Creta Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Pergola Hotel(Agios Nikolaos)
  • Beachfront
El Greco Hotel(Agios Nikolaos)
Hotel Odysseas(Agios Nikolaos)
Hotel Ikaros(Agios Nikolaos)
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
Du Lac hotel(Agios Nikolaos)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Dedalos(Agios Nikolaos)
Hotel Ariti(Agios Nikolaos)
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat locationapartment was very cleanfull kitchenquiet locationgood sizenice balconysea viewhot wateryogurtkitchenettebedroomkeysbayinternetsupermarket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2012

A fab little apartment in a great location in the town. The family who run this hotel, made us feel very welcome, helping us to plan our stay and also to plan our onward travel. The Greek yogurt and honey is very moorish too!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrG1984
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We stayed at this property in August, we had read good reviews (sometimes subjective) and saw so many photos (which often do not belong to the structures), but what we found k by Bernadette was unique to say the least! Upon arrival we were greeted as if we were old friends, speak good Italian, and although this is not essential it's always nice when you go abroad. just give us the keys to the room ahead of me saying "I hope you like it, I love your room." Obviously intrigued just arrived I open the windows in the room leading to the terrace and say they seem to be about 20 square meters overlooking the sea in front of us on the island of Kri Kri inhabited only by goats and to our right we could see a small bay, I was speechless! entry into the room I realize that there is everything you might need! including iron and ironing board, room very clean (cleaning was done every day), bathroom with tub, kitchen very well equipped, everything you could hope for there was there! Once you exit the structure going to the left, the center is a 5min walk down the stairs, is a small card that leaves you speechless, where there is everything: Small Market (I would not recommend because it is quite expensive, if you have the best car shopping to large supermarkets ), bars, restaurants, shop tabaccheria.Andando on the right of the structure rather you get to the little bay that was visible from the terrace .. Crystalline Water! a seventh was little and did not want to leave. Absolutely RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Lovely hotel in a great location. Bernadette who runs the hotel could not do enough for you even lending us a laptop to keep in touch with family after a chance conversation. She is also multi-lingual. (English/Greek/French/German at least).
The hotel sits on a small promentary between the harbour and the best beach in town. This means 30-40 steps or a steep hill but well worth the effort. Not the easiest place to find due to the street layout. Rooms are spacious and spotlessly clean. Very simply decorated with no "glitz" or pretentious theme. Rooms above second floor have the better views which are spectacular.
Very central location gives easy access to all that the resort has to offer. Trip to Spinalonga is very interesting and good fun. Take plenty water.
Overall, a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms above second floor have better views.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel with a friend in 2009, loved the city, the place and the people and had to go back in 2010 and stay at the same hotel again on my own, both times for just over a week. It is right in the centre and 2 mins walk from the city beach. They have lovely studio apartments with kitchenette and balcony, all with a sea view. It's great value for money for a medium to long stay given the facilities. The owners are lovely and helpful with everything, they alway gave me a lift to the bus station at the end of my stay - I almost consider them friends. I hope to be able to go back and visit again in the near future.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front are larger and facing the sea, best view and brighter, but tend to get hotter in the summer.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 April 2012

This hotel has a superb view from its top floor rooms. The sea was a translucent turquoise; the great mountains of Crete rose up out of the water, circling the bay. The balcony was huge. This in itself would get my top vote, but the room was also very comfortable and attractive - a studio really with a large well-equipped kitchen and a good bathroom including a bath as well as a powerful shower - baths relatively unusual in Crete. There was an iron, an ironing board that folded away into the wardrobe drawer in a really neat way (not something I'd normally get excited about but it was quite novel) and comfortable beds -the Crete mattresses tend to be very firm, which I like + plenty of extra pillows and blankets and a TV that worked well.

Very friendly, very central and excellent value.

PS: Don't be put off going to this pretty and charming town by very old and dated reports about lager louts or package tourism - that is 10 to 15 years out of date. Books and guides still referring to Ag Nik and lager louts should be ashamed for not researching the 'here and now'.
Early in the season this is a quiet town geared to its local population rather than tourists; even in season it has moved away from package tourism. There are a few ex pats and English bars -and lots of Rooms- but all low key. There are lots of good restaurants, bars and shops - slightly pricier than inland or up in the mountains but Agios Nikolaos makes a good base for travelling round the eastern part of the island and seeing the really remote places.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple