“Lovely Laguna!” 5 of 5 bubbles

wales
“Lovely Laguna!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

First visit to Crete
This hotel made our holiday soo special
Friendly courteous Greek hospitality from the Manager down to the room cleaner
Best AI we have ever been to
Yummy food aww those crepes and ice creams from the pool bar!
Check out the spa and therapies if you can get up from the very comfortable sun beds
Shingle beach with turquoise blue sea
Plenty of evening entertainment
We went low key listening to the serenades on the terrace
Enjoyed good company from other guests - never made it to the champagne bar!
Spacious clean room very comfortable beds and I am fussy with regards to sleeping facilities - no complaints
Minibar in room replenished daily at no extra charge
All in all a great place to chill mull and recharge your batteries
Shower and toilet facilities by the pool could do with an upgrade
Pretty gardens well maintained making the 5 mins walk to the beach all the more enjoyable

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank writerWales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here in June 2014 and had an amazing time. The food was delicious especially the Cretan restaurant, the pool and sunbeds are attractive and comfortable. We got plenty of use out of the creperie, pool bar and icecream stand and the staff were friendly, helpful and professional.The drinks and cocktails are good but the champagne bar served the best drinks. We had the perfect holiday at Mitsis Laguna and would definitely go again!

6 Thank R K
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Mitsis Laguna from 10th-20th June and felt slightly sad we didn't book for longer! Got major holiday blues leaving here.

ROOMS

We had paid for a sea view room and like most expected to open our balcony door to the sea in front of us, this was not the case. We arrived on a night flight but could see straight away that on one side was construction work and the other side was the main hotel area, it was only if you craned your neck over the balcony and looked to the left could you see the sea. (Room 923 Block Rose). We went straight down to reception to complain and on our travels noticed at least 3 others complaining about the same thing, receptionist was really rude with me and cut me off whilst I was trying to explain our room, his reply was 'we don't have any more sea rooms to move you to'. I know the other people who complained had nothing resolved either as we kept them as neighbours for the remainder of the holidays. This is something I have wrote to Thomas Cook about HOWEVER in spite of this blip the rooms are lovely and spacious. Beware that the maids don't really do a great clean of the room, normally just made beds, changed towels and toilet paper and refilled mini fridge (2 x Pepsi, 2 x Water, 2 x 7 up, 2 x watermelon drink, 2 x fanta lemon drink and 2 x beer), this wasn't a major issue for us but we picked up at the end of our trip the bathroom was looking in need of a good bleach!!

FOOD/RESTAURANTS

Food was lovely here in the main restaurant and in the other restaurants (Asian, Italian, Mexican, Cretan and Sushi). We tried all bar Sushi and Cretan. Favourite was definitely the Asian! Absolutely lovely however everything was quite salty so if you are a salt lover I would try the food first before you go sprinkling it all over. You have to book in advance at Reception which was very straight forward didn't have to wait long. You can book in for dinner time or tea time depending on what you fancy (you don't have to book for dinner in Sushi you can just turn up). When at the individual restaurants you get a welcome meal, starter, main and desert. You can order AS MUCH as you want, we would normally order 3 mains to try between two of us. Main restaurant was lovely too however if it wasn't for the separate restaurants I could see myself getting bored but this happens with most all inclusive if you are staying longer for 7 days. I also noticed the water served with meals had a salty after taste, I asked if it was tap or bottle and they said bottle on one occasion then tap another so I steered clear of this to save myself an upset tummy. As most have already mentioned there is a pancake and waffle bar which sell sweet and savoury pancakes! They didn't give us a menu when we went so make sure you ask to benefit from everything there. Also sell cakes which are lovely too.

ALCOHOL

Champagne bar on top floor of hotel which is lovely, we would always time our visit here so we could drink a Bellini and watch the sun set over the sea. Staff were great always making us sit and bringing drinks out to us, all of the cocktails were lovely except one which had a lot of vodka in! On the middle floor is another bar and where the entertainment normally was. Cocktails were quite strong but took a liking to 'Cherry Fizz'. Didn't ask for any spirits but my partner did ask for a Disarrono and he said it tasted like fairy up liquid (slight exaggeration I expect). We mainly stuck to beer and wine which was very nice! I don't normally enjoy wine abroad but the Rose was fab and we would always drink a bit more than we probably should have with dinner ha!

