Returned yesterday with my family from 2 weeks at the Mitsis Laguna Resort & Spa Hotel and what a great time we had.
To dispell a few myths I read on here before we went away:
a) Pool Towels and sunloungers. At the start of out holiday, this was a major problem and found myself having to get up at stupid-o-clock to get sunbeds, but guess what? As soon as other Brits started to fly home to get kids to school, guess what? Loungers became available! This is a problem created by us Brits so to blame other nationalities or the hotel is ridiculous. If we were all sensible we would all enjoy our holiday a lot more.
b) Food. Meals at the A-La-Carte restaurants were superb. In the main restaurant I wouldn't call the food repetitive as there were enough main courses to vary your choices. I'm assuming those who think the food is repetitive may be a tad fussy?
The hotel, even when full, never feels overcrowded so there's not that sense of continuously walking past people and feeling claustrophobic, which is key for me. The hotel staff were all extremely friendly and some (already mentioned on other posts) go out of their way to make you feel welcome and a valued guest. The entertainment was... entertaining! The rooms were always clean, modern fittings with a hint of antiquity which was charming. Loved the large walk-in shower!
Would def recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an all inclusive holiday looking for peace & quiet yet if you like activities in the day/evening, you can find these here too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Laguna Resort & Spa, a member of Mitsis Premium Collection, started its operation on May 1st, 2011. The hotel’s excellent facilities along with its well-trained and passionate personnel have well established Mitsis Laguna Resort & Spa on the island of Crete. The hotel offers a wide variety of services carefully designed and managed by professionals to meet guests’ highest expectations. The golden colour of our front office desk, the handmade furnishing and the stylish decoration of the Lobby, together with our warmest welcome is where the unforgettable holidays begin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mitsis Laguna Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Laguna Hotel Anissaras
- Mitsis Laguna Resort & Spa Crete/Anissaras