Savoy Hotel
US$91
US$71
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Piraeus Port Hotel(Piraeus)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$91
  • Restaurant
Hotel Anemoni(Piraeus)(Great Value!)
US$70
Faros 1 Hotel(Piraeus)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$55
  • Restaurant
Phidias Piraeus Hotel(Piraeus)(Great Value!)
US$605
US$82
Lilia Hotel(Piraeus)
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsfresh orange juicean updatelocal hospitalenjoyed my stayvisiting athensbreakfast buffetnice stayby footperfect choicecomfy bedhotel staffnice breakfastexcellent locationminute walkclean hotelthe busport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 October 2010

I was immediately disappointed when the taxi let me out. The hotel is situated on a major, busy, noisy street in Piraeus. I entered the lobby area, which was OK. The front desk lady was abrupt and barely helpful. Then I found the room... unbelievable! The hallway on my floor is so dark I almost needed to light a match to find the room. The room has no more light in it than the hallway. It is furnished with a cheap looking bed, metal folding chairs, a tiny TV mounted high on the wall, and a tiny desk that I could barely get my legs under. The bathroom is tiny and from another era. If I had a choice I would have immediately left this hotel and gone elsewhere... ANYWHERE... but the company prepaid for this room, so I'm stuck. One of the worst hotel rooms I've ever been in... PERIOD!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank max88s
Savoy-Hotel, Manager at Savoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2010

Dear Max88s,
Thank you for your criticism which I must say it is unfair.
About the location of the hotel there is not much we can do. We are a business, city hotel, located in the center of Piraeus which to other people this is an advantage.
In our thirty years of operation we NEVER had a complaint about our lighting.
The floors have 13 lamps leading to the rooms and the room itself has four 100 watt lamps.
(One in the hallway, two by the bed, and one centrally located in the room)
About the furniture I can only say that we believe they are discreet and comfortable and we DO not have metal folding chairs, maybe you are referring to the suitcase stand which is as you describe.
Our bathrooms are newly renovated and have tried to make the most of it.
We do know what we offer and our room prices are adjusted accordingly.
I do believe that your review was very bitter and very unfair especially when you did not come to me so I would have made sure that you would have had a comfortable stay one way or another.
Having said the above I assure you that all the reviews are noted and we do our best to improve wherever that is needed.

Reviewed 20 October 2009

We stayed 2 nights before our cruise and one returning, at this hotel. This friendly hotel has clean rooms, pleasant and helpful staff, especially Mr. Nickolaos Nickoloudakis, reasonable rate, good and plentiful breakfast. It's close to the passenger port. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank curi0ust00
Reviewed 13 October 2009

An agent at the airport reserved this hotel for us and told us it was a 4-star, which it is not. We paid 140 euros for a room that was clean and had a large comfortable bed, but was depressing and old. Dim lights, tired furniture, bathroom in need of renovations. You expect a lot better for that price!
The buffet breakfast was good.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2007

I stayed in this hotel one night in Sept 2007. Although the hotel has its good points, I wouldn’t choose to stay here again unless I had no other choices.

Positives:
– The hotel is convenient to the port (its main positive). It is a fairly short walk (10 min or so) to the closest gate, but to the more distant gates it’s more like 20-25 minutes, which with a lot of luggage could be a problem.
– The hot water temperature and pressure in the shower were both fine.
– The beds were firm but comfortable for me, and the bed was very clean.
– The room size was reasonable (I was in a single).
– The hotel accommodated my little group on very short notice, when our ferry was cancelled and most other hotels in Athens were full.
– The public bus to/from downtown Athens stops right outside the front door, which was convenient. (This bus was VERY crowded on a Saturday night coming from downtown Athens, though.)

Other factors/negatives:

– The rooms were very basic and on the older side, with a bed, some storage, and a TV, and not much more.
– The A/C functioned, more or less, but was not as cold as I would have liked.
– I had a balcony facing the main road, which meant a fair amount of street noise.
– My shower door didn’t fully close, which meant water everywhere.

Summary:
The Hotel Savoy isn’t a dive or a fleapit, but there are much nicer places in the Athens area. I would only stay here again if I had an early ferry to catch or couldn’t find a room elsewhere.

Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank velevele
Savoy-Hotel, public relations manager at Savoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2008

We are a city hotel and we are doing our best to make our customers stay as comfortabel as possible
We thank you for your nice comments but mainly we are grateful for your negative ones because we will do our best to improve where as much as possible.

Reviewed 19 June 2007

Never again, what a rip off, small cramped rooms no air con and the cheek to charge over 100 euros, so i'd advise against it at all costs

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank tobytheboxer

We are in the market as a hotel business since 1978 and we are still here providing our best possible service and respect to all our customers and surely we did not go through all this years by "ripping off" customers.
The facilities of our city hotel, are listed with all honesty, on our web site and in numerous travel sites all over the internet so are our prices.
We accept complaints face to face and be sure we do give the best possible solutions in favour of our customers.