POOL & SUNBEDS

Pool was salt water and very cold in the morning, heated up towards the end of the day. Wasn't a 'deep end' which I liked, you could walk from one end to the other. We always sunbathed in the main pool, however I know people we met said there were other pools in the hotel we never tried them. Sunbeds were really comfy and at the start of our holiday we would always find two in a nice spot, towards the end of June however it got a lot busier and I noticed many people would have put their towels down and gone back to bed. Sometimes beds were occupied with towels for hours and nobody ever came back to them, think this is a problem in every single hotel you go to though.

BEACH

Just over the road from the hotel it is a stone beach so painful to walk on without flip flops!! But it is a change to the pool and was never really packed where we sat so we always felt we had the beach to ourselves. Pedlo boats are free with the hotel so we had a go on one of those which was fun. We noticed there was also jet ski's, parasailing etc should you wish to try that, I didn't check prices. There were sunbeds on the beach but we always chose to sit away from everyone on our towels :)

HOTEL AMENITIES

Wi-Fi is chargeable and is 9 euro for one day. You can buy longer day packages but not sure how much. We only ever bought one day. The sitting area outside the main restaurant is where you can get free Wi-Fi, you will notice everyone congregates in this area with all sorts of gadgets! There is a jewellery shop, bag shop, fur coat shop (bizarre) and a mini supermarket on the same floor. Supermarket was great we bought litres of water from here and was all cheap enough. There is a 24 hour doctor on call as well which I discovered when I fell ill with sun stroke, he was lovely and spoke to me over the phone at 2am in the morning. I expect if your case was severe enough he would come to the hotel. (Doctors office is next to supermarket).

ENTERTAINMENT

We know from speaking to other people the children's entertainment went on until quite late and there was some sort of theatre where they did shows. We were lucky enough to meet a great bunch of people so most nights we all sat and drank together and made our own entertainment. On the middle floor bar there was sometimes a pianist, and one night there were opera singers. Quite rubbish really but we always enjoyed our nights due to the people we met.

HERSONISSOS TOWN

We went here for a nose and it was a nice day. 7 euro there in a taxi which you can order from reception. Has lovely restaurants all along the sea front. Nice bars too. Here you can book excursions which I would advise as the Thomas Cook reps were useless and they charge you slightly more for the same trips. There is also an ATM machine just a short walk from the Mcdonalds. You can also access two other beaches in town should you wish for a change of scenery.

STAFF

Most were lovely but there were the odd staff member who were really miserable and rude. Not sure if I was being paranoid but I noticed they were very friendly with other people but as soon as they noticed we were British they changed their attitude slightly. This didn't affect my holiday as I suppose I would be miserable too working whilst everyone on their hols!

All in all I would say this is definitely a 5 star hotel. Yes there were small things I would change if it were up to me but everyone's taste is different. I would definitely go back here. Loved it :)

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
13 Thank SadeH83
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 7 nights and i have to say it was a great experience. It looks even better than on photos especially at night when all the lights are on. Staff is very friendly and happy to help. Restaurant works like a swiss watch :-) only one time we had to wait about 2 minutes for a table but that was because we arrived quite late. Apart from that no hassle at all.
All members of staff had big smile on their faces and they were always there if U need them. Food was great and there is LOADS of it. Italian restaurant is exceptional i haven't tied any other themed restaurants but this one is definitely worth mentioning. Rooms are very comfortable and spacious. Air con worked without any problems, fridge is filled up with drinks and water every day. Room service could do with a small improvement but it didn't bother me as much. Good size swimming pool but a bit shallow 1,40 m in deepest place. To me location is perfect, no noisy clubs or pubs etc. If U want to go somewhere there is plenty of places to hire a quad bike, scooter,buggy or car few minutes walk away. I would recommend taking a road train tour. Its 10€ per person and it goes round surrounding towns and villages. U can get off it and stop for lunch or dinner and get back on next one on the same ticket. Village of Old Hersonisos is a must. Plenty of gift shops and taverns with grat food. Tavern Margo i fantastic with great food vand very reasonably priced.
Over all I would definitely recomend this Hotel.

