“amazing location, amazing views”
Review of Delphi Palace

Delphi Palace
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Delphi
Virginia
“amazing location, amazing views”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I was amazed by the views from my balcony at this hotel. It is an older hotel, and has a lot of character. But it is clean and spacious. The bathroom, while not the best I've ever seen, was clean and functional, although my friend almost locked herself into the bathroom. The pool was great for a dip after a hot day. And the food was excellent as well. The staff was friendly and it was located in a great quiet location in Delphi.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank piglover217
saanab, Guest Relations Manager at Delphi Palace, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Thank you so much for writing a review for us we really appreciate your response and will make sure that we maintain the same or even better service when you visit us again. It would be great to have you here with us again. Have a safe trip ahead. Take care.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
stainton
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We stayed at the hotel 11th June the staff were wonderful the view amazing it was clean and friendly who cares if there was no lift the staff took care of the luggage ,So it was old style thank goodness a refreshing change from a chain hotel,we had fun when our friend got stuck in the toilet and the bedroom door handle came off in my hand. We had a thunder storm over the balcony which was magnificent.I would love to go back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
saanab, Guest Relations Manager at Delphi Palace, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Hello,
Thank you so much for joining us here at the Delphi Palace and appreciate a lot for your wonderful response. We would definitely love to have you back with us but this time for a sunny Greece!!! :)
Regards,
Delphi Palace team.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 13 June 2013

You will never find another better place if you stay in Palace in Delphi. Complete serenity surrounds me throughout my whole stay. No noise of cars or people form the street, I can just enjoy the perfect calmness that the true Delphi can bring me. View of Corinthian gulf right in front of the hotel, I can simply take a glimpse of the city of ITEA and also GALAXIDI. At night, I saw thousands of stars due to the complete darkness of the place.

Food service is excellent and the staffs are like friends. Traditional Greek cuisine with the best view in town. That's what Delphi Palace could offer.

Thanks to the lovely cleaning lady! Though she cannot speak very good english, but I appreciate very much of the warm care from all of you!

Thanks a lot! I will definitely come back again!!!

Room Tip: Rooms with front view is the best!!! You can see the whole amazing view toward the Corinthian Gulf!!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Sheila2013_13
saanab, Guest Relations Manager at Delphi Palace, responded to this review, 22 June 2013
Thank you so much for your excellent review we are absolutely overwhelmed and would definitely love to have you back with us!!
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Delphi Palace Hotel Delphi is definately not a 'palace' but rather a unique 'old style' hotel with no lifts and in need of a major revamp. However, the service and staff are a different matter entirely - this could not be faulted. The location of this hotel is also fantastic with magnificent views over the valley.

Room Tip: If possible, suite to be requested.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SandyM053
saanab, Guest Relations Manager at Delphi Palace, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Greetings from Delphi Palace Thank you so much for taking your time and writing a review for us it was extremely helpful and we will make sure the problems mentioned shall be responded to immediately we appreciate everything you have contributed and expect to see you again!!
Singapore
Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed in hotel Delphi. It was in a nice location, walking distance to the town and remarkable views overlooking the sea and mountains. Having dinner in the balcony was amazing, with the sunset in the background. The hotel has no lifts, but staff were willing to help with the luggage.
Service was good, and staff was friendly and helpful.

There was however no aircon in the room, so it's stuffy and hot at night. Couldn't keep the windows open either, cos insects and mosquitoes could get in. The morning call was slightly late, though I still made it in time.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank savvytravelling
saanab, Manager at Delphi Palace, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Hi I am so glad you wrote a review for us extremely sorry for the problem you had to face because of the aircon and the wake up call. Sorry for the inconvenience of no lift as the hotel was bulit in the 1950's its forbidden for us to put in elevators. We appreciate your response and hope we can provide a much better service the next time. Thanking you from Team Delphi Palace
Reviewed 21 October 2012 via mobile

One of the biggest hotels around.
Comfortable rooms. Good service. Very personal.
Friendly environment.
fair prices.
Leaving room is big and comfortable to spend the evening with friends.
Will come again.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Alkiviadis R
PA
Reviewed 15 October 2012

This is by far one of the worst hotels I stayed at in Europe. The only redeeming quality about this disaster of a hotel is the view but seriously that's it. I'm sure this hotel was lovely 50 years ago but it has gone terribly downhill from there. The food, especially the buffet breakfast is completely disgusting. The slimmest pickings I have ever seen, hair in the food and things weren't completely cooked through. The rooms are disgusting as well. Shattered mirrors, shoddy carpentry fix ups and non-functioning air conditioning are only the beginning. I hope you like flies because hordes of them live in the hallways and try to get into the room if you leave your door open for longer than five seconds. Also avoid the pool. I can't prove it but I am almost positive I developed a UTI after swimming in it. Thank god you can buy antibiotics without a prescription in Greece or my vacation would have been ruined by this hell hole. AVOID this place - there are plenty of newer and nicer looking places to stay in the small town.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. Don't stay here!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SueMPA

Travellers are raving about these Delphi hotels