We (Family of 4) were excited to visit Crete and relax for a week. When we go there at around 9:30 in the evening, the very nice reception staff told us to go to the restaurant before checking in as they were about to close soon and so we did. But one of the waiters was not too happy to see us and when I asked him for wine he said they were closed! so I asked another waitress for wine and she told him and he did bring the wine but told me off! So I told him to do his job and let us get along with our 1 week £3500 holiday!
Back to reception room to check in and we were told the sea view room that we had paid for was not available so we were sent to a family room that could not be any further to the restaurant and the main swimming pool.
The food and service was generally OK but one day we left at 8:00 in the morning to go to Santorini island (again 400 Euros which I dont think it was worth) we got back at 10.00 PM and noticed that the toilet seat cover had come off and was resting on the bath!!!!
Apparently cleaner managed to break it and had left it there and failed to report it to maintenance staff. I put it back and reported it next morning but the only fixed it at around 4:00 PM. Not nice to go to reception with 2 kids anytime you need to use the toilet.
And whats with pools with salty water???? You cant help the water getting in your mouth or nose or eyes and believe me its difficult to adapt!!!
Also only 1 of the 3 pools had a toilet so you had to travel to find a toilet in your room or receiption!
Over all most of the staff were very nice, the hotel was very clean and the food was good.
But we wont go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LAGUNA RESORT & SPA lies on the beach of Anissaras in the area of Hersonissos in Crete. It is a majestic and luxurious 5-star hotel with a state of the art Wellness Spa that provides premium service. Guest accommodation includes 351 luxurious rooms, consisting of 180 bungalows (34 of which shape a small island, surrounded by a lake and the rest are family bungalows), 90 beautiful sea view and garden view rooms, 79 superior rooms in the main building, and 2 presidential suites with a private pool for each. A number of infrastructures and facilities such as meeting rooms, tennis courts, beach volley, mini soccer court, gym, 3 seawater swimming pools, a kid’s pool, water slides etc. make the hotel an entertainment paradise for guests of all ages. The hotel places great importance on high quality gastronomy, as guests can try various gastronomic selections in the resort’s 7 restaurants and 4 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mitsis Laguna Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Laguna Hotel Anissaras
- Mitsis Laguna Resort & Spa Crete/Anissaras