I got chicken breast, that was from one side totaly black and the taste was more than a little bitter.
The whole time there "marched" here and there a man (owner? manager?), he smoked out of the restaurant, but many times went inside with the cigarette in his hand. The restaurant is declared as non smoker!!
I paid the bill without a cent of gratuity and my regret is that we did not go away without paying the bill earlier then we have ordered our dishes.
No, never more such restaurant! What a difference was Antica Cafe near Agora archeological site!

3  Thank halloboy
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This restaurant has wonderful food and atmosphere. Service was good too. We went on a Saturday afternoon for late lunch. Although a little pricey, the food was well worth it. This restaurant has the best spaghetti carbonara that I have had in Greece, even better than the Italian restaurants I have eaten in. I will frequent this restaurant as often as possible since it is also conveniently in my neighborhood. Lucky me! I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Very good dishes. Wonderful smoothies and cocktails to end your meal. Very nicely decorated. However, this lovely picture is ruined by most of the personnel, fortunately not all of them. It is truly a shame for such a great restaurant. Makes you think again before re-visiting it.

3  Thank Antonia A