“Looked good, but bit grubby”
Review of Hotel Argo Anita

Hotel Argo Anita
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Piraeus
Wales
“Looked good, but bit grubby”
Reviewed 8 June 2009

The Hotel was well located for access to the port (you could walk there in less than 5 mins), and they also offer a bus service to the terminal you require - which is great because the port is utterly confusing! You can buy ferry tickets at the hotel & the staff are very knowledgeable about routes & timetables.

The bar/restaurant is open late, which was a blessing for us arriving at 11pm and leaving again at 6am.

The room was small but adequate. It was very funky (big printed wallpaper, bright colours & modern furniture) so great for younger travellers, but it wasn't very clean (hair gathered up under the footstool, empty packaging left in drawers). We also had to specifically ask for the air con to be turned on in our room, but once it was on it was v good. We weren't disturbed by any noise as previous reviewers have mentioned

The hotel was very cheap and served our purpose well - literally just need a bed inbetween our plane landing & jumping on a ferry! Given that Piraeus is hardly a holiday destination & more of a stop-over point for many travellers I would recommend this hotel purely for price & location for budget travellers. Save your fancy hotel money for a lovely island instead :-)

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
tualatin, or
Reviewed 24 May 2008

The Argo hotel was our least favorite hotel from our Greek trip.

The positives:
- The rooms were clean
- They will put up ferry tickets from you at the main desk and there is a shuttle to the ferry if you buy their breakfast.
- The folks at the front desk were nice.

The negatives
- Bathroom: There is no fan or window. The door is an accordian type door. No privacy.
- The walls are paper thin. We didn't sleep much. Our neighbors were talking in a normal tone and it was like they were in our room.
- Small showers (common to most Greek hotels except for a few).

• Liked — It is a good place to stay if you are planning on catching a morning ferry
  • Disliked — The bathroom
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Piraeus hotels

Athens
Reviewed 10 January 2008

To start with, there was a very easy and quick way to book through the
hotel's website. I received a confrmation e-mail the next minute, along with directions on how to find the place.

The moment I arrived I got lost in Piraeus due to the Xmas' pandaimonium of shopping, but I called the hotel to ask for directions
and they sent somebody right away to pick me up.

When we got there they had already opened the air-condition in my room
to make me feel more confortable and they helped me with my suitcases.

The room was cozy and cute with a little balcony and an "all in the right place" bathroom.

The Christmas decoration was fantastic. The reception desk was all shinning with christmas lights and coloured ornaments.

The stuff was always welcoming, 24/7 somebody was there to answer your
questions on the reception.

Another plus was that the hotel was located right in the centre of Piraeus, so you could easily go shopping on foot, have fun in clubs or
cafes or have dinner with a view to the port.

Stayed December 2007
3 Thank Anastrianna
Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed 22 August 2007

Stayed one night at the Anita Hotel on our way to Aghia Marina. I can honestly say the hotel is great value for money if you wish to have overnight accommodation. Staff were nice and helpful, food was available in the bar on our late arrival. The room was nice and clean and the breakfast was great with a wide variety of cereals, fresh juice, teas coffee, toast, meats, rolls, etc. We will definitely stay over again on our journed to Aegina,

• Liked — Value for money for a night stayover whilst awaiting ferry
  • Disliked — No great view from the window, but we only stayed 1 night
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank MazThom
Cheltenham
Reviewed 13 August 2007

Well, I've traveled around Europe a lot with my job for 6 years and normally stay in 3* hotels.

Not sure I fully agree with other travelers comments about this hotel. Athens is OK in parts but I've always struggled in Piraeus, it is a rough part of town and not good as a base!

Anyhow the Argo (joined to the Anita Hotel) is an excellent stop over from airport to catch an early ferry.

To the physical hotel, the room was dated but linen and bed were good, the bathroom small but functional, the air conditioning could be switched on if you telephoned reception. When we booked in a lot of folks turned up behind us who had pre-booked but with only one guy on the desk people were getting a bit fed up, the Hotel could smarten their act up on that point (or perhaps call ahead and let him know you'll be there in 45 mins so they could prepare the bill) The thing that makes me write this is the attention given to the customer. Our flight was delayed and so we arrived late at 01:45 to catch a ferry at 07:30

I didn't realise nor had I seen it on their web but breakfast started at 06:00 and there was free transport direct to Gate E7& E8 (Cyclades ferries) which left at 06:30 with us on it, we've got young kids so it saved the 10 min walk and we also managed a quick meal and drinks. I was impressed with value for money + customer forthought with this place and would definitely stay their again.
Mat Beach

• Liked — Early breakfast and free taxi to port
  • Disliked — This is not a hotel to stay at to view the city
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank matbeach
Albufeira, Portugal
Reviewed 14 June 2007

Argo hotel is a nice hotel to stay for one night. We stayed there when we come from Mykonos, because the next morning we were going to catch the plain.
The room had a 'strange' decoration! All pink! :) The nicest thing was the balcony... Very big with an open view.
We stayed there just for one night, so, didn't talk very much with the personal, but we have no complains.
The location is near the port and that's why we choose it. Not expensive.

• Liked — The balcony
  • Disliked — The room (decoration)
  • Stayed June 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Jorge G
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 11 June 2007

I passed one night in Hotel Argo last week: I found it on the Internet, looking for a location near the port cause I had a ship early in the morning.
The hotel is actually near to the ship docking, but it was not a very good choice. The room was small and dreary, the bathroom was clean but restricted; the window overlooked a dirty and narrow court.
But the incredible was that the bad was not ready: under the bedspread I found the sheets folded, so I had to make the bed myself!
The staff was rough enough, and the breakfast wasn't worth the 8,00 euros I payed.

The only reasons you should stay in Argo hotel:
1. the short distance from the port: 15 minutes on foot, but the hotel has a private bus service, even early in the morning (my ship was leaving al 7:20 am)
2. there is a bus direct from the airport, X96; it costs 3,20 and the bus stop is called "dimotiko", in 5 minutes you can reach the hotel walking (pay attention: on the hotel website it is written that the hotel is 20 minutes far from the airport. Really, it is 60 minutes far!)
3. the hotel is cheap (50,00 for a double, 35,00 a single).
Sincerely, I don't see other reasons to pass a night in such a hovel.

• Liked — ....????
  • Disliked — the location
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled on business