4 Thank M4RT1N2014
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as a young couple in early June. The hotel itself if absolutely stunning, pools, rooms, reception area are all gorgeous. However we found that the facilities didn't match up to the decor ... the buffet is poor, for breakfast, lunch & dinner not a lot of variety and we found you have to be there as soon as the buffet started to get anything decent.
The bars are nice - but was disappointed that there is no spirits in the pool bar, soft drinks beer or wine only, the same goes for the a la carte restaurants - I was surprised there have been no reviews about this before as I would expect, spirits, cocktails etc as part of all inclusive!
We found ourselves eating and drinking out in Hersonissos town often, I would highly recommend eatting there as it is very reasonable and only 7€ in a taxi. The all day and all night (open until midnight) bars in the hotel are very boring - no music, no atmosphere, no nothing!
The pools are lovely as are the rooms - perfect for relaxing.

Would be a perfect hotel for self catering!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Charlotteandtom
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Overall the staff is very, very friendly (reception, restaurants, champagne bar, coffee bar etc etc). Animiation girls Evelina and Chakira outstanding; like real kameleons they adapt to any guest, but again, this goes for most of the employees.
Resort is very clean, food is very good and... there's plenty! No long waiting time (june).
I visited the gym 7 times in my 15 day layover, however, the gym is very outdated; the running machine is just placed inside the inside-pool-area, so without any running fans or aircon. On top of that one pays €10- for each visit to this area with outdated equipment (even though you pay for an all-inclusive formula).
The setup of the hotel is nice, as it facilitates a pool for kids in a seperate area; if you are looking for rest without anoying boom-boom-music the entire day and screaming children, the pool in the middle is yours! There are 3 pools in total, lots of sunbeds.
Minor detail: air traffic can be frequent, as the aicrafts travel with gear down and close to final flaps at 1500ft over the hotel, but then again, the resorts next to Mitsis suffer of the same noise levels, all due to poor ATC radar vectoring; as shame.
World Cup football can be seen in the conference room (beamer).
Free wifi is available but very slow; best times to open your email or check your facebook would be in the coffee-bar an hour after breakfast closes.
One extremely nice young cat that stole our hearts (see picture). His favourite is chicken :-)
The privat beach is narrow, but quite okay; the road alongside it hardly sees any traffic.
Nice hint: take the boat to Santorini and have 1 night overthere: breathtaking sunset and very pitoresque villages (like Oja).
Mitsis Laguna is a very comfy place to stay, nice employees all over the place.

Room Tip: We had room 424, alongside the beachroad with a balcony; nice seaview.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank kip757
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Just back from a weeks hoilday. went on the 3rd of June for 1 week, 4 young adults. Hotel was lovely staff very helpful and friendly, the choice of foods was excellent, the other 5 resturants you can eat in however you have to book, we had no problem at all getting in at times we wanted and even if we forgot to book we just went down and asked if they would fit us in and always made room for us, food in the a la carte resturants was by far the best you got exsactly what you wanted and more if needed.
Sunbeds?? never had an issue with them wouldnt llke to go in the peak as I can see it being a problem. very comfy.
Even know there was a kids we never noticed it.
Champage bar was worth every penny, just kept getting your glass replaced when empty could not fault much about this hotel.
Maid service was the only thing that would be improved on, only really changed towels and maid the beds up didnt do much cleaing or tidying up, but still not enough that it bothered us or even to complain about it.
beach....... well this lets the hotel down alot as the beach is not really a beach, it is right across the road but more like gravel than sand, still plently of sunbeds on it if you wanted to go down just ashame that it wasnt really sand.
overall this hoilday was excellent and will defo go back. the small things were very small as the good things about the hotel made you forget about the minor things.

1 Thank Fiona D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anissaras
Stella Palace Resort & Spa
Kiani Beach Resort
Kiani Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Kalami
Mitsis Rinela Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Mitsis Laguna Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!