“Marvelous Experience”
Review of Pythia Art Hotel

Pythia Art Hotel
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Delphi
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I was really excited both by the wide variety of services and also by the hospitality of the owners.
All in all a marvelous experience that I would highly recommend to everyone.
I will definitely visit you again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed here only because when I arrived in Delphi, it was already 9:30pm, it was the closest hotel to the bus stop, it looked ok, and the price was acceptable. I really should have kept walking.
The first morning, I woke up with bites all over my face and arms. It wasn't until I had a chance to check online a few days later that I could confirm they were bed bugs.
There was also a problem with the shower in my room, which I didn't notice until the second evening. There was no hot water, and the water only came out of the tap, not the showerhead. It took two hours of waiting, multiple trips down to reception and conversations with different staff members for a solution to be found, during which the manager made it clear that he did not believe me about the water temperature. I discovered another minor problem in the room during this, and before I went out for dinner, the manager promised to have it fixed before I returned. It never was - neither that evening nor before I left the next morning.
In short, I've stayed in better hostels... in Albania... and as a guest, I've certainly had better service in hostels. The facilities are one/two star at best, but it was the customer service that really made my experience so terrible. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
10  Thank Jen_Ni823
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We ended here after an odd set of events. The hotel is very well located and was very quiet when we stayed even though it was July. The place is a bit dated but it was fine for a day or two and was good value. Others have mentioned small rooms; we were put in a triple (even though we were 2) and that was a decent size. The guy on reception was friendly. Wouldn't seek the place out but wouldn't avoid either.

Room Tip: Apparently some of the rooms are very small. The triple is a good size though.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Steve D
saanab, Guest Relations Manager at Pythia Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Hey thank you so much for you response we are really glad for the comments and look forward for your visit again!!
Saana Benurwar,
Guest Relations Manager,
Delphi Leading Hotels.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

This is a very basic hotel - it claims to be a tourist 3 star but compared with other tourist 3 star hotels it's way below standard. The rooms are small and cramped, The bathrooms have broken tiles and the hairdryer was held together with tape - unsuccessfully as it happened. There is no dining room and we were told we couldn't have breakfast although in the end some breakfast was provided. The staff are cheerful and pleasant. However, if you are expecting a 3 star hotel you're going to be disappointed!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank MartiniJane
Reviewed 29 July 2010

Located in the center of Delphi, this hotel looks recently renovated. It was booked as part of a 4 day tour of Greece.

Our room was large enough for the two of us, with a small closet and twin beds. The TV is wall mounted to allow for a bit more room, as well as keeping the desk clear. The minirefrig and safe are in the closet.

Although a tourist class hotel, it was comfortable enough for one night. The breakfast was a bit better than other hotels of the class in Greece, with real juice and fresh fruits; the rest was fairly standard – a couple of kinds of breads, jam, butter, olives, ham and cheese. The offering was limited, but perhaps it was because we were the only guests the previous night.

The shower is in the bathtub, again with a handheld sprayer. At least the water pressure was strong, with plenty of hot water.

The aircon takes a while to cool down the room, so I’d recommend you turn it on before dinner if you want it cool enough to sleep at night ! (and this was in June !)

Overall, even if I was staying more than one night, this hotel was comfortable enough for two. Free WiFi is available; ask at reception for the security code.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JKD
Reviewed 30 April 2008

We stayed there for 2 nights, in a room that was hardly for 1 person (we were 2!!!).
Everything is basic (hotel areas, amenities, breakfast etc).
For sure not a boutique hotel (at least concerning the room we stayed).

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Athens_GreeceGeorge
Reviewed 11 August 2007

A magnificent hotel which was just 5 minutes from the archeological sites and museum. Beautiful decoration and lots of paintings, as I think it as a boutique hotel. Very polite and willing to assist you people.Confortable and with terrific view rooms. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank rivriv