“Private secret Acropolis tour in Athens ”
Review of Greeking.me

Private Secret Acropolis Tour in Athens
Ranked #3 of 48 Food & Drink in Athens
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Greeking.me is a creative Greek travel agency that takes small groups on highly customized experiences with knowledgeable & fun field experts. We aim to show you the authentic Greek culture through unforgettable experiences in Crete! Greeking.me has been awarded as Exclusive Tour Operator of the Year by Luxury Travel Guide for featuring the best of Greece.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

‘Dafni’ - American spelling! - was our wonderful guide. She had our 19yo and 16yo completely engaged - as were we! - and all the stories were fascinating. Her knowledge of the history was of course superb - and her enthusiasm infectious.

Nikos T, Ιδιοκτήτης at Greeking.me, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Caroline,

It is wonderful to hear that you and your family enjoyed your tour with Dafni! Thank you so much for your lovely review and your kind words. The history of the city is truly inspiring and we would love to help you plan your next tour the next time that you’re in Greece!

Warmest regards,

"small group"
in 8 reviews
"interesting facts"

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had a great time with two tours with Greeking.me.

First was the walking foodie tour of Athens — we saw (and ate at) many small restaurants and shops and the Athens Central market. Our guide was super knowledgeable, patient with our questions, and was kind enough to send a summary of our tour with recipes. A fantastic way to introduce yourself to modern Greek culture (and it served as a foundation for the meals we had later on our trip).

The cooking lesson was equally fun and interesting, but completely different. Our guide welcomed our family into her home, where together — hands on — we made a complete Greek lunch (enough food for the whole day, really). She shared not just cooking knowledge but also stories behind the recipes and observations of Greek culture. We left eager to try to recreate these delightful dishes in our own home. Though not inexpensive, it was a better value than you might think given that we had an excellent (large) meal — and very fresh — on top of the excellent instruction.

I would recommend either of these tours very highly.

The administration of Greeking.me was very professional. Emails were answered promptly with clear instructions. They also assisted with other recommendations.

I was too busy eating and listening during the walking foodie tour to snap a lot of photos — we saw coffee roasting, Greek donuts, cheese, cold cuts, spices, the meat market, and more — and sampled all of the above (except for the coffee). I did include a few photos of the cooking class.

Enjoy!!

1  Thank davedadu

Dear Dave,

Thank you so much for your amazing review! It is great to hear that enjoyed trying the local dishes and later learned how to recreate the flavors during your cooking lesson. The pictures look absolutely delicious!

Our company strives to help you plan the best possible trip and is always available if you have any questions or concerns, we would love to help you place another tour the next time that you’re in Greece!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our family of 14 visited, Meteora, Rhodes and Athens in mid June. We were guided through most of it by Greeking.me. The trip was fantastic! Christina was amazing. She was always watching over us during the planning and while we were in Greece. There were very few mistakes on the trip and all of those happened when I did not involve Christina. Moreover, I was amazed at the cost. It really was not that much more than if I had done it all myself. And if I did it all myself I would have made so many mistakes and we would have been lost so many times. Thanks to Christina, Eva and all the others at Greeking me. You turned a great trip into the best of our lifetime, so far.

Dear David,

We are overjoyed to hear that we were able to help create a fantastic trip for you and your family! Thank you so much for choosing and trusting us, you were an absolute pleasure to communicate with throughout your stay.

Christina was delighted to meet you and to hear that this was a trip of a lifetime for you, we are truly honored!

We do hope to hear from you again when you are next in Greece!

All the best,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nikos T, Ιδιοκτήτης at Greeking.me, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago