All reviews great hotel swimming pool archaeological site within walking distance nice stay rooms are clean arrived late nice breakfast star hotel night stay hotel is located rooftop bar breakfast buffet is nice pool small gym family room bed was comfortable
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Clean rooms with good beds, the family room wasn't available so we got two adjacent rooms but unfortunately the doors between them were locked.
The garage is great, nice breakfast and good outside area by the poolside. Good place for a short stop when landing late in Athens and heading on the next day.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2018

The Elefsina Hotel is a rather large, well-kept building, which is easy to find but located in a less attractive residential area of the town.
The historical sites located near the sea can be reached on foot in about 30 minutes. In this area there is a pedestrian street with a number of restaurants.
We were given a free upgrade to a bright and friendly apartment with two balconies. However, it was quite loud when the window was open because of the traffic and a nearby pub.
All the expected furnishings were available apart from a kettle. The bathroom looked quite nice but surprisingly there were no tooth mugs.
A large TV set offered numerous programmes, including news channels such as CNN, BBC and Al Jazeera. The free Wi-Fi worked fast.
Reception at the front desk was correct and friendly.
Unfortunately, the quality of the breakfast did not meet the expectations placed in a 4-star hotel in any way. This was especially true for the warm dishes, e.g. the scrambled eggs.
In the quiet inner courtyard there was an attractive but unheated outdoor pool with comfortable deckchairs.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sumavax
Reviewed 13 April 2018

We stayed here for a night on a recent Greece road trip. It is a big hotel situated in a non-touristy area. Great underground parking. Breakfast was ok.

We were given 2 rooms for our family. 228 and 229. AC in room 228 was not working, but we ignored it. Both me and my wife woke up around 12:30 AM due to a loud banging noise that lasted 30 seconds. We both thought that there was someone banging on the door. I went out and checked and there was no one outside. The corridor lights were off and I hadn't seen anyone else on the floor.I then called the front desk after some time to report the noise. The guy at the desk told me that it must be an electrical overload and not to worry and if it happens again to call him. Sure enough it happened again after 30 minutes. So he came, opened the electrical panel and switched off a few breakers including the only working A/C. When I objected that we need at least one AC, else the rooms would be too stuffy, he put it back on and switched off some other breakers. After 30 minutes the sound happened again. He came and this time put the A/C off in the room and put it on in the other room! He said that its been a known load problem and this should fix it. We finally went to sleep at 3:30 AM.

Next morning while checking out, the reception staff was telling us that the patio door might not had been closed properly and blamed the night guy for not fixing it. No apology! Very disappointing experience.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Elias_Malassidis, Social Media Director at Elefsina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear Sir,

We are terribly sorry for any inconvenience during your stay with us.

All through the years, we have been doing our very best to offer a pleasant experience to our visitors. Sometimes, however, minor technical issues might impede this process. Preventing damage can be beyond one's capabilities.

We would like to apologize for any unexpected nuisance. Since we have been constantly making an effort to improve through your comments and remarks, we'd also like to thank you for your review.

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

January 8 2018, at 19:30 the lock to the door to my room was broke down. I came back tired from work, through 1,5 hours I couldn’t enter to my room, as part of the compensation I ordered 2 small beers in the restaurant but I had to pay for them during check out, fraud, I do not recommend this hotel

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 December 2017

Spent a great 10 weeks here whilst working in Elefsina area

Great hotel, Rooms very clean if you are here for a while i recommend getting a larger room.

Beds nice and comfortable, Everyone is generally friendly but this could also be said for the people of Greece and Elefsina town.

Restaurant well stocked for food but also only 10 minute walk into the centre of town for other restaurants

Local busses from Elefsina to Athens either the A16 or the 871 will take you to Aghia Marina where you can jump on the metro both prices are 1.40 but with the update in Athens transport you now need a card to use which i had to get in the Metro station.

Never had a problem with the hotel, Laundry service was also very quick. Breakfast has good options. There are a couple of stray dogs that sleep outside the hotel at night. They are quite placid so no cause for alarm.

There is a Gym onsite which is relatively small but has basic equipment

For me i loved staying here the only letdown i had is that if the hotel is busy which it normally is the wifi suffers badly and becomes unusable. This was my only gripe.

But the hotel is perfect and looking forward to coming back for another 8-10 weeks in January

Room Tip: go for the larger rooms if you can
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business