“I recomend”
Review of Hotel Argo Anita

Hotel Argo Anita
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Piraeus
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Hotel is very easily accesible by public transportation from airport and city and very near to the Pireaus port -- it is the main advantage. Rooms are relevant to price, breakfast is rich in choise. I were is this hotel 6 years ago and for me it was not a question what hotel to choose for recent trip as well I will stay in this hotel during my next trip :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Location, obviously, is nothing special. You're at a port but the hotel is very close to Piraeus Pier, only a short walk. Gorgeous if you have to be on board a ferry boat early in the morning.
From airport get on bus X96. Get off at DIMOTIKO bus stop. Take left, first right (there's a HSBC at the corner) and Argo Anita is on the third street on the right.
I slept here one night some years ago. It's completly renovated.
Rooms are quite spacious and comfortable.
In the bathroom you'll find soap and shower gel dispenser. There is no hair drier.
In our bedroom there was only one electrical outlet .
Staff is very kind. We checked in very late with no problems. In the morning they'll give you any usefull info.
Buffet breakfast starts at 6.00 and costs € 6,00 each.
Very reasonable price.

Room Tip: room 104 is a good one
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BUGI_70
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival, the staff told me and my friend they have upgraded our room although we only paid for the standard room.

As a result, the room we ended up with was really good. Spacious, clean and neat. Air conditioner was present and TV was there. They could have put more socket and put them in somewhere more accessible though.

All in all, it was an extreme bargain for the price paid. Though, there really is not much to do in Pireaus. So, this place is really ideal to rest up before boarding the ferry.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

This is a budget hotel. Rooms are extremely cheap and for the price they are good.

Bathrooms aren't spotless, but are useable!

Walls are fairly thin, but bearable!

The service however is next to none and staff went above and beyond to help!

Would happily stay again for the price!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

A friend and I stayed here for one night on our way to Santorini. We both really enjoyed our stay, it was close to everything including the port and the staff were helpful and friendly! I would recommend this place to anyone! We were even lucky enough to have a small balcony!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The hotel is very close to the port (10 - 15 mins walk) doable even with bags.
So it is convenient if going to the islands and it is cheap.
The rooms are neat and well kept. The room was cleaned everyday and fresh towels were placed.
Now the bad part: the walls are paper thin. I heard someone opening a plastic cover and I thought it was someone next to my bed but it was actually in another room. If they spoke or walked you would hear it as clear as someone next to you. Never experienced that in my years of travelling :D
The bed is a bit hard. The drinking glass was always placed up - which is a hygiene risk. The glass should always be placed facing down (now that's just me nit picking)

The breakfast is not worth the 6 euros, there is literally only cereals and bread. I would recommend going out to the many café's around the place.

The hotel staff are just lovely, always helpful and cheerful. They even pressed our clothes for free. They allowed me to take a conference call in their restaurant after hours. Always helped with our questions.
So a mixed bag but I would stay there again if it were just for a night for the convenience and the quality

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kiwi_traveller_Nick
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Tasos was great! If there is any problem, he will fix it. You can take the X96 bus from the airport for 5 Euros. This bus runs 24 hours a day. Buy your ticket at the booth outside the airport and board the bus, telling the driver you need to stop at Dimotiko. The ride is 40 minutes. You will see the HSBC bank on the corner. Walk up hill past HSBC bank, go two blocks, and Hotel Argo is on your right. There are GREAT shopping deals in Piraeus on shoes and clothes, and nice restaurants!

Room Tip: I was very happy with my room! Staff is friendly. Tasos, the manager is very professional. Try th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo