“Awesome view and friendly staff!”
Review of Olympic Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Delphi
Olympic Hotel
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Delphi
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Excellenet small family owned hotel. This hotel is very clean and well maintained. The owner and staff were very friendly and helpful. We asked for a nice place to have dinner and the owner suggested a restaurant just a few doors down from the hotel that was just wonderful, with delicious food and more great views from the dining patio. The hotel lobby area is charming and homey, the rooms are basic but have everything necessary for comfort. The views off the balcony are absolutely gorgeous looking down the mountain and out to the sea.

Room Tip: Request a room at the rear of the hotel as these have balconies overlo
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michelle K

Reviewed 11 July 2011

I stayed here for one night because I missed my bus, and it was close to the bus station. I had previously spent the other nights at a hotel further from the bus station, and did not feel like carrying my luggage all the way back.

The hotel is OK, with spacious rooms that are nicely furnished. Everything was clean, but the mattress was not comfortable.

What I found odd was that the staff/owner seemed grouchy/unhappy, and did not want to engage in any friendly banter. Also, after I checked out, but was still waiting for my bus, they wanted to charge me 2 euros an hour for sitting in the lobby/living room and surfing the net. It just seemed a little trivial, given that I was a guest at the hotel (and my room came with free wifi -- the same connection/signal as in the lobby.) The owner told me that the "company" called him and told him that he had to charge me 2 euros an hour. I'm not sure if this can be true, since anyone in the lobby can pick up the signal, and there is no sign-on screen etc. And when I asked to use the WC, they seemed to agree only grudgingly. I don't think I did anything wrong or damaged anything, so the behavior of the owner just seemed very odd.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Keat_Siang73
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I visited Olympia 15 years ago and came back, what a good choice again.
Our room had a gorgeous view, it didn`t change at all in all those years.
The hotel is basic, but very clean and we had a good breakfast.
We will tell our friends.

Room Tip: Room at the backside, first floor.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2011

this hotel even smells great! A vanilla aroma greets you as you go to your room. Very clean and appears to be recently updated. Has an exceptional continental breakfast. Family run and they are very friendly and gracious. Felt like a guest in their home. Especially enjoyed talking with the Greek owner in the "living room" like front lobby. Wish we had spent more time in delphi!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2011

In small Greek hotels showers are often poor. At the Olympic they are unusable by anyone over 175 lbs. The sleeping quarters were merely adequate but provided a wonderful view all the way down to the Gulf of Coronth. Decent buffet breakfast.
Payment was required in cash although booking info advised otherwise.
My recommendation comes with several caveats

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank canatrav
Reviewed 19 April 2011

a very nice hotel with a great location. the host might seem a bit aggressive at first but is actually really nice and helpful.
the rooms have beautiful view of the gulf and the valley.
the price includes a very nice breakfest.
highly recommended!!
very good value for the low price

Room Tip: ask for one with a balcony
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2009

Stayed here for one night on a classical greece tour.
Excellent location and the views from the balcony is second to none. Our room 25 had 3 single beds and a resonable sized bathroom ( for Greece)
The breakfast was basic a cold boiled egg, bread , cakes, jam, butter, olives and coffee. It was very quiet as we overlooked the valley although people with street rooms said it was noisy at night.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends