“It is bad”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 November 2012

The food is not fresh and it is cheap. Really is. Everything is from the fridge and to the microwave. Sorry do not like the style. And please tell that lady not to always be so fake.

3  Thank Kostas H
There are newer reviews for Εl Τaco Βueno

Reviewed 25 August 2012

Athens is the Latest discovery. Full of life and awesome restaurants and bar. I didn't have yet the chance to review them, But i want to start With this gem that you can find in Halandri area: a delightful suburb in the north of Athens, plenty of bar and cafe ... And a really decent scenario. I know that this restaurant is not Greek. But it deserves some words. First of all the environment : a nice taverna with a very nice garden. If you go and eat during summer, ask for having a place outside.
When you get there you have a very friendly welcome by the maitre, Sula, a smiling lady whose suggestions are mandatory if you wanna enjoy the food. We had house salad: a big plate with grilled chichen, tomato, onion and a crispy pita inside . Basically a kind of huge Caesar salad. We had one salad in three and it was so huge that we barely finished it. Then chicken wings. Let me start by saying that I don't like Mexican food nor chicken wings. But I need to say that those chicken wings were excellent, tasty even without any sauce. I guess Sula marinates them but I couldn't say how. The result is a joy for the mouth.
Third plate was fajitas  with chicken and beans. Good but not as good as the previous meals. We ended with different kinds of margarita and an exquisite apple and cinnamon cake offered by Sula. The bill was surprisingly low : 15 euro each one. I recommend this place.

Reviewed 17 August 2012

mex backyard atmosphere. Food was ok. Chips could have been refilled for the prices. 26 euros for a chicken fajitas? Seriously? I got a bean burrito that was one of the cheapest things on the menu that was over 11 euros. Was refried beans. Didn't ask me if we wanted water and charged 2.40. I asked for hot sauce and charged me 2 euros. wow!

1  Thank PumpkinV
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I did not appreciate much the service, or the ambience at the Ethnikis Antistaseos street Taco Bueno, whereas at the other Taco Bueno on Aristotelous str. (both in Chalandri), we found food and service very good - a very friendly atmosphere as well.

Reviewed 24 September 2011

A friend of ours suggested we eat there. My husband and I figured that since we hadn’t been to a Mexican restaurant in years, it was time to do so. Unfortunately there was nothing Mexican about this place, the music was Mexican but that’s about it. Has anyone been to TGI Friday’s? Ruby Tuesday? It was exactly the same thing, exact same flavors and I’m betting the exact same ingredients. In other words Tex-Mex, not Mexican.

We sat in the garden which was… mmmm. Ok. The weather was nice and I must say the atmosphere was pleasant.

The staff was too polite (if that’s even possible), intrusive and quite annoying. Let me explain. We were asked at least 4 times during our 1 and half hour stay if everything was all right. We were quietly enjoying our salad when one of the waitresses asked us (very politely) if she could take a picture of us so that she could upload it on face book!!!! Before coming to us, she asked all the other guests who were eating, to strike a pose and make a particular facial expression, a funny face or a happy face so that everyone could see the wonderful time they were having!! Ridiculous! Of course we declined… politely.
She asked each and every person at each and every table to write their thoughts in a scrap book as well as their birth date and email address!!
Now, when I go to a restaurant, I go to enjoy the food and not waste my time taking photographs and handing out my email to strangers for promotion purposes.

There were 3 cats on the premises purring around our feet and under the tables. Love cats, just not when I’m eating in a restaurant.

The chairs were very uncomfortable, made of thatch and very small in size.

The margaritas that people keep mentioning were not margaritas, they were crushed ice, mixed with artificial lemon juice and a straw, in other words a sorbet of some sort and ohhhh you know what else was missing? The alcohol!!!

On to the food. The quantities were gigantic, just like in all Tex-Mex places. Great big plates filled with super sized steaks, frozen potatoes and all the fat and artificial flavors you can handle. We ordered the following between 3 people. 1 House special salad, 1 Fajita Burrito, 1 Smothered Fillet of Beef, 3 Margaritas, total paid €81,50. Very expensive. Although the portions were huge, the quality of the food was very poor. No Mexican flavor to be found, the food was not spicy at all, not one ingredient was fresh and the meat was so-so.
The only thing we really enjoyed was the Salad.

When you are seated, they bring you a small bowl of Doritos and a tomato dip. When you ask for the bill, they offer you a shot of that awful sorbet like imitation margarita. Nice touch, I like how some restaurants offer you something sweet or refreshing, but I would prefer to pay less for quality food than to be offered anything free of charge.

Would I go back? No, unfortunately I wouldn’t.

5  Thank marzgr