“Dangerously Delicious Wine Wednesdays”
Review of Aleria

Aleria
Reserve with OpenTable
Aleria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 2,611 Restaurants in Athens
Price range: US$44 - US$52
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The restaurant is a perfectly restored villa from the early years of the previous century. The decor strikes the perfect balance between luxury and ambience, creating an atmosphere which is quite formal but still unpretentious, cozy and elegant. The restaurant's creative cuisine has been awarded many times and promises to impress you with a brilliant parade of re-synthesized Greek cuisine The chef Gikas Xenakis is one of the best proponents of the New Greek Cuisine movement which now attracts the most talented chefs in Greece. His philosophy is one that combines a calm but confident control of the modern cooking techniques with his memories of traditional home food cooked with the best and freshest ingredients that the sea and land of Greece offers. At Aleria you will enjoy Greek fine dining in wonderful surroundings in what is considered as one of the best value for money restaurants.
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Oh. My. God.... I went to this restaurant after finding it on google maps then checking out the menu online. Me and two friends walked over from our hotel only to find that apparently Wine Wednesdays is so popular you need a reservation. They had one table tucked into a corner which we quickly accepted. The wine pairings were perfect accompaniments to the dishes. My favorite paring was with the octopus. We were so pleased with out meal we just had to meet the chef, which led to meeting the owner of the restaurant, which led to meeting the owner of the winery. The restaurant owner even arranged for my friend to purchase wine, but unfortunately we were unable to return the next night to make the purchase as agreed upon. This was an experience that made all other restaurant ventures while on vacation pale in comparison. Any other meal we had was not as awesome as it would have been if we had eaten at Aleria last. My taste buds and senses are still reeling! It is well worth the money!

1  Thank misskarimiss
Write a ReviewReviews (1,031)

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I have written before about Aleria.
I have been there many times since. With friends and my wife We all had a great gourmet experience .However for second summer running on Wednesdays, one can have a 3 course menu with excellent matching wines at 35 euros.
This is an offer not to be missed

4  Thank Ilias K
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Visited this restaurant the last night of our Greece trip and it was like we saved the best for last. The restaurant is a quaint beautifully decorated place with an outdoor garden.
Staff was very attentive we had a few hiccups in our meal we were given wine that seemed like it had gone bad, but it was quickly replaced and the server must've apologized a million times!

Onto the food, I ordered the pork belly all I can say is wow cooked to perfection with crispy outter skin and tender on the inside, my husband had the lamb equally as good so tender and fell apart.
The bread basket also had a good variety but a hefty charge for this.

Overall, we would be back its a little gem in Athens

1  Thank Priu23
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We eat in Alleria last Saturday evening and we had a very nice meal. With a very famous cook, Alleria is trying to be something different and I think it succeeds. The meat is perfect ( my husband's opinion) the fish and the salad are worth trying ( I am vegetarian). The home made bread is delicious! I wasn't so satisfied with the sweets ( not so many options) but there were not bad. I recommend it for a new experience but I still believe that the best restaurant in Athens remains Funky Gourmet!!!!!!!

3  Thank IZABELA S
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent atmosphere, service and food! Definately recommend it! The place is very nice and cozy decoration, the stuff is very kind and helpful. The drinks are clean and the menu has excellent choices and very tasty with very good quality.

2  Thank Maro P