Just returned from a fantastic week at the Laguna resort hotel. Rooms beautiful, clean towels every day, the hotel is spotlessly clean, the food in the main restaurant is very good in quality and variety. Yes, you have to pre-book for the Cretan, Italian, Mexican, Sushi, and Asian restaurants at the reception (ideally in the morning). You can make 1 booking each day for either lunch or dinner. The earliest booking we could get was 2 days in advance, after that, we ate there every day.The pool bar serves tea, coffee, beer and soft drinks however if you prefer something stronger you can go into the main hotel bar for other drinks, they will serve your drink in a plastic cup if you are taking to the pool area (very sensible). The pool side bar also serves delicious fresh crepes, waffles, with various fillings, cakes and ice creams. All of the staff were fantastic and looked after us very, very well. We put towels out for the sunbeds on our way to breakfast at about 9am and never had any problems. The evening entertainment in the main bar was occasional but that suited us. The cocktail and champagne bars are very good.
Overall an enjoyable holiday. Some people will always find something to complain about, but on the whole this is a great hotel!. But i can imagine it is very busy in July and August. The hotel is great for a relaxing holiday, but would not suit those looking for a busy night life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LAGUNA RESORT & SPA lies on the beach of Anissaras in the area of Hersonissos in Crete. It is a majestic and luxurious 5-star hotel with a state of the art Wellness Spa that provides premium service. Guest accommodation includes 351 luxurious rooms, consisting of 180 bungalows (34 of which shape a small island, surrounded by a lake and the rest are family bungalows), 90 beautiful sea view and garden view rooms, 79 superior rooms in the main building, and 2 presidential suites with a private pool for each. A number of infrastructures and facilities such as meeting rooms, tennis courts, beach volley, mini soccer court, gym, 3 seawater swimming pools, a kid’s pool, water slides etc. make the hotel an entertainment paradise for guests of all ages. The hotel places great importance on high quality gastronomy, as guests can try various gastronomic selections in the resort’s 7 restaurants and 4 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your Mitsis Laguna Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Laguna Hotel Anissaras
- Mitsis Laguna Resort & Spa Crete/Anissaras