“Waiting for the ferry”
Review of Delfini Hotel

Delfini Hotel
Ranked #25 of 27 Hotels in Piraeus
Reviewed 14 July 2012 via mobile

We ended up in this hotel because we assumed we could book the ferry the morning of our travel. The boats were booked solid so we ended up renting this room to avoid the heat while we waited for the afternoon ferry.

We were charged 30e to spend 6 hours in the room. The room was crammed with 3 beds, all of which with lousy mattresses. We found bugs on the beds. No TV in the room, the wifi was so slow google timed out.

The hallways were stinky and full of junk.

We would avoid this place if we had to do it again.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank JohnsEcho

Reviewed 18 June 2012

book here only if you are traveling early in the morning to cyclades, it is not worth it. noisy unclean rooms, so small you cant even walk past the beds to open the window, have to climb over them. rooms are not even being cleaned during your stay, was left without any water at all for 3 days, i know it was an area damage but i found out from the news, they weren.t even kind enough to explain, only rudly shouting don't know when there will be any water, not even to mention any complimentary breakfast or free late check out for the inconvinience. bad pillows and linnen, bad mattraces bad everything

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eleni r
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This hotel is in desperate need of upgrading.

The rooms are tiny and ancient. The beds uncomfortable and nowhere near restaurants to eat. The only good thing here is it is perfect to get up at a reasonable time to catch the early morning ferries rather than traipsing out from Athens.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank tumbuna
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We spent one night here, arrived in Piraeus at 6pm and had to wake up at 6am to catch a ferry the next morning, in this regard the hotel is perfectly located, you literally walk out the door turn right, cross the street and you are at the ferry port!
(Just a quick bit of advice, to get to Piraeus from Athens airport you catch the x96 and it takes about an hour- hour 15mins and we just asked the bus driver when to depart! easy as)
The private bathroom was clean and had warm water, just a shower which was hard to use without wetting the floor but nothing you cant handle.
The room and bathroom were both clean just the water spraying out of the shower caused issues. The man wokring at the fronbt desk didnt seem to know much about the area (e.g where to eat, where a blue star ferry office was located) but did let us use teh internet in the common room which was actually shut because it was low season.
The only real issue was the walls seemed thin/maybe directly connected our bathroom to theirs? so if your neighbours are noisy you wont sleep well, and (we did notfiy the front desk of the following when we left) there was the sound of rushing water through pipes, all, night ,long! It was a sound similar to a shower running in the room next to you and meant our sleep was greatly disturbed.
Would stay here again for a night, but sleep effected too much to stay here for longer.

Room Tip: We had a double room with a private bathroom, it had a samll balcony also.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Great location for the early morning ferry to Naxos and Santorini
Very helpful reception Arranged to do our bag of laundry at 7pm for only 5Euros and we collected it the next morning at 630am
The beds were a little uncomfortable
The price was great value

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stayed at Delfini twice, first time, an overnight stay enroute from Chania and with an early next day ferry to Santorini. This hotel is EXACTLY infront of Gate E7 and E8 where the ferries to Naxos, Paros, Ios and Santorini are located. You just cross the road and the ferries are there. The hotel is very practical, my room was very spacious, with a private balcony. I was a bit scared of the reviews but nonetheless I found the hotel surprisingly pleasant. My room didn't smell like cigarette. My carpet is clean, the toilet and bath are spotless and I have my own fridge (which was convenient since I bought a lot of Cretan cheese). I decided, despite my Pasalimani hotel warning me about the area, to spend my last 6 days in Greece in this hotel. I have no regrets. The hotel is only 2 blocks, about 50 meters away from Piraeus Metro which is VERY convenient for going around Athens. The bus stops are just outside of Piraeus Metro or across the street. There's is also a tram infront of Piraeus Metro. Even better, the X96 Piraeus to Airport Bus is located just ACROSS the hotel beside the Gate E7. The reception staff are very helpful, accommodating and knowledgeable about ferry schedules and the hop-on-hop-off bus. I requested for a double bed and the reception/manager upgraded me free to a honeymoon suite.The area is safe, contrary to write-ups. I always go out at night and catch the last Metro back to Piraeus and walk back to my hotel without any prostitutes or drug pushers along the alley (unlike in Omonia). There is always parking infront of the hotel which is convenient for my Greek friends when they pick me up. They offer breakfast at the common area. The staffs Monica and Yanna are so sweet and very accommodating. Monica specially makes me my favorite FRAPPE free of charge. Internet is available in some rooms but if you need wifi, the common area is very comfortable. There's a cheap and yummy gyro store 2 blocks away, and a nice taverna about 10m. It's near the post office and the clothes store in Piraeus. The price is very reasonable. I would recommend this hotel and stay here again when I return to Greece.

Room Tip: I got room 45, it's a double room on the 6th floor. There's intermittent wifi in this area...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Stayed there for a night in mid March and payed 45 euros excluded breakfast! I didn't mind the location so much but ok, the area was safe. The room was big enough but the seeds were dirty, the mattress was terrible and the overall quality low! I had to wake up early because of the noisy environment and an excited couple(!). Behavior of personnel was typical. I 'd never stay there again for that price. 25 or 30 euros for the single room would be the right price!

• Stayed: March 2012