“Beautiful location BUT WAY TOO BUSY AND EXPENSIVE”
Review of Zafeiri - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Zafeiri
Price range: US$22 - US$57
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Zafeiri has been at the heart of Kavouri for over 30 years. We specialise in Seafood delicacies as well as traditional recipes based on Eastern Mediterranean cuisine. During summer extensive al-fresco dining area on the sea front. All other dining areas air conditioned. Our wine cellar carries a wide range of Greek as well other European labels to satisfy all discerning palates.
Reviewed 11 January 2013

This very popular restaurant is always super-busy in the summer. The food is standard taverna food and very overpriced, especially the fish.

Georgeous location, right near the Divani...on the sea. But beware, they lose reservations, and are disorganized. The service can only be described as surly, impatient and arrogant.

2  Thank Flo015

Reviewed 14 September 2012

The personnel might seem arrogant, but they are not they are just simply overbooked.They have lots of hometype of food and the owner is one of the old guys that has the best contacts all over and serves fantastic food. He cares for every little detail, and you will see, locals are going there, so this is a proof for good quality.

Reviewed 23 September 2009

I have visited Zafeiri 2 years ago for the first time. Since then, it is my favourite in town. Having a Greek girl friend, I visit Athens quite often and a dinner at Zafeiri is always in my schedule.

When you are sitting on the deck, it feels like your feet are almost going touch the water. The view is probably the best you can get in Athens.

Personal favourites on the menu are Grilled Octopus, Seafood Pasta, Fried Calamari and Stuffed Mussles.

Zaferi is in Vouliagmeni in the coutryside of Athens and not very far from the center. Taxis are cheap in Athens anyways. So next time you are in town, pay a visit to Zafeiri. It will definitely worth it.

2  Thank oytunpakcan
Reviewed 4 September 2009

This was my second time at Zafeiri, and my mother and I had a wonderful time. You can't get a better atmosphere than this, as the restaurant is literally right over the sea. The decor is minimal and classy, and the service was friendly.
We also met the manager who was very helpful and warm.
My mother and I especially enjoyed the fried zuchinni, taramosalata, and seafood spaghetti.
Highly Recommended!

2  Thank eviemichael
Reviewed 26 May 2009

We found Zafeiri while searching Trp Advisor. What a find. We were welcomed by owner Panos via e-mail, 'and' he even made a special effort when we arrived to welcome us both. We sat at a table that overlooked the beach. With the sounds of the waves and the cool breeze within the covered patio, we dined on fresh seafood and watched the sun set. What a way to end a perfect day discovering Athens. As much as we enjoyed Athens it was all too perfect to stay at a hotel and eat at a restaurant just at the edge of the city; right on the beaches. Do 'not' miss an opportunty to end your perfect day at Zafeiri .
Mike M-Canada