“Great value and friendly staff”
Review of Lilia Hotel

Lilia Hotel
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Piraeus
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Again stopped there prior to catching ferry to Paros. Room small but very clean and has everything you need. Staff extremely friendly and helpful with anything you need. Taxi to and from port is the best way to go, cheap and cuts out the problems associated with finding hotel and carting bags.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
There are newer reviews for Lilia Hotel

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed here last night before sailing to Paros. As other visitors have commented, it is a bit tricky to find first time being up a back street. But in fact it is ideally situated as at the end of the road is the pretty harbour with nice bars and restaurants with lovely views.The boats to the islands are a bit further around but walkable from the hotel, although with a 7.30 a.m sailing and heavy backpacks we got a taxi. Only 5 euros.The hotel itself is basic but clean and the staff are friendly. Wouldnt want to spend a fortnight here as rooms are small(well ours was) but its great for a night or two.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We spent two nights here after a cycling holiday in the Peloponnese and we were allowed to keep our bikes indoors (thanks!). The staff were friendly, the room was clean and the breakfast was good. The room was simply equipped with a small balcony and no view, but we were only in it for sleeping at night so it was perfectly adequate. Zeas is a long street and the hotel is at the quiet marina end, which is just a short walk away. The port itself and the stations (main line and metro) are about 15-20 minutes walk away. The centre of Athens is about 15 minutes on the metro. We got an excellent rate for a city hotel and would stay here again, particularly if taking a ferry to the islands.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Nice hotel ,pet friendly, clean room, low price. Everything I needed. It is close to Piareus center of events. Parking is on the street but free. Excelent value. I will visit again when I visit Athens.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I read a lot of the reviews before I booked and felt some of the stuff people complained about I could live with. I have to keep in mind the standards of European and US hotels are diff. So I'm only comparing to other hotels I have stayed at outside the US.
I feel the location was very good, only a couple blocks from the harbor, shops, places to eat. It was close enough to Athens I was cool with that also about 10 euros by cab. I would have taken bus but my luck I would get lost. heck I get lost here in the US taking buses.
The staff was very friendly and helpful with everything I needed. I should have got his name but a younger guy helped me call a travel company(Key Tours) to confirm pickups etc, which was very helpful and am greatful less things to worry about.
The rooms are small but the bed was very comfy, tv, ac which was nice since I like it a bit cooler. I used the Fridge a lot for all the Coke/water from the nearby store.
The breakfast was good, I had my normal diet coke like I always do along with some meat/cheeses, buns with jelly. They had fruit, cereal, milk/juices.
One negative although not a big deal, you have to turn your key in anytime you leave. Advantages and disadvantages of that.
I would stay here again if I ever am in Greece. I love to travel and inspire people to travel. Checkout my travel page on fb=Duano's Travel-Picture Expeditions

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This is a not so easy to find hotel a good 20 mins walk away from the Metro station and port in Pireaus on a non-descript back street. The rooms are very basic (2* quality) and there is a view of nothing on either side. Although clean it's almost impossible to sleep due to paper thin walls and with people coming and going at all hours there is no peace to be had. Breakfast is offered but the milk I was given with my coffee had gone off so I kind of lost my appetite. Fine for a one-night stopover I guess but wouldn't recommend it for anything else.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ianjmorley
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I can only recommend - nice room, nice people.. (y) I can only recommend - nice room, nice people.. (y) I can only recommend - nice room, nice people.. (y) I can only recommend - nice room, nice people.. (y)

Room Tip: Rooms are smaller but nice. With large terrace...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends