“Lovely hotel and more than friendly staff”
Review of Sibylla Hotel

and 1 more site!
Sibylla Hotel
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Delphi
Reviewed 13 May 2011

Hi,

I just came back from Greece and I spent two nights in Sibylla Hotel. Very good value, I was surprised when I payed at the end of my stay because I thought the total price should be the price for one night! (don't believe that I don't care about the money, the opposite, but there aren't so many hostels in Greece and I accepted the fact that being a solo traveler is always more expensive).

The hotel was very clean, in the main street of Delphi, but it wasn't noisy or maybe I was very tired at night... No, it's not peak season at the moment. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom clean and with all the things I could need (hair dryer, shampoo, towels...). The staff was very helpful, they even offered me to borrow a laptop with internet access because I didn't travel with mine!

So, I feel very thankful for the stay there and I want to share my experience with everybody.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank CChristi
There are newer reviews for Sibylla Hotel

Reviewed 7 May 2011

This small family run hotel is a great option for a short stay in Delphi. The rooms are very clean, beds are comfortable and we had a room with a balcony looking out over the mountains. Beautiful. All this for just 32 euro a night - just what we were looking for on our tour of the ancient Greek sites. This doesn't include breakfast, but there's a cafe with good coffee across the road and some bakeries and small mini-markets down the street. They also have free wi-fi.

It's a short walk down to ancient Delphi and we found it a great place to base ourselves while exploring the area. The town of Arachova up the road is also worth a visit for dinner or lunch. A cute ski town with little tavernas and views out over the mountains.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks out over the mountain
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LoveTravel56
Reviewed 28 March 2011

If there is such thing as cheap and good than this hotel deserved it. No frill hotel and no breakfast but who cares, there are cafes, minimart and bakery a stone throw away. Its good value for money given the location, cleanliness and free wifi. The reception is always friendly and ready to help. It about 300 meters away from the bus station and 400 meters away from the Museum and sites. This is the best value hotel during my travel in Greece. How I wish all the hotel in Greece is like Sibylla.

Reviewed 3 March 2011

Location is fantastic - right in the middle of Delphi we could walk to the ancient sites and to all local restaurants. We stayed here in February and we couldnt beat the price, and wow what a view from our balcony!

Spotlessly clean, the room did have a smell of stale cigarette smoke (but this is probably common in Greece) but we simply opened the double doors onto the balcony to freshen it up!

Free wi-fi too is great!

we loved Delphi and will stay here again if we get the chance to travel back here

Reviewed 3 March 2011

Top price €25,- per night, small fridge, wifi, very nice staff. Go there if you can. They deserve it. No breakfast. Bakery across the street. Watch out, no real supermarket in the village.

1  Thank Dido37
Reviewed 22 November 2010

I can't believe how nice this place was for the cost. Our rate for a double room in late October was 30 euros/night!!! And it was a perfectly nice, with a beautiful view. No need to pay more for the posher places. The wifi was very fast. Great value.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 20 November 2010

A friend was headed to Delphi and two others of us decided to join her! We were really worried about where we would stay - she had already booked with Sibylla - but we called them up and they were more than happy to help. Our bus wasn't getting into Delphi until the time that their front desk is normally closed. They were so wonderful in making sure that we would be able to get into the hotel, and then into our room. But it ended up that they were there when we got there, and they were SO WONDERFUL! The service was GREAT, they spoke English well enough for us to get by, they were SO friendly, the hotel was clean, and we all just loved it! It was so cozy and nice!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends