“Greek - Turkish Fusion at its BEST...”
Review of Zafeiri

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Zafeiri
Ranked #1,707 of 2,490 Restaurants in Athens
Price range: US$22 - US$57
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Zafeiri has been at the heart of Kavouri for over 30 years. We specialise in Seafood delicacies as well as traditional recipes based on Eastern Mediterranean cuisine. During summer extensive al-fresco dining area on the sea front. All other dining areas air conditioned. Our wine cellar carries a wide range of Greek as well other European labels to satisfy all discerning palates.
Reviewed 23 September 2009

I have visited Zafeiri 2 years ago for the first time. Since then, it is my favourite in town. Having a Greek girl friend, I visit Athens quite often and a dinner at Zafeiri is always in my schedule.

When you are sitting on the deck, it feels like your feet are almost going touch the water. The view is probably the best you can get in Athens.

Personal favourites on the menu are Grilled Octopus, Seafood Pasta, Fried Calamari and Stuffed Mussles.

Zaferi is in Vouliagmeni in the coutryside of Athens and not very far from the center. Taxis are cheap in Athens anyways. So next time you are in town, pay a visit to Zafeiri. It will definitely worth it.

2  Thank oytunpakcan
There are newer reviews for Zafeiri

Reviewed 4 September 2009

This was my second time at Zafeiri, and my mother and I had a wonderful time. You can't get a better atmosphere than this, as the restaurant is literally right over the sea. The decor is minimal and classy, and the service was friendly.
We also met the manager who was very helpful and warm.
My mother and I especially enjoyed the fried zuchinni, taramosalata, and seafood spaghetti.
Highly Recommended!

2  Thank eviemichael
Reviewed 26 May 2009

We found Zafeiri while searching Trp Advisor. What a find. We were welcomed by owner Panos via e-mail, 'and' he even made a special effort when we arrived to welcome us both. We sat at a table that overlooked the beach. With the sounds of the waves and the cool breeze within the covered patio, we dined on fresh seafood and watched the sun set. What a way to end a perfect day discovering Athens. As much as we enjoyed Athens it was all too perfect to stay at a hotel and eat at a restaurant just at the edge of the city; right on the beaches. Do 'not' miss an opportunty to end your perfect day at Zafeiri .
Mike M-Canada

3  Thank MichaelM4
Reviewed 27 March 2009

I have now been to the Zafeiri on several occasions, more recently after its tasteful refurbishment and the place has been transformed. It has a light and airy feel about it, the food is consistently of a high standard and a first class location, right by the sea. Not to be missed!

2  Thank seafood17
Reviewed 26 March 2009

We were visiting friends in Athens 3 years ago and they took us for the first time to Zafeiri Restaurant on the seafront just outside the hustle and bustle of Athens.
Ever since that day we have become regulars every time we visit Athens, which averages around 3- 4 times a year
The restaurant has been fully refurbished recently and has an airy and plush feel to it with splendid views. In the summer of course there is a great patio area bordering the waters edge
The food is fresh and tasty .The tray is presented to the table with the selection of salads and other Greek delicacies the waiter explains what everything is my favourite are the deep fried Cheese croquettes and the seafood risotto.
Staff are friendly and know the menu
Zafeiri has become or meeting point we always meet our friends when in Athens